Now Fargo is over (season 2) what other shows to watch?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Murphy13, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy13

Murphy13 Forum Resident Thread Starter

We watch a show every evening thru Netflix, Apple Tv apps. Never in real time.

Currently watching NCIS, Blacklist and Homeland. Waiting for X files and House of cards in early 2016. What other shows would be worth binge watching that are intelligent and well acted?

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Manhattan.

proedros likes this.
  3. Childhood's End is where I'm going.

4. Lonson

Luther is back . . .;)

ubiknik likes this.
  5. Lonson

I don't know if HBO shows are available for you but I just watched the first season of The Leftovers and think it's one of the best seasons of television in the past few years. I'm moving on to Season 2, but man Season 1 was just such thought-provoking and compelling TV.

supermd and agentalbert like this.
  6. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Seasons one and two of "The Americans" are available on Amazon Prime. Season three should be available sometime before the premiere of season four, which is set for early March '16.

7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I'll second "Manhattan", The Americans" and "The Leftovers", all fiercely intelligent shows.

If you never saw the FX Show "Justified" I would definitely check it out, one of my all time favorites. It completed it's run and would make excellent binge TV. I'm not sure if it's available for streaming right now but have seen the complete series DVD box.

I also liked Showtime's "The Affair" which just finished it's second excellent season.

An outstanding anthology series from the UK is "Black Mirror". Each standalone episode takes place in a near future where technology and or the culture have created some very freakish twists on society; can't recommend it highly enough. It's done so well that Netfilx itself is financing an additional season.

8. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

[​IMG] LUTHER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Been curious about this one.

10. Lonson

I really like Season 1. . . it started off slowly but wove an intriguing web, and the production value and the depiction of "time and place" was very good. I've heard that Season 2 is not quite as good, I have that recorded on the DVR (standard def) and may wait til the disc set comes out to watch it . . . .

11. Geithals

Geithals Forum Resident

Mychkine likes this.
  12. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Last night watched the finale of Flesh & Bone on Starz, outstanding!
    Kingdom (NOT the one based on the middle east, which isn't bad either!) on the Audience network, great show!
    Ray Donovan (Shotime) and Orphan Black (BBCA) are positively addictive and worth owning on DVD.
    ...But I'lltellyawhat, HBO marathoned Game Of Thrones this weekend (but all the seasons are available on HBOGO). I watched the last 2 episodes of s.1, and wound up going to On Demand and watching the 1st few episodes of the 2nd season! Talk about addictive!;)

13. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Nothing...take a break.

14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Captain Groovy likes this.
  15. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Michael Stuhlbarg. **** yes. I was so thrilled to see that last night in my FB feed. One of my favorite and versatile actors working today (Coen's A Serious Man, Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire..). Cannot wait til April 19.

The wife and I rewatched season 1 several months ago and we will rewatch Season 2 starting April 1. We're very serious about our Fargo.

Jeff

16. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

As we all are.

rburly likes this.
  17. Anyone catch the reference to "Better Call Saul" in the premiere episode of season three?

18. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Nope. Tell me! Tell me!

19. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Ehrmantraut?

20. Maccaroni

Maccaroni Forum Resident

Looking to British stuff when you're "between seasons" can be very rewarding: the good stuff is very good, and they are generally 6-8 episode seasons, often lasting no longer than 2 or 3 seasons.

Along these lines I'd recommend The Night Manager, Broadchurch and The Fall.

If you're feeling especially adventurous go French with The Returned - superb stuff (especially for an X-Files fan).

21. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

The Night Manager
    Narcos

22. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Nothing...take another break!

supermd likes this.
  23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.