New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I don't know if Beck is gettable these days but I'd love to do both!

polchik, Simon A and chris8519 like this.
  2. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

So you're saying there's a chance.... :)

[​IMG]

3. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Teenage Fanclub- Grand Prix would be a good idea..

Kevin j and IR Shane like this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

That made my head explode! That's a quote in my household going on what, 22 years now?!

I'm going to start sending that to the labels when I get denied!

polchik, sjaca, Simon A and 1 other person like this.
  5. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

So your saying there's a chance ? :)
    :) anything to help out Shane! (You never know some gen-x could be in charge of licensing and get it! )

IR Shane likes this.
  6. Chrsal

Chrsal Forum Resident

I would like to see All Genesis remastered correctly. Starting with Duke.

IR Shane and Plan9 like this.
  7. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Seeing how Bong Load just released Mellow Gold, that one's probably out.

8. Dok

Dok Senior Member

The Stealers Wheel SACD has been pushed back again until the 9th it looks like.

IR Shane likes this.
  9. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Shane

Make a grown man happy and do:

Teenage Fanclub - the whole catalog
    Divine comedy - I think most of their album were never released on vinyl.
    High Lamas - Gideon Gaye and Hawaii
    Santana - S/T ..... Just kidding!

I won't take no for answer.

Thx

IR Shane likes this.
  10. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I see that Bong Load just restarted. Hopefully they'll have better quality this time around. Those original pressings were garbage. These pressings are super limited, so maybe they could still be licensed.

The ad on their Facebook page is hilarious. "If It Ain't A Bong Load Record, It's Just A Plain Ripoff!" I emailed them to see what these reissues were cut from.

IR Shane likes this.
  11. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

They got right back to me! Cut from hi-rez digital.

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

It's honestly been one goddamned thing after another. They are supposed to ship to me this week, I need to sticker them, then they go back out. I'm not even pretending anymore that this is certain. All I can say is the last holdup is that last week they were supposed to be stuffed and shrink wrapped and the ****ing shrink wrap machine broke. They were supposed to be back up and running yesterday. Sorry for the curse words, but the only reason I ever put a date on this is there was so much wiggle room it should have been easy to hit the original date. Then everyone involved dropped the ball at least once. Never again with dates! But seriously, everything is ready. I'm at least as frustrated as you!

Dok and c-eling like this.
  13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

GREAT review on the JJ LPs from Joe Taylor at SoundStage. I really really love the way Joe approaches his music writing, and he's very very thorough. I think you'll like it!

"Throughout Look Sharp!, Gray’s remastering highlights details I hadn’t caught before."

"... a bigger, richer soundstage that lets the instruments stretch out and interact, and brings Jackson’s voice and words into greater relief."

"Intervention’s new edition opens up the music more, revealing more elements of the recording -- and the bass goes lower."

" ... the LPs I’ve reviewed here do three of Joe Jackson’s best records full justice. I hope Intervention gives us more."

Click HERE for the whole story!

14. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

This.

1000 times, this.

IR Shane and Geee! like this.
  15. I'd put good money down for a lovingly remastered copy of Tonio K "Life In The Food chain"

For such a star studded, take no prisoners album, it's a wonder it's never been touched.

IR Shane and Preston like this.
  16. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I just thought of another band who's catalogue I'd like to see Intervention address. The Records. Their debut album in particular could use the proper ministrations of a fine mastering engineer.

IR Shane and Deano6 like this.
  17. mwillhoffman

mwillhoffman Forum Resident

Just ordered both EVERCLEAR albums. So stoked there is an audiophile company doing 90s releases (as opposed to PLAIN, which snaps up all the titles and puts out mediocre to bad pressings)

I'd also LOVE to have SON VOLT "Okemah" (never on vinyl), TEENAGE FANCLUB "Grand Prix" and "Songs from Northern Britain", SINGLES soundtrack (as a double LP), VERBENA "Into the Pink" (never on vinyl), SUGAR "Copper Blue" (it's been reissued, but the master is muddy and this album could sound SO GREAT. I have a 12" single of GOOD IDEA that DESTROYS what it sounds like on the original and reissue LPs), GIN BLOSSOMS "New Miserable Experience" (never on vinyl), JAMES MCMURTRY "Childish Things" (never on vinyl), PAUL WESTERBERG "Stereo/Mono" (never on vinyl)...

And I'll throw one out that I'd LOVE on vinyl but most likely will never see the light of day...Anything by Seattle band ALCOHOL FUNNYCAR. They had three CDs, all awesome. Their claim to fame was a song on the soundtrack to horror movie BRAINSCAN.

18. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Better Than Ezra- Deluxe..
    Now that's a good idea!
    ATB,
    Mark

IR Shane and whaiyun like this.
  19. IR Shane likes this.
  20. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Shane, your label sounds like the perfect place for Pure Prairie League's Bustin' Out. Vinyl please. The RCA CD is awful.

BradOlson, sonofjim and IR Shane like this.
  21. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I haven't listened to that album in 30 years. I'll have to pull it out this weekend!

IR Shane likes this.
  22. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I'd love to see Ron Sexsmith's early albums done by IR for vinyl.
    About half of his titles have only been released on CD, despite the fact Ron only listens to music on vinyl!

Ten things Ron Sexsmith can’t live without | Toronto Life »

It's one of those music mysteries why he doesn't have a much bigger audience,
    the guy is brilliant and funny. His twitter feed is hilarious!

These have never been released on vinyl:
    https://www.discogs.com/Ron-Sexsmith-Ron-Sexsmith/master/316102
    https://www.discogs.com/Ron-Sexsmith-Other-Songs/master/122984
    https://www.discogs.com/Ron-Sexsmith-Whereabouts/master/329390
    https://www.discogs.com/Ron-Sexsmith-Retriever/master/181320
    https://www.discogs.com/Ron-Sexsmith-Exit-Strategy-Of-The-Soul/master/122987

anodyne and IR Shane like this.
  23. gslasor

gslasor Forum Resident

Probably impossible given the history, but I'd love to own any The Mars Volta records done with a proper mastering!

IR Shane likes this.
  24. And the system he plays his music and vinyl on is all REGA! Ron Sexsmith and his new Rega rig! | WHETSTONE AUDIO »

IR Shane and DeRosa like this.
  25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The Stealers Wheel SACDs finally(!) arrived and shipped out to retailers yesterday! So Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds ought to have them early next week, and Amazon will have them in a few days.

Click HERE to order from Acoustic Sounds.

Click HERE to order from Elusive Disc.

art, Dok and c-eling like this.