New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Legacy version of KOL are "Mastered from Original Master Tapes" and sound very good but I think they were likely cut from high resolution files by Chris Bellman. I would repurchase them again, if all analog though, because I'm crazy like that.

IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  2. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Even though Music on Vinyl do a pretty good job of reissuing 90s titles, I'd love to see a lot of those reissued again and cut from the analog masters like: Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  3. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE JOHN FOGERTY'S BLUE MOON SWAMP RELEASED ON VINYL, IT NEVER WAS!

jg

0476pearljam, arisinwind and IR Shane like this.
  4. Shank's Pony

Shank's Pony Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hi Shane, How about a little Richard Hawley? These two have been only pressed once and go for big money nowadays. Recorded digitally I believe, but Ryan or Kevin could really bring out the timbre of his amazing voice!

5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I LOVE all these suggestions, at the same time some of them are painful! Things I've asked for and been denied, and a healthy few for which I had deals in place that were denied or cancelled down the line. Including titles that got cancelled with tapes at Kevin's! Keep em coming! GREAT stuff!

Simon A likes this.
  6. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Those Bastards!

googlymoogly and IR Shane like this.
  7. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

I know I'm "dreaming in the stars" but I'd love to see reissues of Van Morrison's later albums like Back On Top, Days Like This and The Healing Game. Other album's like What's Wrong With This Picture? and Born To Sing: No Plan B never even had vinyl releases.

IR Shane likes this.
  8. Someone mentioned The Knack back in the thread... That would be amazing as well. "Get The Knack" is one of my all-time favorite albums. Second album isn't too bad either!

Deano6 and IR Shane like this.
  9. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

What the hell? Titles canceled while the masters were actually there at the studio and ready to be cut? That's some sad-sack business dealings on the part of the licensing labels!

Plan9, IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  10. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Paul Kelly & The Messengers (aka Paul Kelly & The Coloured Girls, but only in Australia, I think) - Gossip and Under the Sun. Both were on A&M in the U.S.

11. On a different note, I received my third Joe Jackson LP this week: Look Sharp!
    For some reason, & I'm not glass-half-empty, I didn't seem to expect much. Wrong!!
    Look Sharp! in its simplicity is so much improved. Of course, the bass, which goes without saying.
    However, for my ears, the drums & cymbals are the biggest beneficiaries of KG's work: they are tuned and not just boxy
    All the instruments have so much more precision (including Gary Sanford's guitar work), without JJ's voice, or the recording itself, losing any of its vitriolic edge.
    Nice job, Shane!!!!

IR Shane, Guitarded and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  12. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

One album I would love to see Intervention tackle is Veruca Salt's Eight Arms to Hold You. It was briefly issued on vinyl at the time of the album's release, but copies are extremely hard to come by these days and typically go for big bucks on the secondary market. Although it's one of my favourite '90s alt-rock albums, I've always been hesitant to pull the trigger on purchasing a used copy of it. It's already a rather long album and not only did they issue it as a single LP, they also added a bonus track to it. I can't imagine 27 minute sides sounding particularly great for this type of music. This is a phenomenal album and deserves to be reissued as a double LP without any sonic compromises. Universal seems to have no interest in doing it themselves, so hopefully they'd be open to licensing this album to someone who wants to do right by it.

IR Shane likes this.
  13. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

How about Smithereens 11?

14. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Alice and Chains- first two
    Public Enemy- Takes A Nation, Fear of Black Planet, Apocalypse 91: The Enemy Strikes Black,
    Public Image Limited- Metal Box and Album
    Fishbone- Truth and Soul and The Reality of My Surroundings
    Skinny Puppy- Mind The Perpetual Intercourse, Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate, Remission and Bites
    Front 242: Geography, Official Version and Front by Front

c-eling and IR Shane like this.
  15. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I would also love to see an audiophile cut of the Hedwig and the Angry Inch OST. I am sure the masters are digital, but it needs to be properly released.

16. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Official could use some work, Geography has a re-issue out, Front By Front is pretty damn spectacular as is, including the re-issue from a few years ago :)
    I'd like Shane to grapple some Puppy, that would be sweet :righton:

IR Shane likes this.
  17. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

How about Jaco Pastorius, Word of Mouth?

markp and IR Shane like this.
  18. Shemp013

Shemp013 Well-Known Member

The Rentals 'the return of the rentals' is in desperate need of a vinyl release.

whisper3978 and IR Shane like this.
  19. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

That's an excellent album from start to finish. Wish there was more music like that on the top 40 radio today. Really enjoyed artists in the 90s such as Gin Blossoms, The Smithereens and Paul Kelly. Hopefully Intervention Records will spread their wings and diversify their repertoire when it comes to artists, genres and time periods.

IR Shane likes this.
  20. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

@IR Shane How about The Cardigans' First Band on the Moon?

longdist01, IR Shane and Preston like this.
  21. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

A great suggestion! I have heard rumors on the Cardigans thread here that a box set is imminent, but it never seems to appear.

IR Shane likes this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

There are a lot of good suggestions on this thread.

I was listening to a couple of Joe Bonamassa records and boy do these ever need the Intervention Records treatment. Great music, great singing and playing, but lousy production. Please consider this artist.

iloveguitars and IR Shane like this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I saw him live at the Fillmore in SF- opened for Peter Frampton. Great live show. I'll take a listen to that and see what's what. thanks, good call!

iloveguitars, Simon A and Tullman like this.
  24. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

If you want an INSTANT sellout, whatever you can do Beck Mellow Gold or Mutations. food for thought.

25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Thanks. Oh yeah, and don't forget about Tool.:cool:

IR Shane likes this.