? for those who order from Soundstage Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Budysr, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

SoundStage Direct's LP shipping packaging is so excellent I'll forgive them lots if things.

Kubricker and dirtymac like this.
  2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Actually you do - at least I do. I live fairly close (New Jersey) to where Soundstagedirect is located, so I always select media mail (free shipping) and I receive an email with tracking that my orders shipped. In addition, tracking is always available under "My Account" when looking at the orders section.

3. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

What is the current SH discount code? If anyone could PM me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

4. JeffR714

JeffR714 Well-Known Member

Switched up my Beatles Mono Vinyl order from Acoustic Sounds last Fri also ordered The Allman Brothers MFSL there 30 miles from me and I still didn't receive the Allman Brothers and I'm picking up the Beatles set Tues. So I'm a bit bugged I hate media mail it's ****! After the Mono box it's back to AS

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  5. Six String

Six String Senior Member

I have bought from them a few times and can vouch for them being a little I do stress a little. If you are used to Amazon you might need to dial back your expectations but at least you don't have to worry about them slapping a shipping label on the record and mailing it to you. I just ordered the Beatles mono box today from them. I am not worried and you shouldn't be either.

Kubricker likes this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

They can be slow but they are reliable for the most part.

7. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I know this is an old thread but I ordered six months ago and it took two weeks to get my order. I ordered again a couple weeks ago and after two weeks there was a notice on my door telling me they required a signature, meaning I still don't have it. I sent an email a couple days ago and no reply....at least its here in town now but I am so done with these clowns now.

8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, two weeks even with media mail is wayyyy too long. They clearly don't ship for a few days after receiving an order, which is just not acceptable in todays world. Never again for me....you can get most any title from any vinyl vendor. Why order from them....as a business owner I don't understand how they are still in business.

9. Six String

Six String Senior Member

I suspect that Sound Stage is ordering some of their music when they get orders instead of keeping a large inventory, particularly if your order has items that aren't hot sellers at the time. It's hard too imagine that they are sitting on your package for a week before shipping it off. I'm becoming less enamored with Amazon and its business practices as time
    goes on. The Sound Stage website states how long a piece of music takes before it ships. For my Beatles box it said
    "usually ships in 2- 4 days." So there's almost a week in business days right there before it ever gets processed and shipped. There service outside of speed is great. I had two warped records I got from them a few months ago. They were barely able to track and I thought if this gets worse I'm screwed so I sent them an email about it and they responded quickly and shipped out both lps and didn't require me to ship the defects back or provide any other proof.

10. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Hi,

Would you mind if I gave you a call? I want to look into this or call me 1-877-929-8729

Thanks,

Seth

Heckto35 likes this.
  11. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

I used to order from them. Way too many damaged records by the time they get to my door. Their packaging is great, it's the USPS that does the damage. They must toss these records like they are frisbees. Crushed corners and split seams. Complained to PO, they seemed concerned but I am sure the buck stopped there.

12. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

I'm sorry to hear some of you are having problems. I've had consistently excellent service from SoundStageDirect over the years and have never yet received an LP damaged in shipping, though from the look of a few of the boxes, USPS tried really hard to change that.

Myke likes this.
  13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

When it comes down to it, you're still dealing with individual personalities in the shipping business.
    My son witnessed guys throwing TVs at UPS, and laughing about it. Same stories from my step father, at the USPS 30 years ago.

14. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Did you see the email on the 3rd?

Hello John,

I'm sorry our update did not reach you! On 9/3/14 we sent you the following email:

"Unfortunately, our shipment from the record company of In Motion: The Remixes came in with a corner bend to the cover. The record itself is fine, this is just cosmetic damage to the cover. We can offer you this copy at an additional 10% off. You are also free to wait for a mint copy to arrive from the record company. The processing time for this item is 2-4 business days. Please let us know how you wish to proceed."

As we did not hear back, we re-ordered a new/mint copy from the record company, which arrived to our warehouse today. Your order is on the packing table now, so you will receive an email with tracking information by the end of the day. Since the order exceeded the estimated processing time noted on the site, I have expedited your shipping method to UPS Ground. This way, the order will reach you within 3-5 days, as opposed to 10-14 days with media mail.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the shipping! We are always looking for ways to make the customer experience more positive, and your input is greatly appreciated.
    I am happy to answer any questions you may have. My office hours are Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm.

Thank you,
    Anna Keating
    Customer Service Manager
    SoundStageDirect
    212 Decatur St.
    Doylestown, PA 18901

ellingtonic and Reese like this.
  15. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

This mirrors my experience. My dealings with SoundstageDirect have all been very positive.

Myke likes this.
  16. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

let us know ans we will replace

17. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Hi John,(Jrr)

your LPs are being sent overnight to you, did you see the email from Anna on the 3rd?

