Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks to a heads-up in the Beatles MONO price tracker http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/price-tracker-beatles-mono-vinyl-box-set.362131/page-38
    I was able to take advantage of the great deals at Collector's Choice http://www.ccmusic.com/?gclid=CKWrudzppcECFYZzMgoduFYA5g using promo code OCT1425, which takes 25% off the order. I grabbed 14 records and the total shipping charge was $8.95.

Incredible deals to be had! Johnny Cash, Stooges, Beatles, Black Sabbath, the new KISS releases, Cat Power, the new MONO Monkees set etc., etc.

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Which Sabbath ?

can't find the Vertigo
    vinyl box :realmad:

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thanks @dirtymac ! I just got the upcoming Dylan & The Band Complete Basement Tapes box for $89.98 !!!!!

These guys are so obviously affiliated with Import CDs, you'd have to be blind not to see it. Yet, it's $2.49 cheaper here, with the code.

dirtymac likes this.
  4. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

I wish they took Paypal. I have a nice fat balance sitting there. importcds.com takes Paypal but ccmusic.com does not. :(

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The Zep sets are a good price for US customers with the 25/100 discount.

The Beave was the first to inform us of the code, great idea by dirtymac to give this its own thread.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    The Beave likes this.
  6. eelkiller

I was hoping the same, using Paypal allows me to get Super D shipments to the USA saving the dreaded handling charges. Hopefully lots of people can take advantage of this deal while it lasts. :)

Naughty Chord likes this.
  7. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I was hoping Springsteens "Album Collection" would be available - although its listed at $80 its not available to add to your cart. $60 (with coupon) would be a pretty good deal.

8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

All new titles I wanted are available except Trilogy and Stones LA 1975.

9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I've never used these guys before, but I have used importcds, and I agree they must be affiliated (because their sites are nearly identical).

How have people done with them? Has stuff been well-packed, etc?

10. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Is this a "one time" per customer coupon?
    When does it expire?
    If an item isn't in stock do you think the "ships in 5-10" days promise is an estimate and I may have that item cancelled?
    Never having ordered from here any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

11. eelkiller

I have dealt with them in the past, everything was well packed. No issues that I can recall.

mrjinks likes this.
  12. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I ordered from them twice back in January when I got a 30% discount. Part of the order was that 5-10 day shipping, and everything went without a hitch. I think I spent close to $500 and the only problem was one lp that was open. Almost everything was double boxed........

Myke likes this.
  13. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Thanks to Dirty Mac and the Beav. I ended up saving about 75 bucks on the deal. Great work!

Myke likes this.
  14. enocaster

enocaster Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for the heads-up. This order would have cost $444 on Amazon, instead it was $300 shipped:

APHEX TWIN - SYRO $20.98
    BEATLES - BEATLES IN MONO $224.98
    FOXYGEN - FOXYGEN & STAR POWER $12.58
    OLIVIA TREMOR CONTROL - JOHN PEEL SESSION $9.58
    SPOON - THEY WANT MY SOUL $13.78

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Anyone know if the code still works today? I am hoping that OCT14 refers to the year and not the day!

16. Myke

Just try it ! You know you can take it pretty far in your cart, without having to be indebted to them. :tiphat:

And it's OCT1425.

hutlock likes this.
  17. enocaster

I just tried and it still works. I have all of the single-LP Zeppelin reissues in my cart for $75. This is dangerous.

Peter Pyle and hutlock like this.
  18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Damn…I couldn't resist some of those MOFI Albums at $18 per…not to mention that KILLER PRE ORDER price on the Sleater Kinney Vinyl Box after the 25% off!!

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  19. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Getting conflicting reports on whether they are still shipping the mono Beatles box. My order still appears to be pending but has been since Saturday, and other members reported being told it was out of stock. The hold on my card has been taken off. Weird stuff.

20. Myke

That "hold" was likely only the temporary authorization. Mine (for the pre ordered Dylan box) came off after a few days. Standard practice.

dustybooks likes this.
  21. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Why are they still showing Beatles Mono Box In-Stock and Ships Within 24 Hours if they are cancelling orders?

22. enocaster

I ordered a Beatles Mono box yesterday and it shipped within hours.

23. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I just ordered the Mono box. I spoke to a rep and they said there were plenty in stock.

24. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Mine has now shipped as well. My guess it was a temporary shortfall? Amazon was running low last night with more on the way.

25. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Being For The Benefit Of My Bank Account......it would be better if this could be used just once. Not the case, though. Just put through a third order. Stupid low prices on lots of great stuff. Record lovers search "wea vinyl", "rhino vinyl", "sundazed vinyl" "sony legacy vinyl" to get to some excellent pressings for not much dough.