X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

No, I meant, what new X-files opening credits will look like?
    I don't think they will recycle the old one?
    Maybe the whistle?

2. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, as nutty as Crisis was, they finished the entire plotline and explained everything. So at least was a bad show with an unbelievable plot filled with many coincidences and technical stupidities, but it had a final resolution and a satisfying ending.

Encuentro likes this.
  4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I'm sure they would be doing a new opening credit sequence. The only thing I would wonder about is whether they would go the route of modern shows (e.g. very short opening credit sequences that pretty much just show the title and creator/producer), or if they would do a new sequence with the full opening song. I would guess the latter is possible due mostly to nostalgia.

Prior to this announcment, I picked up on my long and slow process of finishing the series. I had left off somewhere early in Season 8. I'm now half way through Season 9. Just watched the weird episode with Burt Reynolds playing, I guess, "God"?

Some of the Doggett/Reyes "Monster of the Week" episodes are tough to get through. I somehow previously had the impression that Gillian Anderson was pretty much gone from the show by Season 9, but half way through, she has been in pretty much every episode I think. Of course, she's sometimes a bit player only appear on screen for a few minutes. But she's there.

I could easily rip into a lot of things about the last season or two, but fans have already done that I suppose.

Glad to see Duchovny and Anderson are enthusiastic about the new series; Anderson seems kind of disinterested in these Season 9 episodes.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

6. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

I am sure Gillian Anderson would be the first to say she is NOT yet 47 years old!

7. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Glad to hear that it is coming back, in any form. I missed it and enjoyed all the movies.

Encuentro likes this.
  8. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Decided to watch the series from the beginning starting today. Watched the first four episodes of season one on dvd and hope to be done by the time the new episodes air.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I really want to do a re-watch, too, but like others, I can't help but feel like there's got to be a blu-ray release right around the corner. I don't want to re-watch now in SD and diminish the excitement of re-watching later in HD.

Encuentro likes this.
  10. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I think tonight I'm going to start doing the same myself.
    It seems a bit daunting, though, when you realize that 201 episodes = over 150 hours of viewing ahead of us! :eek:
    (A little more than that if you include the 2 movies!) :p

malcolm reynolds likes this.
  11. Mirrorblade.1

Did you know? The Episode titled The Field Where I Died?
    They cut 18 minutes out of it. That, is something I want to see.

wayne66 likes this.
  12. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Currently on Season 8.
    Kinda of hard towatch the Mulder-less episodes.

Darryl

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It was difficult to get used to, but much of the writing was still very good in my opinion. I really enjoyed Roadrunners, and the two-part season finale was very good.

14. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

After I finish all 9 seasons of The X Files, I'm gonna watch...

[​IMG]

Darryl

DesertChaos likes this.
  15. Mirrorblade.1

I am sure you are aware of the pilot Episode? of The Lone Gunmen?

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My bet is that they'd do both: the new/updated pilot would have a full-length main title, and then subsequent episodes would do the modern 10-second title & created-by/EP credit only.

August is right around the corner. My point is that actors who looked fantastic, young, and sexy 20 years ago will not live up to this image today. Time and gravity take their toll on everybody.

I just hope it's an entertaining show that fills in some of the many gaps and endless dead ends of the previous series.

17. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Some interesting tidbits. The 6 episodes will be a mix of standalone and mythology arc episodes. He's going to go back and fix that thing he has wanted to fix. I don't know what that means. William B. Davis who played the Cigarette-Smoking Man has been contacted. The mini-series won't use anything from the season 10 comic series. They're probably going to address William.

19. Mirrorblade.1

One thing somebody addressed here? They mentioned the Jump The Shark Ep.
    Where the Lone Gunmen all die . Somebody said all the coffins are the same size?
    Is this true?

20. moops

moops Senior Member

If you have any affinity to cryptozoology, UFOs, conspiracies, horror, the esoteric, or just wanted to escape with your imagination for an hour a week, this series was like XMAS.
    I like to think those involved are clever enough not to let this progress unless there's a quality product at the end of it.
    Bring it on I say !

21. Gillian was great in Hannibal.

DHamilton likes this.
  22. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

and Mazzy's great in Unchained.

Mazzy likes this.
  23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The X-Files: Season 10 comics are considered canon, and it was revealed in those comics that the Lone Gunmen faked their deaths.

"In the comic book adaptation of the series The X-Files Season 10—which takes place after the events of The X-Files: I Want to Believe—it is revealed that the Lone Gunmen are alive and well, having faked their deaths during the events of "Jump the Shark". The group was aided by the FBI and have since been working underground, aiding the US government; for instance, Langly mentions that he was responsible for the Stuxnet virus in 2010."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_Shark_(The_X-Files)

24. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

What are you referring to?
    I am currently starting Season 9.
    It's going to be rough watching without Mulder.
    Only got up to season 5 originally.

Darryl

25. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I think I know what he's referring to, but assuming that you haven't seen the pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen, I don't want to spill the beans. It's kind of...weird. However, you could watch the pilot episode as it was broadcast and takes place before season 9 I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.