What New Blu-ray disc have you gotten lately? (Disc 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gramfan

gramfan Forum Resident

The Peanuts Holiday Collection:tiphat:

2. No, there's a B&N store about 10 miles from where I live.

Myke likes this.
  3. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Deadwood: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]

Myke and 93curr like this.
  4. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Vengeance Is Mine (blind-buy)
    Herzog box set

Still no sign of the Tati box here. Or the director's extended cut of 'Nymphomaniac.' The former should come soon. The latter I may have to mail order from the States.

5. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Enjoying the 'commentaried' version with Steve Haberman now.

6. Yeah it's pretty food. The only issue I have is I wish that it was less a lecture of trivia and more a discussion with one or two cast members but its pretty good if a bit dry.

7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Just ordered that one today.

Myke likes this.
  8. ssmith3046

That's what I've been wondering. We NEED McCabe and Mrs. Miller on Blu-ray!

*Zod* and 93curr like this.
  9. The internet grapevine says that Criterion just got the licensing rights from Warner and plans to release it in 2015...:winkgrin:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    *Zod*, PhantomStranger and ssmith3046 like this.
  10. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Batman The Movie. Couldn't find the original DVD in my mess, so I grabbed this at Barnes and Noble. Throw in the 30% coupon - set me back less than $7 including tax.

11. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I got these at Walmart during my first break on black Friday.:
    [​IMG]

12. ssmith3046

I really hope so!

13. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

The Girl Hunters

14. Picnic At Hanging Rock

MadMelMon likes this.
  15. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

16. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I'm going ape this week....Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.

17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Damn it; it looks like I am going to have to order 'Nymphomanic' from the States - the Canadian one finally showed up in stores here and, apart from entirely different artwork, there are no English subtitles and it's only Dolby Digital audio. They clearly didn't just copy the US Magnolia disc. (I'll keep an eye out on DVDBeaver to see if they do a comparison on the visuals) Which is a nuisance and the Canadian one is $19 and Amazon are charging $35 for the US edition (almost $60 once you include shipping and import fees). This for a film where I already paid $40 for the theatrical disc.

Sometimes I just hate living in Canada. :( And that retail stores no longer import discs themselves. :(:(

18. It's selling for $12.99 if you can get to a Best Buy in the States.

19. Received the following titles from Amazon: "2014 World Series Collectors Edition" box set, "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" & "Star Trek-The Next Generation Season 7"...gonna be a busy viewing week for me!!!:winkgrin:

20. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Best Buy not being a viable option, I said "the hell with it" and spent the $60 on Amazon. I'm sure financial pain and siffering wasn't exactly what von Trier had in mind when he made this, but as long as some kind of pain and suffering (and maybe even a little misery on the side) was involved, he'd probably be pleased.

johnnyyen likes this.
  21. sarimanok

sarimanok Member

Dawn of the Planets of the Apes but was not able to watch it on my blu ray player :( Will have to lend it to my brother to see if it plays on his blu ray player LOL!

22. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

These are actually re-purchases.

Had a streak of good luck that was the Yang to a friend's Yin. My friend was battling a long illness, and just when he was told all was well, his wife had a psychotic break and tried to kidnap their daughter o_O In contrast, I had come into some money, Barnes and Noble had that Criterion 50% off sale, and a friend charged me cost on used copies of the Blancanieves and Under the Skin. I only paid full price for the Jodorowskys. I sent off a care package...only hope he gets some time to actually watch the things.

[​IMG]

23. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

I love Bava, and that's very well done. But man, that is NOT a fun movie.

24. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

[​IMG]

Picked it up very cheaply. A decent biopic with an excellent central performance, however it misses out the extensive role she played in the Resistance, which is an unforgiveable omission.

MadMelMon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.