‘Star Wars VII’ Will Have Major Change to Opening: No Fox Fanfare

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I assume it will be. It might not be but I don't think it wouldn't be.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's a wait and see! It probably will be there but maybe it'll still read "Lucasfilm" - this still IS technically a Lucasfilm project, isn't it?

3. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Supposedly.

4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I hated Skyfall!

5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Damn that's funny!

6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I would love to see the Fox logo but really, all they did was distribute the thing! I would like to see it only because it does tie them all in, but it's completely inconsequential as far as how good the movies will be.

7. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I honestly can't see why people are getting so worked up about a small bit of music that will be missing from the next Star Wars installment... (But with a five page (and counting) thread on the subject, I guess they are.)

If there is anything I've learned during my few years at SH Forums, is that even though the folks here hate change, they love the Beatles that much more.

So, to ease the pain, I suggest that Disney "Beatle-ize" the beginning of film to take the sting out of losing a 15-second bit of musical fanfare...

[​IMG]

:nyah:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Good one :laugh:

9. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

They havent started filming the thing and you guys are already bashing it.

I know where NOT to get my reviews from when the film is released...

10. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Why should anyone care about the Fox fanfare? It has nothing to do with the film itself.

11. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Although strange, as it seems to go hand in hand. If the movie is great no one will care.

Just please no more CGI. The old movies still hold up cause of the memorable characters and using real pieces to bring out realism in the movies they made.

CGI does not work for Star Wars.

12. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

I'm more a Trek fan but I've seen Star Wars 4/5/6 numerous times as I was in that generation (I was ten in 1977).

That said, I didn't even know I was supposed to care about the FOX visuals / music until I saw some Star Wars documentary (I think it was the one about Lucas vs the fans?).

So if they change it I don't much care -- I'm more concerned that the rest of Ep 7 is going to suck as bad as Ep 1 did. Hopefully not.

blind_melon1 likes this.
  13. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Par for the course around here, everyone is a movie critic AND a psychic who can predict how badly a film will suck even if they haven't started filming yet. I find it a consistent source of amusement.

14. Oatsdad

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised there's not been commentary about a change I think is bigger: the release date. The movie's slated to come out in December 2015, which will take it from the series' traditional May 20-something time frame.

Can't explain why, but that bugs me a lot more than the lack of the fanfare. "Star Wars" movies are supposed to come out in May, dadgummit!

15. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Kathleen Kennedy requested the release date be pushed until spring 2016, the brass at Disney said "NO, it must be 2015!" so they compromised and moved the release date to December.

16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'm not surprised that they tried to push it to May 2016. I remember thinking when this was first announced that May 2015 seemed like an awfully short timeline to put together a new Star Wars film, especially one set in a new era, meaning they have to start almost from scratch on a lot of the designs and such.

17. Oatsdad

Thanks - didn't know that! Just seems weird to get a "Star Wars" film in the winter!

18. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

So we'll get a "Star Wars" film without the Fox fanfare in winter?!

NOOOOOOOO! :yikes:

This will be a fiasco. No good can possibly come from those movies.

19. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I just hope the opening crawl says Episode IV and then proceeds to explain how Episodes 1-3 were a bad dream

20. The Scarecrow

The Scarecrow Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

That would mean they're remaking IV...sounds more like a nightmare to me. ;)

Keith V likes this.
  22. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I guess you're right, we might get Daisy Duck as Carrie Fisher :)

23. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

If you saw the original films when they were new you would understand, otherwise I can see why it wouldn't be a big deal. It's very much a part of the film. And an extension of screwing around with elements of the original films. Many people have strong memories of the original films and you just hate to see any of it changed. They don't do that on most other films, why these? The fact that people are so passionate about the original films is, to me, reason enough for the top brass to respect the fan's feelings and stop messing with the original films, and it would be a great honor towards the original films to leave the original Fox logo at the beginning of the new films. It will better tie the movies into the past films for those of us that remember that experience. I would not feel strongly about this with 99% of other franchises. Hard to explain, but did my best....

24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

But these aren't the original films, they're new films.

25. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I saw the original films in the theater, so I know the experience of the fanfare. I just don't think it's an issue at all. This is no longer George Lucas's property and the new owners can make any changes they see fit. If this is the best SW film of all time, will anyone care about the opening?

Encuentro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.