Is anyone watching the new TV show LUCIFER?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Interesting premise. I didn't expect it to last more than an episode or two. I think it's more of a dark comedy. I was surprised to see that no one had started a thread about this new show. Am I the only one watching it?

2. white wolf

Not a single answer. I would have thought that "someone" would have made a comment.

3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I'm watching it. I don''t think the show will make it, but it's ok for light entertainment. Had to miss this week's espisode due to higher priority shows to trap.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The first couple episodes were mildly entertaining, though I think I enjoyed the "spot the Los Angeles location..." more than the show itself. I was actually at the 6th street bridge taking pictures the day they were shooting the pilot episode for this show, cussing silently because they were blocking my access to the underside of the bridge.

If it gets renewed for another season I'll invest more time with the current one. I don't waste effort on broadcast shows any longer until they get picked up for additional seasons.

5. I like it. Very funny in a low-key way.

6. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I like it too. It is on between The X-Files and Castle on Mondays which is why I watch it. Not sure if I will continue once the X-Files ends though since it is on FOX and will eventually get moved to Friday and then cancelled.

7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

'Salright.

8. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I watched the first two episodes. Seems like a spin on the"Sleepy Hollow" formula.
    My wife likes it. I guess she thinks the lead actor is attractive. Me, I've already lost interest.
    I don't watch many of these network series shows, although I really like "Gotham", and am glad that it is coming back on in a couple of weeks.

9. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Nah. Then again I didn't watch Touched By An Angel either...

10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Lucifer is way cooler (both as a TV show and an imaginary character).

11. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

It's OK. I watch it only because it's about the only decent thing on during that time slot.

I stopped recording it because I realized I didn't care if I missed an episode.

12. white wolf

I see it on Hulu. I watched it initially because I was curious of where they would go with the story.

13. Lonson

I thought "Rush" was a better vehicle for the lead, but it was a "one and done."

14. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It's not bad:cheers:

15. stricee

stricee Forum Resident

I love it.....and the songs too

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I like any single episode in a light entertainment way.

But I find that each episode is more of the same, and I don't feel compelled to watch the next episode...

17. Lonson

I feel the same way. . .and I stopped recording it.

18. AJH

AJH Senior Member

The show had potential, but they basically keep doing the same story over and over so I have lost interest in it..

Humbuster likes this.
  19. skinnyev

skinnyev Forum Resident

This show is loosely based on a great comic book of the same name, but the show seems to be suffering from the same problem that Constantine suffered from, it's a light version of the original and lacks the edge that made it good to begin with. I'll stick with it though, hopefully it will come in to form, because it's a really great story.

20. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

I like the show but it makes me kind of uptight sometimes.

21. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

I've watched it since it began (fyi: I'm also a regular viewer of The Outer Limits, Supernatural and X-Files). As many people on reddit.com mention, I wish it didn't use a police procedural format, a format I'm personally not really a fan of. Otherwise, as others here have mentioned, it's enjoyable light entertainment. And I think Tom Ellis, who plays Lucifer, does an excellent job with his roll & regularly causes me to laugh out loud.

Unfortunately, I think if they don't get a little "braver" with the Lucifer-on-earth story & stick solely with the police-show-with-Lucifer-as-consultant format, I also think it will soon be canceled. :( The show has lots of potential but so far, imo it is not being utilized very well.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  22. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I think Lucifer himself was the only draw and that joke wore off quickly, smarmy wears thin quickly

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Lucifer (the character) is amusing. I think Rachael Harris is fun in her part. And it's good seeing Lesley Ann-Brandt (the original Naevia on Spartaus) back on TV, but once I realized it was just another procedural with a twist, I stopped really caring. This is just another variation on the same thing you see with Castle, Elementary, The Mentalist, Sleepy Hollow, etc.

24. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I got so I hated the guy on Sleepy Hollow every time he name dropped another historical figure that he met LOL

25. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Agreed. Some of the one liners are very good, however the show has become just another stupid cop show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.