☼ Best Sounding The Millennium "Begin" on Vinyl? ☼

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ComeToTheSunshine, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComeToTheSunshine

ComeToTheSunshine New Member Thread Starter

Hi! I'm new to the forum and as you can tell I'm a very big Sunshine Pop fan.

I've been wanting this album on vinyl for a very long time. Aside from the near impossible to find original LP, there have been almost endless reissues by various labels. Which of them are the best sounding?

2. ComeToTheSunshine

ComeToTheSunshine New Member Thread Starter

Here's my favorite song from that album:

Summerisle likes this.
  3. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Original USA Columbia 360 Sound LP is really hard to top. Why not? You only live once.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'd stick with CDs unless you can get the original for a song

5. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

The sundazed reissue sounds pretty sweet to me and so does the MOV reissue, both are significantly better then the cd, i don't have an original (i wish...)
    Btw the MOV reissue of 'begin's' sister album 'present tense' by Sagittarius also sounds superb.

My fave millennium song is 'some sunny day', a killer song from a masterpiece LP.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  6. alexpop

Sundazed 'Bob Dylan -Highway 61.
    Crap sounding, rough inner sleeve. Took that one back to Tower pronto. Then I got the DCC version. Big smiles & thumbs aloft.

7. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

In 1976 I got lucky as a Dutch CBS guy decided to rerelease this LP in the Netherlands. I bought it then and never looked back. Unfortunately, that reissue is also hard to get. There has been a Scorpio budget rerelease and a Sundazed/United one. Both are likely pressed on subpar vinyl, and the Scorpio will have a dubious source. There is also a MOV-reissue and this will be from a hi-res file sent to them by Columbia. This LP is an absolute classic!

TheeGory and She is anyway like this.
  8. ElwoodPDowd

ElwoodPDowd Well-Known Member

Was that Dutch guy the same chap who got The Silver Apples release out in Holland at the same time? I think that was released on MCA though...

Good advice BTW.

9. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

I've had my share of bad sundazed pressings but the millennium one is ok, the sound is nice, better then the cd, i own both, if 'begin'had a DCC version, i too would have a big smile on my face.

10. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

As i mentioned in my post just above you :D i have the sundazed and th MOV reissues and they both sound excellent, the scorpio which i also have is ok, not great but not awful.

11. bibijeebies

@Doctorwu: our posts crossed, but could you please confirm that the Sundazed has been pressed at United?
    The audiophile community probably wants another Doors 45 rpm reissue instead of this wonderful adventurous LP...their loss!

12. bibijeebies

I really don't know. He had excellent taste though, as he also did Sagittarius - Present Tense plus Spirit - 12 Dreams etc...

13. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

I will have to look for it (just moved to a new place), i bought it a long time ago when united were the only plant pressing sundazed vinyl, so it's a united pressing.
    I will look for it anyway just to confirm and to listen to it again. :)
    What about the 'Santana' S/t album?, it's been a month since somebody reissued it, we want another go!, i bet someone can surpass the previous three thousands attempts :D

14. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

I bought a reissue of it in the late 90's on Columbia. I think Sundazed reissued it shortly afterward. Anyway my copy sounds great but I couldn't tell you where it was sourced from.

15. alexpop

I have that.
    Nectar to the ears.

TheeGory likes this.
  16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Interesting. This is vinyl you have? I'm surprised Columbia was doing this sort of thing in the late 90's and it not being Dylan or Springsteen.

17. TheeGory

TheeGory Forum Resident

*bump* had anyone confirmed the Sundazed source? Is this an AAA release? Sorry if I missed the info, before. Thinking of picking it up and Bob Irwin is the MAN! Just wanted to see some more thoughts and opinions on this reissue.

Gill-man likes this.
  18. alexpop

Has to be tbe best sounding West coast rock LP ( orig).

Gill-man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.