Records that you have that were immediately withdrawn

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Geller, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

- Ha! Argh. I had no clue. We put vinyl albums in our antiques booth, and I just put this album into the booth, with the flames cover! Definitely didn't charge $20+ for it (as it seems to go for on ebay!) So someone will get a deal! :)

Coricama likes this.
  2. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

I didn't even know it existed til I was browsing on Amazon one day. There was only 1 copy and I grabbed it. There are 2 on Amazon now, one for $250.00 and the other for $412.98 (?).

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

sorry, it's a common term here. Needle drop (of a vinyl lp)

4. marmil

I have this too. I think it was withdrawn b/c Eric didn't feel that it captured the "spirit" of the band. Which it didn't but it's still pretty amazing. Not sure if there are stock copies of this or only promos.

5. marmil

The Move - Down On The Bay/Chinatown MGM 45. Might have been promo only.

6. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Beatles - 1st mono pressing of Rubber Soul (aka 'The Hot Cut'). God knows why it was withdrawn as its sounds ****ing amazing now!

aussievinyl and Nad 214 like this.
  7. The only ones I think I still have are all Jimmy Page related official Yardbirds CDs that feature Dazed And Confused in some form of another

8. Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut

Sarah S. The Hendrix Nut Well-Known Member

Jimi Hendrix Band Of Gypsys with the three extra songs.
    Foxy Lady, Hear My Train and Stop.

Jimi Hendrix Fehmarn Dagger release with the speed error. I don't know how long either were available in these editions.

9. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

The first pressing of Bill Cosby's "8:15/12:15" end with a joke about his wife getting pregnant because he broke the "midnight trampoline" (ie, her IUD). Edited out of most copies, even though Cosby owned the label. I have this...Not like it would be easy to sell nowadays!

EasterEverywhere likes this.
  10. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Suprisingly, new sets are still selling for about 50 bucks or less. This one sold for less than 52, sorting by highest purchase price.

ray charles singular | eBay »

11. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

"Ringo" with the long version of "Six O'Clock"

EasterEverywhere, mrjinks and Muzyck like this.
  12. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

OK. I've only been here for 9 years. I guess I still have some learnin' to do.

But seriously, please consider defining acronyms the first time you use them. It can be confusing and annoying when people assume everybody uses the same non-standard terms for things like this and album titles.

13. Louis Kirsch

Louis Kirsch Forum Resident

Jimi Hendrix Electric ladyland nude ladies cover, Track pressing UK

14. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Promo?

15. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

That was the cover in Britain all through the vinyl era; it made it onto Polydor's CD's as well.

16. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Couldn't agree more. The frequent use of acronyms on this board make quite a few posts unreadable.

elvotix and Spadeygrove like this.
  17. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic Thread Starter

The US copy was common as dirt back when it came out. HOWEVER, the UK Parlophone issue (Chat 1) was in release for exactly ONE DAY, and then withdrawn, as a publicity stunt. I own a copy of each.

18. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

The Beatles "Revolver" mono - so called "remix 11". XEX 606-1 matrix number on the side two with different mix of "Tomorrow Never Knows".

19. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

IKR! SMH....;)

Fullbug, rednoise and Rooster_Ties like this.
  20. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

the weird thing is ive seen just as many of the flames covers as the non-flames in the thrift bins not sure which is actually "rare"

Nathan Aaron likes this.
  21. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

Just this innocuous-looking Bear Family compilation that was withdrawn due to a licensing problem.

[​IMG]

22. Dino

Dino Forum Resident

Kind of reminds me of the "girly cover" for Roxy Music - Country Life being presented as "rare original uncensored cover". I saw a lot of those but not that many of the replacement "plants" cover.

23. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Never withdrawn in Canada and probably still easy to find.

audiotom and Dino like this.
  24. Jennifer Tomkins

Jennifer Tomkins Well-Known Member

Around 1995 I was doing my usual thumbing through the Best Buy CD bin and ran across a CD called: "Boogie Fever:The Best Of The Sylvers", issued by Razor & Tie. It was noteworthy because it had the hits on the Pride label from the early 70's as well as their more popular Capital hits from later in the decade. I went back some weeks later to purchase it and it was gone. I searched and searched everywhere and could not locate it. It was a gaslight moment for sure. Then I discovered some time later it had been recalled because of legal issues due to the Pride material. Such a shame because that was their best work. I ultimately found a copy in the very early days of eBay around 1998.

25. simonux

simonux Custom Title

Car seat headrest lp was quickly deleted because it uses sample of a Cars song

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.