Monkees Record Store Day exclusives 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JDistheone, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

They do sound that good

2. yellowballoon

Album by Album
    Original More of The Monkees on mono packs some punch. Headquarters sounds fuller in mono, not so delicate.

3. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I only have originals of the first two in mono. Never heard the stereo mixes.

4. BenB5150

BenB5150 Forum Resident

Yes, "The Girl I Left Behind Me" is on the CD version of this box set. I double checked last night.

Ben

MarkTheShark likes this.
  5. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

There was an issue a couple years back with The Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Goldmine Record Store Day release that Rhino put out. One of the two albums had numerous issues with skipping on a lot of the pressings. All one had to do, myself included, was contact Dr.Rhino at the Rhino website, send them aphoto of the album with a copy of the receipt proving purchase, and they would send a replacement disc out. The fixed album got shipped to you in a plain white album jacket, and you did not have to send the original back. Granted, there was a slight wait while they pressed up corrected copies to ship out, but that was about it. I see this going the same route.

bmanley63 likes this.
  6. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

So the US vinyl is colored? which color?

7. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Multiple colors. Each album is a different one.

8. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

The Instant Replay sure is purty! If they send replacements, I hope they can duplicate the color.

9. David P. Hill

Could someone that's listen to all the albums post a short summary of sound and quality of each album? Are these all stereo or mono on each lp? These would be really helpful and interesting! Are these numbered? Where are they located?

10. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

The Monkees = Translucent Gold
    More Of The Monkees = Opaque Green
    Headquarters = White
    Pieces, Capricorn, Aquarious & Jones = Opaque Yellow/Orange
    Birds The Bees And The Monkees = Marbled Grey
    Head = Translucent Clear
    Instant Replay = Translucent Green
    Present = Translucent Red
    Changes = Translucent Blue
    Bouns Disc = Purple

At least that's what the pictures I saw of them posted look like. Someone feel free to correct me if you actually own them. Wanted to get this set, myself, but just couldn't afford it currently.

David P. Hill likes this.
  11. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

did MD do any appearances for RSD? I saw him twice yesterday in LA cruising around.

12. David P. Hill

It wouldn't surprise me if they send replacements, they will be black vinyl. Would they replace the missing song track or not?

13. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

W
    What would be the point of a replacement w/o the missing track?

14. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

With the Doors album I mentioned in a prior post, the replacement disc was in the original Amber colored vinyl that was part of it being a RSD exclusive. I don't see why this would be any different. It doesn't cost Rhino any extra to press the album on colored vinyl, especially when they are doing them in bulk. The colored vinyl just gives them a more unique edge, but not a more expensive one. Time will be the only factor in getting replacements sent out.

rswitzer likes this.
  15. yellowballoon

16. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident Thread Starter

Josey Records wrote me back to say their cost for the picture disc was $14.98, if that is accurate then their price of $17.99 was fair. Anyway I'm very happy I found one!

17. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident Thread Starter

On second thought, (I read more about this) I won't store the picture disc single in that PVC clear sleeve!

Warning to all record collectors!!! (outer bag/inner sleeve concerns)* »

BenB5150 likes this.
  18. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

19. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

Anybody know what the going price of the box up here in Canada was?

20. I emailed Dr Rhino and waiting to hear back on how the replacement goes for the Monkees box.

Side note: I was suppose to get a replacement Long Run from the Eagles vinyl box from Rhino after having issues with the sound drops. They responded after a few days and I had to send them photos of the box, record and receipt. After a few week they sent me a cd in a white paper sleeve. I emailed them back, told them I had the vinyl box (I had mentioned it was vinyl numerous times in previous emails) and heard nothing from them for a month. I emailed them again and they said they had just got the vinyl that day (yea right!) and it was on the way. After another month and no record I emailed again and they asked for my address. I told them to forget it. Complete waste of time. Had I known this box set was a Rhino issue, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. The problem with vinyl resurgence, it's about quantity not quality now, for the most part.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    JDistheone likes this.
  21. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Was wondering why my LP's did not fit the box. They put in two Present's!. Ha

22. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

You want my guess? They probably didn't bother. Rush job given pressing delays and the need to get it out for RSD.

If they did go through QC, the person handling the QC should try a little harder next time. :)

23. yellowballoon

Playing the vinyl box set again today. Playing The Monkees Present. My God this sounds amazing! Did not expect the sound quality to be so nice.

BeatleStair and Peachy like this.
  24. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

25. djej

djej Forum Resident

Is anyone still looking for the vinyl box set? Saw one at my local tonight. PM me and I can get you the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.