Questions Regarding The Fiio X1?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by eric777, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist Thread Starter

Is there a wall charger for this? If not, can I use the usb adaptor from my iPhone 6 to charge it?

How dependable is the X1? What I mean is, after two or three months do I have to worry about issues with battery life or something just not working correctly?

Thank You

2. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

It uses a mirco USB cable - so your iPhone charger wouldn't work but it's the same cable that a lot of other modern devices use. For example most modern Android phones use this same cable. The player comes with a micro USB cable but no USB to AC adapter...but you can those pretty cheap.

As for dependability, I've only had mine a few months so can't speak on that. Battery life is something like 10 or 11 hours I believe and it's worked well for me so far. No internal storage (you supply your own) and I would assume that, at some point after heavy regular usage, the battery will start to degrade. Hopefully not for some years I would think.

eric777 likes this.
  3. eric777

Thank you. I saw one from a company called upbright through amazon that is made for the x1 and x3 for 16 dollars. That was the only thing I could find but was hoping to just use one i already have.

I have only had this a few days and I'm loving it. If it stays dependable I may purchase a second one as a spare.

4. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

It's a steal for the price, enjoy!

npc210 and eric777 like this.
  5. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

you just use one of the apple chargers that go with the ipod and plug the X1 cord right into it. Works fine. The micro end of it goes into the X1 and the standard end goes into the charger.

Damien DiAngelo and Gaslight like this.
  6. Omnio

Omnio _ _ _ ____ ____ _ _ _

I have the original X3 and I love it! Reliable, sturdy and quality music source. After two years of constant usage the battery life is considerably shorter now though..which is expected I think!

eric777 and Gaslight like this.
  7. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I haven't opened up my X1 yet (and I don't plan to any time soon), but I'm wondering how easy it would be to replace the battery on this thing.

8. Omnio

Dunno about the X1...but on my X3 it's 3 screws that hold the back. It doesn't take much to swap batteries on mine.

9. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Two screws on the X1 as well. So I can probably open this thing up, but not sure if the battery is soldered on or not.

10. Omnio

Now that's something I really can't comment on! Hope someone with an X1 in his pocket will chime in.

11. eric777

I ran across that question on the fiio web site. The answer from the fiio person was that it was not made to have the battery replaced. I assume they just want you to buy another one.

12. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

Does anyone else use the X1 attached to their car stereo via USB? It is a lot quirkier than my iPhone. It freezes quite often when the car starts and never remembers what track was playing when I car off. I say try the headphone jack next but I know it won't integrate as well with my car stereo.

I have also seen a few lockups when I rescan the music library.

13. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I bought the X1 upon release. I already had a 1st gen X3 but I liked the price and the design better (scroll wheel as opposed to just the buttons). I also have a 1st gen X5 that I am considering selling because for some reason it wants to randomly stop recognizing my 200gb microsd card. This same card works perfectly in my X1.

I use my iPhone's wall charger and the provided micro USB cord to charge mine. One thing to remember, let the power run out on the device before putting it on the charger or else the battery will build up memory. A USB microsd card adapter is a good accessory to get with the X1.

Mine has been 100% reliable.

eric777 likes this.
  14. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member

I'm starting to think about switching from my iPhone to a dedicated audio player like the Fiio. With the impending disappearance of the iPhone headphone jack (I can't believe how angry I am about that) and not wanting to have my music interrupted with calls and alerts, it might be time.

A couple of questions:

1) can the Fiio be synced to specific playlists only in iTunes?

2) does it support Replay Gain tagging?

Thanks to all!
    Bob

D-rock likes this.
  15. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

That was added in version 2.0 of the firmware.

Time Is On My Side likes this.
  16. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Guys, I just got an X1 on a closeout site.

been playing around with it, LOVE the fidelity, but have a question:

I connected it to my PC, and made 4 folders on the X1, called CD1, Cd2, Cd3 and Cd4.

I then copied some songs over to each folder.

Well, the X1 is only showing my CD1 folder, and ALL the songs fro the other 3 folders are in there!

Would anyone know why it did this and why the other 3 folders didnt show up?>

Many thanks for any help!
    Stereoguy

17. stereoguy

Anybody?>

18. stereoguy

19. Would like to know this too. Want to dump Sirius and use something like this in the car

20. wellers73

wellers73 Forum Resident

21. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

How do you create or import playlists to b the FiioX1 from itunes? Do you create it within Fiio or is there someother way?

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Will it make a diff if a scan disk 200gb microSD card is formatted to exFat as opposed to Fat32 for the Fiio x1? The only option my PC gives me is exFat? What's the diff?

23. Time Is On My Side

I have used exFAT in the past and it has worked. However, Fiio recommends that the supported format is FAT32. Download this and use it for formatting the card to FAT32. -Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

D-rock likes this.
  24. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Thanks!!!

25. Time Is On My Side

If that does not work, you should also be able to format the card inside the unit.

D-rock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.