What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Phantom Menace comes to mind.

Btw, I'm thinking bad as "I don't care to watch that again" bad versus "so bad that it's good" bad.

Complier likes this.
  2. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

3. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

That I saw in a theater - worst in relation to my expectations - Dune. (my expectations were very high and it was horrible)
    Runner up - Sgt Peppers LHCB (it was worse than Dune but my expectations were not as high)

Hutch and beatlematt like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that sounds great only if the movie was filmed in a different way, but that was not the intention...IMO the movie would have gained from a steady pic...it was a good story.

thxdave and rebellovw like this.
  5. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

Maybe you should come up with a good script. :)

6. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

many movies suck, but two came to mind as I scrolled down this thread, both from Michael Cimino. The Deer Hunter & Heaven's Gate. When DH came out I was like 16 or 17, I thought it was some really profound movie. Seeing it again over the years I thought it was just pretentious, riddled with overacting and containing many factual errors. The whole Russian Roulette stuff is just bull squat. I like Deniro (this is this), but John Cazale was probably the best thing about that film.
    Heaven's Gate was three hours of numbness. Unbelievably boring opening set at Harvard College, then it jumps to 1890s Montana. Just bad bad bad...

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Take a bow, Dudley:agree:

8. drgn95

drgn95 Under the Wire

Though a bit of a cult classic, for me "Eraserhead" is one of the worst movies I've watched.

wayneklein likes this.
  9. My wife enjoyed it but it struck as self important and full of itself but not incredibly bad. I can think of much much films.

10. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I have seen more movies I hated then loved. My wife gets mad at me sometimes because of how critical I can be on films especially newer ones. Here is a few that I despise.

Lord Of The Rings trilogy. The number one thing that will cause me to hate a movie is when I don't care about the characters. Even in B-rated horror films I can at least be amused by the characters. I just couldn't get into these characters no matter how hard I tried. The story felt forced at times while at other times felt like it had too much breathing room.

A Serbian Film. Not only did I not care about the characters but also the plot seemed as if all the film maker wanted to do was show extreme violence. It was so extreme, that half way through I just went numb. Why I kept watching I will never know.

Most comedy's made from the late 90s till present day. They are just not funny. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of them that were not funny before that ;however, they just kept getting worse.

50 Shades Of Gray. This is one of those films that I hate because they simply aggravate me. I never read the book (my wife did and she said it was worse) so I am only going by it as a film. The story for one thing gave me a feeling like they were trying to make Pretty Woman into an S&M film. The characters were good actors ;however, the direction given seemed spastic. At times I could really buy that they were falling in love only to instantly shift to no chemistry at all. Not to mention that these risky little sex scenes everyone went on about seemed way to hollywood. Nothing risky about them. I wanted to love this film but instead I felt ripped off. There was so much more they could have done. The Secretary with James Spader approached this type of film so much better and is one of my all time favorites.

11. eric777

My wife is an ABBA fan so I'm forced to watch this tragedy from time to time.

12. I made it about halfway though that, and have regretted it ever since. (Regretted what I saw, not what I didn't see.)

eric777 likes this.
  13. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

I don't include any Ed Wood, Andy Milligan or the like. It's a multimillion dollar film with hundreds of crew that crashes and burns that is more terrible.

14. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Just saw Sgt. Peppers last week. Ugh. I'd gladly sit through a dozen Bert I. Gordon movies before ever watching that again.

15. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

After Last Season.
    Objectively it has to be the worst film I've sat through.

That "MRI Machine" that looks like it was made for a 1st grade play 19 seconds in is hilarious though.

16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Since mentioning Death Proof in the first thread I have seen several more movies and my answer is still Death Proof.

eric777 likes this.
  17. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I get you didn't like it, I know lots that think it's over rated, but the worst movie you've ever seen? I'm scared to know what movies you do like.

18. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I saw that Blair witch sequel the first day it came out. Wow that was really terrible.

19. eric777

Your better off, trust me. If you made it midway through then I'm sure you got to the very nasty scene that I refuse to describe. Once I saw this "scene" I kind of zoned out. It wasn't until the ending scenes that I discovered how much worse it could get. I believe in freedom of speech and I do not like censorship; however, I would still recommend that no one watch this.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  20. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

The Wolf of Wall Street

21. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I figure "The Shadow" has got to be in there.

22. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Armageddon
    Independence Day

The two movies are so full of bad science and WTF plot holes, it was impossible to suspend disbelief for even a second.

These two films were the final nails in the coffin for whatever interest I still had for "summer blockbuster" types of movies.

And if there is anything more cringe-worthy than the President's "rousing" speech before the big battle in Independence Day, I've yet to see it.

Aerosmith's involvement with Armageddon also kind of ruined their status as a hard rock band in my mind. I would later buy their album "Just Push Play" out of habit, but the damage was done. I've yet to buy anything by them since JPP in 2001.

23. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I remember all the hype surrounding The Blair Witch Project, Paying 10 bucks to see it opening weekend and literally screaming at the screen as the credits
    rolled "I want my money back". So my vote goes to Blair.

Prophetzong and Mark E. Moon like this.
  24. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

IMO: Mackenna's Gold was one of the worst. For some reason it just didn't work for me.
    Most ratings place it above average although NY Times described it as "a Western of stunning absurdity".
    Gregory Peck, Omar Sharif, Telly Savalas, Keenan Wynn, Julie Newmar, Raymond Massey,
    Burgess Meredith, Edward G. Robinson, Lee J. Cobb and Eli Wallach could not save this stinker.

25. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
    Due Date
    Tropic Thunder

These 3 come quickly to mind since I was pretty much forced to see them with relatives who thought they were good.

Any movie with Will Farrell, Adam Sandler, Zack Galifianakis, or Seth Hogan (except 40 Year Old Virgin) in it. I really don't get why people think these guys are funny.

EProphet and geo50000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.