Record Store Day 2016 Release Information RSD16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rkellner, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

That movie where he's an alcoholic living on his lawn with all his stuff has a very nicely curated soundtrack. (Of course, one of the plot points is that his Dad was a DJ and cultivated his eclecticism.) I could shop to that.

2. anodyne

anodyne Forum Resident

Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but the Emmylou Harris was cut by Chris Bellman, pressed at Record Industry, Netherlands.

3. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I wandered over to our local Movie Trading Co. to see what they had left. I snagged a copy of the Hendrix and the Star Wars 10" (my son was with me and wanted it).

4. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate

Meh. Nothing new on the Elvis. I thought I read it was gonna to be undubbed masters. It is not.

hi_watt likes this.
  5. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

The only LP's that I was interested in that were new to RSD were the Under The Covers LP's by Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet....but at $45 each I passed. I'll wait till they sit in the bin for a while and get discounted.

6. Yvan_T

Yvan_T Forum Resident

My local music store in Gent, Belgium had several copies of James Brown, one of them found a new home in my record collection...
    It depends on where they put their orders. This shop orders all over the place, so they get plenty of US stuff.

7. Yep, I snagged a copy. Ironically enough, the one shop I visited that got it was the shop that has very vocally criticized RSD this year.

krlpuretone likes this.
  8. Mike Halcomb

Mike Halcomb Member

I drove all over Oklahoma City and suburbs looking for The White Stripes Peel Sessions to no luck. A couple of them said it wasn't even in their system.

The day wasn't a complete bust, though. I picked up the Dylan Japanese single, the Star Wars picture disc to hang on the wall of my nerd decorated listening room, and the Johnny Cash Blue Train compilation. Also picked up a couple of non-RSD titles that were really good sale prices.

9. copter76

copter76 Forum Resident

what was the price of the james brown revue? anyone in europe got it?

10. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Does the Tom Petty Kiss My Amps II come with a download card?

11. I got it haven't listened yet. I guess its boot-like but I go with anything kinks

Embracetheday likes this.
  12. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I'm a bit late on all these releases for RSD today. Just noticed there's a blue vinyl 7" release of The Fall Bingo Master's Breakout debut single. I have the original black vinyl of this, not that its worth anything but for some reason i'm happy the new version is on coloured vinyl so mine is definitely remains an original.

13. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

that's a great point. i was thinking along the same lines after i posted lol wondering how many units were pressed in regards to certain reissues i have been able to pickup recently, some of which date back to 2007 even …..

yes i am very curious about the mastering as well. nonesuch has playable tracklist on their site … before finding them, i was first thinking, meh, whatever, but after listening to the alternate tracks ….. i really want this. lol

14. shiverbones

shiverbones Forum Resident

Didn't find anything I was after, bummed about skeleton dance. Ended up with the coltrane 10", dizzy the champ, shaggs and bowie 1966 .

The true find was a used 1st us iggy and the stooges raw power for $8

krlpuretone likes this.
  15. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

NOT ADVERTISING: death to flippers! If you want a copy of THE WHITE STRIPES JOHN PEEL RED/WHITE color vinyl $26.95, here is a link:

Siren Disc.com Catalog Search »

Good luck, just trying to help those who are frustrated with flippers. :wave:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  16. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

oooh. thanks!

17. Yvan_T

Yvan_T Forum Resident

The store I visited in Gent, Belgium had several copies. Got me one for 40 EUR.

18. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ?

Well I never did find one of the Monkee Logo Singles. My Minds Eye in Lakewood HAD a lot of stuff early, but the Monkees were gone.

19. megopop09

megopop09 Forum Resident

No. It would have been nice but unfortunatly not.

dadonred likes this.
  20. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Ordered! Wow. Thanks!

21. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I went to Scotti's this afternoon around 2 pm after I was done with work and I picked up the Cheap Trick Found All New Parts EP. That was really all I wanted and I didn't wanna drop a lot of money so I kept it short and sweet. There was still a lot of people in there when I went in.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  22. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

No problem. I hate vinyl flippers on EBay -- they ruin RSD for people who actually like vinyl. :wave:

dadonred likes this.
  23. copter76

copter76 Forum Resident

Yvan, What was the price?

24. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Arrived at my local Bullmoose (one of the smallest ones) at 7:15 and was 5th in line for an 8am opening. Had my two RSD albums, Emmylou's and Lucinda's and was out by 8:05. Then on to another location to pickup the new Sturgill Simpson LP on blue vinyl with poster and CD. Also bought 6 minty used records from the great used record stores in Portland.

JeffMo and yellowballoon like this.
  25. copter76

copter76 Forum Resident

Yvan, The record store was music mania?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.