Latest/recent DVD movies watched? (Part 10)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Alright, no more McSperm ....get Python-nated..."....every sperm is sacred...." ;)

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Scope J likes this.
  3. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

The Colony

Looked promising but in reality just another zombie movie.

Lincoln

Good movies, slow at times but not quite as boring as expected. Can see why Day-Lewis won the Oscar.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Simpatico.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Cheap Thrills--didn't now much about this movie, but sort of edgy and suspenseful, kept my interest pretty much all the way. It's about money and how far we'd go for it.

The Edge of Tomorrow--Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt--SF action, I really thought the action scenes rock on this one, and the story was engaging and funny in parts too, pretty novels story.

X-Men: Days of Future Past--Liked this one too, although I didn't know all the mutants, it was fun to see them rocking out with all the special powers, I thought the Asian gal throwing those time holes or vortexes was pretty cool, good story too.

6. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Juzo Itami's Tampopo

7. Rachael Bee

Once Upon A Time In America, Director's Cut.... I was disappointed by how the found footage looked. None of the found footage is essential to the story line. Next time out, I'll watch the shorter version.

8. Michael

probably looks better on DVD! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

9. Michael

Art Student Confidential

10. Michael

Daniel was fab but, I did not enjoy the movie...

11. Rachael Bee

Nah, the found footage looks very foul. Decreasing the resolution would make the characters look even more like zombies.... :winkgrin:

12. Michael

yes, but since DVD is so inferior to BR I figured the fabulous pristine BR would look so much better than the added footage on BR since BR can't polish the added footage...now in the case of the crappy DVD the added footage would look worse yes but, not as noticeable as on the pristine superior BR.

13. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

14. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Michael Nesmith's Elephant Parts

Excellent for it's time...creative, funny, a little topical...holds up really well (much better than Head does)

15. Rachael Bee

IMO, the added footage is too grungy looking for any presentation.

I watched Run Silent Run Deep today. The story is lightweight but the pairing of Gable and Lancaster drags the score up a few pegs.

16. Michael

just got my DVD copy will check out the grunge!

17. Michael

Terri...

18. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

19. Rachael Bee

It seems like the first added bit was about an hour and thirty-five minutes in.

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

thanks! we love this movie...

21. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Northwest Passage--1940 pretty good frontier/action film starring Spencer Tracy, etc. It recounts Major Robert Rogers' 1759 raid on St. Francis, an Abenaki village, during the French and Indian War. As Rogers, Spencer Tracy gives a powerhouse performance, King Vidor delivers the directorial goods, and the storyline, itself, is very exciting. A lot of speeches by Tracy meant to rally the men he was commanding, and some homespun humor.

Lucy--Scarlett Johansson is given a drug that amps up her brain power, which reminded me of Limitless, however, this film has a different angle, part SF, part action film. I actually enjoyed it, and was going to avoid it, but thought it was worth the watch. Had some oddball surreal moments as well as Lucy's brain power gets stronger. Reminded me a bit of Dr. Manhattan's transformation in The Watchman. Pretty fun film.

Sin City 2--along the lines of the first Sin City, so if you liked that one, you'd probably enjoy the second one. More or less had the same characters.

22. Ronm1

Ronm1 Forum Resident

The extended directors cut of Sin City is one of the best discs I've ever picked up

23. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

watched a couple of Criterion BR over the weekend The Shooting and The Big Chill good stuff.
    from Netflix The Snowpiercer recommended

24. Michael

yes! the one with the book...

25. Michael

I still have to see this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.