The Hogan Family (The Valerie Harper sitcom)- why no syndication or DVD release?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Actually, a Centric poll recently conduced showed that a majority want it back.

Not making any commentary on the Bill Cosby case; I'm just stating the facts.

2. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

The first few seasons of The Cosby Show were really good.

zebop likes this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I like most of the series- it isn't until the last... maybe two or three seasons that it got kind of bad.

4. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

And then I don't know if it was bad or just the introduction of so many other characters to make up for the growing up of the original kids. I get kids grow and family grows, but Olivia was just one kid that did not work for me. And the twin grandbabies? Oooff ... I did not like them added.

5. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Well...they brought back 7th Heaven with Stephen Collins after a very short time of it being banned for a month or two from syndication.

6. PaulKTF

chilinvilin and sparkydog like this.
  7. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

And now a short timeout to admire the principle thread subject -- in her prime one of the most beautiful women I ever laid eyes on...

[​IMG]

zebop and Bobby Morrow like this.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I remember when Edie McClurg (Mrs. Poole) was on the Pyramid game show, and the question was name something that you cancel, and she said The Hogan Family. The whole show cracked up. I will never forget that.

chilinvilin, MMM, MikeInFla and 2 others like this.
  9. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

And to think on "Mary Tyler Moore" she was portrayed as the fat, frumpy one.

zebop, chilinvilin and somnar like this.
  10. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I forgot this show existed. I remember watching it as a kid but do not recall one episode.

11. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

The kids get into trouble and hilarity ensues.

The Panda, Benno123 and eric777 like this.
  12. Alec Sabin

Alec Sabin New Member

I'm pleased to let you all know that Valerie's Family aka The Hogan Family can be watched on daily motion where they have every episode.

Valerie (The Hogan Family)

13. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

I watched this show a good bit as a kid, but haven't seen it since. I don't really recall it being in syndication.

14. PaulKTF

Yeah, any time it's been in local or national syndication it hasn't done very well and gets pulled pretty quickly in favor of something else. We'll see if it lasts on Antenna TV when it launches there later this year.

15. AKA

AKA Senior Member

It wasn't in local syndication in my market, but KSTW in Tacoma (which we received via cable in those days) carried it. It was later shown briefly on whatever Pax was calling itself at the time, and later still on ABC Family to capitalize on Jason Bateman's resurgence in popularity.

16. Daily Nightly

Daily Nightly Well-Known Member

Wasn't ALF its lead-in?

17. PaulKTF

Yes. :)

18. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Then it moved to CBS for one final season after ALF was canceled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.