Broadchurch

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stillrockin, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident Thread Starter

Very powerful conclusion to what has been an excellent drama. Wonder where they can take a second series?

2. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I just watched season 1 of this on Netflix. It was great! They only have season 1 so far. I do wonder where they will take the series from here. A powerful conclusion indeed!

Simon A and Coricama like this.
  3. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Watched this series just a few weeks ago. It certainly wasn't predictable and kept me guessing. I hope Netflix does get the second season.

Simon A likes this.
  4. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

We watched and enjoyed the US version.

5. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Didn't bother with the U.S. remake....what's the point?

6. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Nobody does this better than the Brits.
    My wife andI absolutely loved Broadchurch.
    Will be interesting to see what they come up with for a second series.

zobalob likes this.
  7. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

FYI - Season 2 premiered in the U.S. on BBC America yesterday (did not get the chance to see it yet).

Mr. H likes this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Looking forward to series 2. I totally missed the US remake. Didn't see the point in telling the same story in a different location so soon after the original ended.

turnersmemo likes this.
  9. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Got around to watching the last episode of season 2 last night.

I did enjoy the season although it was quite different in ways that I probably can't talk about until everyone's seen it!

The voiceover announcement at the end said something about Season 3- really interested to see what they will do for that. It'd better be something different or I'll be out. I think we've exhausted everything we currently know in the town of Broadchurch and the lives of the lead characters!

turnersmemo and SMcFarlane like this.
  10. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

What you said ... Totally agree.

11. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Didn't even know there was a US version. Who did it?

12. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Loved season 2.

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 2 was pretty terrible. I hear in the UK it was branded Boredchurch.

14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I enjoyed Season 2 ! is it as good as the first? no! but the acting and was still powerful and the conclusion was pretty interesting but it did get sidetracked by the other story!

Jarleboy and AndrewS like this.
  15. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

We thought the old-fashioned banishment was quite funny for the 21st century!

16. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

----------------------
    I didn't know that it came from a UK version. It was on Fox. It was called Gracepoint here. The same actor played the lead in both, David Tennant. A different woman played his partner in the US, Anna Gunn.

17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Ah. Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad. Interesting.

18. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

--------------------------
    We watched all the episodes and it was very interesting. We also liked The Killing, but it was slower moving. Can't wait for more Sherlock.

Coricama likes this.
  19. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

I hadn't heard of Broadchurch but when the Gracepoint thing got previewed I was interested as I liked the idea of a limited series, and also it was filmed mostly in my old stomping grounds of Victoria BC. After we finished Gracepoint we went back and watched season 1 of Broadchurch as I'd heard that the endings were different. It was quite interesting to watch a very similar story playing out with such subtle differences, especially with having the same actor in both series.

About a week ago we finished Broadchurch season 2 and I thought it was good but fizzled out a bit towards the end. I still think there's a little more life in the characters though if they can come up with a good storyline for another season.

20. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I enjoyed the first season. David Tennant was also in 'The Escape Artist' which is available either on Netflix or Amazon, one of the two. That was pretty good too.

21. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

Really liked the first season, and just finished the second. Series 2 feels kinda redundant a lot of the time, but I like the characters and feel,
    so I stuck with it. Seems like a third series (which has been given the go-ahead) will be a new case, which is welcome at this point.

22. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Is it me or are Tenant's and Coleman's accents more pronounced this season? I'm having a hard time understanding some of what they are saying. IIRC Tenant started Season 2 as soon as he was finished filming Season 1 of the U.S. version so maybe that had something to do with it?

23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, he can be difficult to understand and has had the criticism leveled at him in the UK as well, not unlike his Dr Who performance, when he gets excited and blurts out mambo-jumbo dialogue at a 100 miles an hour, hoping no one will notice the techno-gibberish explanations!

24. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Finished the second season on Netflix over the weekend--real great to revisit with these characters again. The show is still of high quality but at times felt like it was wandering into very melodramatic soap opera area. Thankfully, it never lasted too long. Found it very satisfying and definitely looking forward to the next season.

Mr. H and gkella like this.
  25. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Started watching the British version via Netflix last week, and I'm half way through season 2. Unfortunately it's getting to be a bit too close to some network TV dramas (oh look who's having an affair!), but overall the quality is good.

Anything dumber than this (sorry Good Wife fans) and it just hurts my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.