Humans - New Show on AMC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

With one more episode to air in the UK for season 1, the latest news is that Humans has been picked up for season 2 due positive viewer reception on both sides of the pond. Yay!

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

A great show for lovers of the fiction of Philip K. Dick (even though there's no real direct connection that I can tell).

3. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

We've got 2 more episodes for season 1 here in the US. This is just a really good show. Some heady/heavy themes and great performances.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yep, and what's even better is that it doesn't fizzle out at the end - it ends on a strong note.

MikeInFla and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  5. Bobby Buckshot

Good news! Honestly this is the best show I've watched in a long time.

MikeInFla and Deesky like this.
  6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Agreed. I had similar high hopes for Extant in the first season because it actually felt like they were making an authentic effort to portray what a realistic AI would be like, from the research to social acceptance to the nature of self, etc, but then it started to go a little off the rails with the alien element and after I saw what they did with it in season 2, it was too much and I dropped it! So, Humans it is!

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Just jumped on this show a few days ago and watched all six episodes. Excellent so far! I didn't see the detective being a synth prior to the episode it was revealed, though her behavior in that episode did seem to suggest it before they revealed it for sure at the end. The guy I've kept expecting to turn out to be a synth is the bearded man hunting the five.

I soooo want a Nischka synth! And despite everything in the show, I would love a synth to do my housework and cooking.

8. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I'm glad this wasn't like I Dream Of Jeannie or Gilligan's Island where all of our fantasies remain unconsummated.

9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Still loving this show. Excellent! Is that a turntable in the background? :righton:

[​IMG]

10. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Very good show this past Sunday. It almost seemed like the final episode. But there is one more to go for this season.

11. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I thought it was pretty sexy when Mia said to the father, regarding lovemaking, "When we finished..."

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Final episode of the season tonight

13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Good show, I enjoyed the finale. I know this is going to sound stupid or crazy but I would be OK if the series stopped right now. Very strong ending and so open ended that anything is possible.

Bobby Buckshot and Deesky like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I agree and know exactly what you mean. On the one hand, having a strong season with so many possibilities wide open seems like a perfect reason to continue and to explore those possibilities. On the other hand, there is always the danger that they won't be able to follow it up with an equally compelling second season (as recent examples like Orphan Black, True Detective and even Extant have demonstrated). Still, I hope they can pull it off.

15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I love how this series played it safe with simple effects and a restrained scientific element to the show, allowing the focus to be on the "human" element. I have a good feeling it will come back with a strong second season.

This series made me select a few Philip K. Dick novels to re-read again.

16. Bobby Buckshot

Good season, although I'd say they ended at just the right time - give the writers a chance to plan how this is going to proceed. I enjoyed all of the episodes but the first few were the best and built the most tension, while the later episodes began to be a bit predictable and tidy. Looking forward to next season for sure.

17. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

It was good but not great but I did quite enjoy it.

18. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I was disappointed with the finale. It seemed really rushed with the capture, near destruction, escape, "reboot" of Max, etc. A whole bunch of stuff happened and it didn't have the development and focus of the previous episodes. It leaves me concerned about where this could be going for season 2.

19. Bobby Buckshot

I agree to an extent. It's an enjoyable show but I'll share those concerns for season 2. I called it "tidy," b/c everything went down just a little too easy.

etzeppy likes this.
  20. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

"Tidy" might be kind. What is the plural of "duex ex machine"?

21. Bobby Buckshot

Was trying to stay on the Britiish theme with 'tidy' :)

etzeppy likes this.
  22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Humans series 2 is set to go into production this year. Looks like everyone will be back except William Hurt's character Dr George Millican (a pity, but understandable given his fate at the end of series 1). Looking forward to it.

Scope J likes this.
  23. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I did enjoy the series, though probably less so as it progressed. Not sure if I'll bother with series two.

24. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I read a thread at IMDB going over how the US versions of these episodes were cut shorter by about 3 minutes each. Not edited for content, just cut a few minutes shorter to put in extra commercials. It would be interesting to see what was cut and how much of a difference it makes.

Here's the thread if anyone wants to check it out.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4122068/board/nest/246614679

25. Bobby Buckshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.