We tried to call you, or you can call us so I can apologized for any miss communication or anything so we can learn something from this.

Thanks,

Seth

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  18. clgoss77

clgoss77 Forum Resident

+1 on this. I've had great luck with Soundstage Direct, and order from them pretty often, but they won't ship until everything is in stock.

19. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

I have ordered from them many times and this is my experience, if its a new release it ships quickly. If its new but been out for awhile I believe they get it from their distrubitor and then ship to you. So you will see a couple of days. Either way any inquiries are usually answered very quickly. They do have great customer service, no questions asked on returns.

Only knock is the change from free shipping from 29.99 to 34.99. I use to pop for more single LP orders, like a MFSL here and there, but now with the higher shipping rate I have to wait for two LPs that I want to get. May not sound like much of a difference to some, but now your locked into buying 2 LPS to get over the 34.99 so at the least your spending $45+, since more LPs are greater than $20 apiece. Since I am also an Amazon Prime member I can pop for more single LPs from them with the free two-day shipping so I get them quicker and if its a new release I can also get it for a lower price. Now if SSD went to free shipping, I'd be more inclined to order more from them.

Six String likes this.
  20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Maybe they'll institute a $79.-$99. annual fee one day also. Remember, our Prime isn't actually "free."

sennj and Reese like this.
  21. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

I ordered 3 LPs shipped to Canada from SSD a few months ago.

They are reliable with excellent packaging and ships promptly. However, it costs a fortune to ship to Canada.

My total order was $105. After taxes, duty and shipping charges were applied, the end total was $160 :sigh::sigh:

22. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

True, but since I already paid the fee, I'm going to use it as much as I can. Plus the family also uses it, so its probably a push as to how much the annual fee is and what we "save" in shipping cost. Dont get me wrong I do like SSD but I now have to bundle as oppose to just pulling the trigger on a single LP here and there. Also since SSD is close to me I tend to get their package quick too.

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Prime wss great but I have noticed lately that most LPs take an extra. 2-3 data to ship. I may as well order from third party sellers as it's usually cheaper nowadays.
    My prime membership ends in two days. I'm not renewing.

24. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

If I buy a new LP online it's almost always from SoundStage Direct. They have a great policy for screening defective vinyl if you ask them to when you order. Something like that is as good as gold nowadays given the poor quality control many of us have witnessed. If I have to wait a little for them to find a defect-free copy, I'll gladly do so to avoid disappointment when my LP does arrive.

25. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well guys...here's the end to my Soundstage saga. As you probably saw up thread, Seth contacted me and to make a very long story short, admitted they royally screwed up. And I respect that...don't give me excuses or try to blame it on me...just tell me you screwed up. But before that happened, I got an email earlier in the day from customer no service. What pissed me off was them telling me they had emailed me awhile back and since they didn't hear back from me, they just held the order. And I only got that because three days ago (!) I emailed an inquiry asking why my order had not arrived. Turned out a cover was bent and they wanted to know if they should wait until a new one came in, or take that one at a 10% discount. Yes, I do appreciate they brought this issue to my attention. However, I never got the email, and I feel they should have at least followed up with one more and/or a phone call, and/or sent the other three titles. The email today informed me they just got a new one in, and that all four titles were shipping out today. And lucky me...they were upgrading for free my shipping so that they would arrive in 3-5 days! Wow...really?? Only another 3-5 days after 15? Yup, pissed me off yet again. Before I could call and tell them what I thought of this awesome offer, and to cancel my order in the process, Seth proactively sent a followup email and said they were overnighting it...which is exactly what I would expect my employees to do in a case like this.

You know, it's only vinyl, it isn't the end of the world. But this is twice I have had to fight to get my orders from them. Obviously it's shame on me if I order from them again. My conclusion is they don't stock vinyl, they order as they get orders. That's fine, but tell us! Then maybe we can decide to, I don't know, maybe order elsewhere and get the order in 3 days? They don't care about customer service, obviously (with Seth being an exception as I'm sure this forum isn't doing them any favors) or they would not have taken three days to return my email, and they would not have tried to blame me for the problem by telling me they didn't hear back from me. You never, ever blame a customer for a problem! We always contact a client at least twice if there are any shipping issues, and if we don't hear back then we call. We don't wait for them to tell us there is an issue, we keep trying until the problem is resolved. Yes, it's only vinyl...but if I take the time to place and pay for an order, the very least I expect is for my order to be shipped as soon as possible, and a prompt reply if I have a question regarding the order I placed. SSD failed both times I have ordered and while I appreciate the effort Seth has put forth, the rest of his team obviously is not up to the task. I can order from any one of a dozen other vinyl on line resellers just like everyone else around here. I don't need the hassle. So, in the spirit of this thread, I guess one can come to the conclusion of where I will be ordering in future...it will continue to be Elusive Disc!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.