Record Store Day 2016 Release Information RSD16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rkellner, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Come to think of it, not that much "support" if buying an item somebody else would no doubt scarf up. Well, maybe the thought counts for something.

2. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Type in LP15 to get your discount. Ordered Bowie's 1. Outside repressing and Stealers Wheel - Ferguslie Park reissue.

3. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Shop opened at 8am, I strolled in at 11, got the main one I was after, Tom Petty - Kiss My Amps Vol 2. Also picked up Iggy Pop - Fire Engine and The Shaggs 7".

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

NC usually has a used cd/dvd sale of some sorts, even if it isn't advertised (e.g. buy 2 get 1 free or something).

5. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Just looking up The Shaggs for info and saw on the search it's already on eBay, checked my others and they are too, sheesh...

6. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

First time I've properly participated in RSD (first time there's been a participating shop close enough to go for opening). Was lined up outside Assai in Broughty Ferry (Dundee) at about 07:40. My pal was ahead and about 12th in the queue so I'd have been about 30th. Got in by half 8, got everything I wanted plus extra. Reasonably busy, very good natured and calm, plenty of stock - hope they've not overbought!

Picked up:
    Jason Molina - The Townes Van Zandt Covers 7" (my main target)
    Matthew E White - Cool Out 7"
    Cavern of Anti-Matter - Void Versions 12"
    The Go! Team - Thunder Lightning Strike LP (a target)
    Kings of Convenience - Quiet is the New Loud LP (a target, could have got all four easily)
    Dirty Three - Sad & Dangerous Mysterious & Exciting LP (on a whim. not a cheap whim!)

I'm happier than my bank balance is right now!

Gardo likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks. I am in the USA. Once I find a copy of the Idle Race LP, I will relate back.

8. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

Just got in line. Store opens in 50 mins. I'm number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine.

Gardo and Stone Turntable like this.
  9. BobGilly

BobGilly Active Member

last count 332 in line, more females then ever before , nearly 1/2 , most females here for the Bieber , glad he is holding me a Monkees box, as they will never make it thru the line , the store owner is NOT selling the Monkees Box to Fan Club girl , they had a falling out about price (he said she was brutal to deal with). Which will work out ok for the store owner, as many people in line want it

hi_watt likes this.
  10. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Thank you - please do.
    In the next 2 hours!!!

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I won't be in line today. So I need to wait until next week. I might have to do some hunting. But I easily found the Idle Race's Birthday Party LP about 2 weeks after the RSD when it was released 2 years ago. If it worked back then, hopefully it will work this time around too.

tank64 likes this.
  12. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Thanks!

13. bluej

bluej Senior Member

Got the Monkees box, which was the main thing I was looking for—looks like a great set! I also got the "Get Me Home For Tea" British psych comp and the Flaming Lips "Lightning Strikes the Postman" CD. All in all a good RSD!

Simon

14. Silver Platters Seattle 6:15 am 46 degrees. Fourth in line. The woman in pink is here for Hello Kitty.

[​IMG]

500Homeruns, Parkertown, APH and 8 others like this.
  15. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Got everything on my list:
    Dylan
    Petty
    Lucinda
    Rich Robinson
    New Barbarians
    Son Volt
    Ravi Shankar(though I'll probably sell that on the Classifieds)

There were a lot of hipsters going for bands I've never heard of, and the White Stripes, though none was at Bull Moose.

Vinyl_Blues, hi_watt and Erik B. like this.
  16. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

Got everything I wanted--all three Bowies, live Public Image Ltd., and Madonna (the last for my daughter, I'll have you know).

Terrific experience overall. The store had a single-file-line, one-copy policy. Which was good, because I'm pretty sure the guy ahead of me was visiting eBay next. He bought an enormous pile and couldn't pronounce half the band names.

The store was having bands all day, but festivities didn't start til 11 a.m. I may be napping at that point (my alarm went off at 3:30...).

17. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

Dylan, Conflict, Joe Strummer, Big Star, Pere Ubu.

Sorted.

APH, Jim B. and krlpuretone like this.
  18. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

What do you have your eye on this year Jeff?

19. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

What is the Conflict release?

20. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Wow, you're local! Nice. It was sad to see VHQ leave, but there could have been worse things to replace it with than a Bull Moose. But I spend too much money in that store on a regular basis, the LAST thing I need to do is buy collector's items. Lol

21. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

If anyone finds the Lush Vinyl box and wants to pick up a 2nd one for this sad forum member who can't make it out to RSD this year I'd appreciate it! :righton:

22. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

I got the only 2 things I wanted at Bull Moose: The Animals 10" and Graham Nash "This Path Tonight" RSD exclusive version. Looking forward to getting it signed by Mr. Nash this afternoon at a different Bull Moose!

23. keep667

keep667 Senior Member

Got what I wanted and some bonus Zappa
    [​IMG]

rich100, Tanx and c-eling like this.
  24. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Only thing I have my eye on was The Remains-s/t MONO, but I see that the deluxe edition is still available. Maybe I'll wait.......

troggy likes this.
  25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Picked up Fleetwood Mac's Alternate Tusk and the Jimmy Page and Hawkwind 7"s at Phonica and Sounds of the Universe, then waited 1hr and 20 mins outside Sister Ray to get the Traffic LP and the last one was sold literally two people before me...

Nobody had the Michael Chapman LP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.