What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

If we're going to do a sub-thread of "worst film you've ever seen that won Best Picture Oscar", my vote goes to 'Forrest Gump.'

Fastnbulbous and Pete Puma like this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Not even close! I've seen every BP winner, and "Gump" is far from the worst!

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Oh, right. I forgot about 'Braveheart.'

and 'Crash.'

and 'My Fair Lady.'

:eek:

4. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Crash was not a bad movie. I just never want to see it again.

5. Oatsdad

"Crash" is more pretentious and condescending than "bad", IMO.

"Braveheart" and "MFL" are perfectly watchable. I like "MFL" more than most movie musicals, actually - I think it's way better than Oscar winners "Gigi" or "American In Paris".

Strong nominees for "worst BP winners":

"Broadway Melody": even if we cut it slack for being a product of its era, it's still awful. Almost unquestionably the worst BP winner of them all.

"Cimarron"

"Greatest Show on Earth"

"Gigi"

"Tom Jones"

93curr likes this.
  6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Last night I watched (half) of Hershel Gordon Lewis' "The Gore Gore Girls." I'd say it ranks up there. It wasn't blood or violence that had me running, it was the superlatively bad acting and filmmaking. The lead is supposed to be this bon vivant detective who was so awful. Wow. Cheese fest.

geralmar likes this.
  7. Assuming you watched the DVD: Be sure to watch it with the commentary. That's what makes the HGL DVDs worthwhile.

93curr likes this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Oh here's a relatively new one "Orphan" starring Peter Saarsgard. If you look up "predictable" in the dictionary, this film should be there. So bad. And certainly, Isabelle Fuhrman should get an award for worst performance by a child actor for her Natasha Fatale ("Bullwinkle") impression. Didn't any producer watching the rushes say: "Tell her to get rid of that hokey accent!"

9. Destroysall

Destroysall Forum Resident

Dragonball: Evolution...

10. Oatsdad

I actually liked the kid's acting!

But the movie goes nowhere. It does nothing to expand its genre.

Of course, if you're gonna pick on horror movies for being predictable, you're gonna need a longer list! :D

11. aforchione

aforchione Forum Resident

These days I would say the worst movie I have seen is the last movie I have seen, the latest being The Nice Guys...what a waste of 45 minutes (I left before it was over).

12. Baby Driver

Baby Driver Forum Resident

ok, there's a new candidate for worst ever movie.

Birdemic

oh.

boy.

13. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Well, it's not exactly *new*, per se.... the film came out in 2008.... but it definitely is on a level of awfulness that must be seen to be believed! ;)

(There was a sequel in 2013, which I haven't seen yet).

14. Baby Driver

Baby Driver Forum Resident

don't waste your time!

it's EXACTLY the same as the first one. same actors too. there's only so many times I can watch 2 people with guns (that hold unlimited ammo) shooting at Play Station birds.

15. wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica The Dude

Just to name a few:
    The Garbage Pail Kids
    Mamma Mia (i don't hate ABBA, i just can't stand this movie)
    Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (too dumb and vulgar)
    All of the Scary Movie sequels (no need to explain).

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  16. DLD

DLD Senior Member

It's been mentioned earlier but I'll add my $.02 cause this movie still pisses me off. Armageddon svcked hippo balls. One of the first scenes had Bruce Willis, an oilman, chasing around his daughter's suitor on an oil rig, shooting at him, for no good reason, on an oil rig??? There was so much illogic in that scene I can't even comprehend how great the director's/writer's/producer's disdain for their intended audience's intelligence was. Then of course, there was the Gatling type gun Steve Buscemi used to shoot out the wall so he could get out of the spacecraft. Yea, like there was a pressing need for a Gatling Gun on the trip to the asteroid (or comet of whatever the ^%*& it was) to blow it all up.......I'm sure this stinking turd made money.

HenryH and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  17. Oatsdad

I agree with most of those picks, but while I won't call "Scary Movie 3" good, I think it's better than the first one!

All of them are pretty terrible, though...

wingsoveramerica likes this.
  18. wingsoveramerica

That's true. But if i was forced to pick one, it would be the first one.

19. Oatsdad

From my review:

"Is there anything good about SM? Well, Shannon Elizabeth looked consistently hot, and Carmen Electra also appeared sexy during her underwear romp. Other than that, I can’t conjure a single positive aspect of Scary Movie. The film felt like it lasted much longer than its stated 88 minutes. In fact, it seemed absolutely interminable as one tacky, unfunny gag followed another until I hoped a masked maniac would slaughter me. Scary Movie stands as one of the least entertaining movies I’ve ever seen. "

So I guess I disagreed! ;)

20. wingsoveramerica

I guess we did! ;)

21. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Woah... a Michael Bay movie that sucked? What planet am I on? :p

HenryH likes this.
  22. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Zardoz.
    It almost negates everything good that Sean Connery ever did.

23. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just looked at his directing credits, thinking there just might be a hidden gem amongst all the well known excess, nope.

24. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Well, to be fair, I think The Rock is a good, solid action flick... but that's about as much Bay praise as you'll get from me. ;)

25. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yup, about as good as it gets tho the original Transformer might give it a run for the money. Faint praise at best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.