Stealers Wheel audiophile LPs coming out!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bhazen, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB Thread Starter

I'm a CD fella meself, with a fairly high-end rig. But: there are lots here who crave SACD, so I'd say a dual-layer CD/SACD release would get a fair bit of custom in a heartbeat! (I have a universal player too.)

IR Shane, zobalob and supermd like this.
  2. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

In my opinion 'Can I Have My Money Back' is Gerry's best LP. I have the Blue Thumb LP with TML- mastering.

IR Shane likes this.
  3. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

Another vote for Hybrid CD/SACD. I'd gladly rebuy anything of Gerry's from The Humblebums to City to City. I'm considering buying the 2 vinyl reissues just in case I ever buy a good turntable. I'm also a fan of the Right or Wrong LP.

IR Shane likes this.
  4. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I would love to have the 45 version of "Everyone's Agreed" rather than the LP version. It's been impossible for me to find.
    I still have my worn out 45.

5. varitone

varitone Forum Resident

I'd buy CD quality FLAC downloads of these two, Right Or Wrong, Can I Have My Money Back & Humblebums tracks.

6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I
    THANK YOU all for the support, smart questions and good answers back to mine. I am going to look into the possibility of hybrid SACD/CDs for these.

Simon A, Dok, arob71 and 3 others like this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

In the wake of Gerry Rafferty's "overnight" success with City to City, the following three reissues were rushed out in the US, and should be pretty easy to find:

[​IMG]
    Can I Have My Money Back, originally on Blue Thumb, reissued on ABC

[​IMG]
    A compilation of all the Gerry Rafferty tracks from the Humblebums albums. The Humblebums albums were on Liberty in the US. This compilation was on Visa Records, an imprint of JEM.

[​IMG]
    A Steelers Wheel compilation on A&M Records.

bibijeebies and bhazen like this.
  8. bhazen

Do that, and I shall nominate you for the Nobel Prize for Album Reissues.

(That's a thing, right?)

Simon A likes this.
  9. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

That US Humblebums compilation has an ugly cover. Great songs in abundance... I like the UK cover much better:[​IMG]

10. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

I like Kevin's work but...$71 on Amazon.ca and 52 pounds on Amazon.uk! :shake:
    What justification is there for that price??
    I'll pass and look for an original.

11. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Very good to see these two vinyl reissues. I shall definitely buy FP, not least for the wonderful John Byrne artwork (hope this is top quality to match top dollar price!)

bhazen likes this.
  12. bhazen

As anyone who sees my current 'avatar' might surmise, the Patrick cover art is a big part of the deal for me.

Simon A, IR Shane and zobalob like this.
  13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Those prices are NOT correct! Retail is US $35. Period. Please check with one of my authorized retailers- Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc or SoundstageDirect!

I am currently fighting this out with Amazon. I do not know who posted those entries, but I did NOT agree to sell directly to Amazon and it appears that someone is planning on buying at retail and uncharging unsuspecting customers.

I've been on emails and calls for two weeks and am now trying to get Amazon's copyright infringement team to take action.

Simon A likes this.
  14. daleyguy

daleyguy Forum Resident

Great news, although I would love to have these on an optical format. The 2004 cd releases put out by Lemon are very compressed unfortunately.

IR Shane likes this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Again, to be crystal clear the retail for these LPs is $35. If you look at my Facebook page, you can see some
    As I've posted, I'm actively pursuing permissions to do this. If it happens, I'll post it here and you'll be the first to know!

Simon A, Dave, Tullman and 4 others like this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Sorry, meant to post these earlier. My cover and an original UK. The colors are as close as we could humanly make them, and trying to take into account that the original has 40 years of fading. Our stock is heavier, and it has thick film lamination that will keep it looking this beautiful for decades, not just aqueous gloss or UV coating. All my LPs will be at these specs and level of detail.

https://www.facebook.com/Interventi...2923937247388/462923760580739/?type=1&theater

Simon A, zongo, arob71 and 2 others like this.
  17. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Thanks! Very impressive. Also glad to hear that the Amazon prices are incorrect. Will these albums actually be available from Amazon? Should we cancel pre-orders already placed?

18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I hope to be able to offer them for sale on Amazon at the correct retail price. You definitely should not pay these inflated prices. To put the issue there as succinctly as I can, distributors are buying from retailers and trying to upsell to make a profit at the consumer's expense.

In the meantime, pre-orders are also being taken at ElusiveDisc.com, MusicDirect.com, AcousticSounds.com and SoundstageDirect.com.

They're all great retailers who will charge you the correct retail price and get the product to you in fine shape. I cannot recommend my authorized retailers highly enough.

19. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Still no movement on those Amazon prices. If/when they come down, I'll order them, but not at those ridiculous prices!

20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I know. Amazon is stonewalling me and I am leery of engaging them legally.

can you order from any of my other online dealers?

21. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Thanks. Are all the dealers you note US based?

22. Hybrid SACD/CD

Simon A, IR Shane and zongo like this.
  23. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

This x1000. It should be a bonus track on Ferguslie Park!

MisterPleasant, Jamey K and bhazen like this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I promise, I am efforting this.

25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yes, they are US based but they do ship internationally. I know overseas shipping is not cheap. On Amazon, wow is it difficult to get things done! I have successfully created listings for my titles but am having trouble putting them up for pre-order. It seems only direct vendors, not third-party sellers can do this. At least with any degree of ease. I am confident that once finished product is available I'll be able to successfully sell on Amazon. I will keep you updated here.

In the meantime, if any of you are at RMAF 2015, drop in on suite 9026 and I'll play you some tracks! I have all my TPs there, and a finished jacket for Stealers Wheel!

bhazen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.