10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I have had that happen with media mail shipments I have sent to people. I don't use it anymore.

I am hoping that my two orders this time around with importcds will be sent first class, since they are each so tiny and so light that sending them first class would virtually be the same price as sending them media mail.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My Neil Young BD, the size of a CD, or mini LP, came Priority.

3. George P

Cool, did you pay for priority, though?

4. Myke

No, as I said earlier, it was the very next tier in options, as my cart was going through the ordering process.
    The difference in charges was only $.50 in this case.

[​IMG]

5. George P

Sorry, I meant to say "did you pay extra for expedited shipping?" Looks like you did and got priority. A good deal.

The page you posted indicates that they ship USA orders via first class mail. If they changed that to media mail, they really should indicate so on their webpage.

6. Myke

Call Pedro tomorrow, and tell him that.

7. George P

I just called him and he was quite evasive with my questions about the media mail not being listed on their site. After talking with him for awhile and getting nowhere, he offered the corporate number. Since I was out, I asked him to email it to me and he said that he didn't have access to email. I asked for the supervisor, assuming they would have access. The supervisor said they don't say media mail on their site because they use DHL + media mail, which expedites the order. My order is estimated to arrive on Friday, six days after I ordered it. Not too shabby.

8. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

never ordered from them before but their zeppelin vinyl was soo cheap, figured it was worth the chance. Coda deluxe on vinyl (via amazon 3d party) for $14.99 (3LPs, dang!) plus single LPs of ITTOD and Presence for $8.99 on eBay, toss in the Zep 4 deluxe for $16 via amazon, $50 for 4 new LPs nowadays is pretty strong. Now all I want to complete my Zep vinyl is Physical Graffiti 2 LP and Zep 3 deluxe.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  9. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Save10 =
    The Promo Code has expired

how is the packing for vinyl from IMPORTCDs??? cheap and bad? not as great like Vinyl Records & LP Albums | VPI Turntables | Rega Turntable » or elusivedisc???
    I want order 5 album on vinyl from Importcds but damn... I imagine that packing is just a damn box without any bumpers or any protection.
    I want received my records without bends on corners or any damage.
    any help?

10. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I've always had trouble with their paclaging when ordering LPs or digipak CDs. Something usually ends up bent or damaged. I stopped ordering from them and prettu much stick with Bull Moose or Amazon.

11. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

thanks, ouch! yes, I remember order a record and arrive damaged due the "normal" packing, they are very stupid... why? they can increase the sells just making good packings like soundstagedirect do.

I don't know Bull Moose, they packing good? I go to check if the records that I want are available from that store.

12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Others have reported issues with importCDs vinyl shipping but I have never had a problem. I have ordered no fewer than 30-40 LPs in various quantities (between one LP and 12 in a single shipment). Packaging varies but no issues whatsoever.

13. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

LAME! response today from importcds:
    "All orders are packaged based on the size of the shipment and is decided by the warehouse"

14. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

All of mine have been double boxed and never had a problem.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

My last shipment (Chicago Quadio) arrived in a box that was beat to s$&t but luckily the set was undamaged.
    They seem to pack better if the shipment is larger

16. Myke

My Quadio outer box was clean and immaculate. :shrug: Well packed too.

17. George P

I have had a few packages get damaged over the years, but the majority of my shipments arrived without any problems. They have a unique system of sticking two pieces of oversized cardboard together, with the CD in the center. It works amazingly well. And yes, they do seem to package better when shipments are bigger. I have had bigger boxes sent in thick outer boxes. The one time I had significant damage to a big box set, I called them, spoke to a supervisor, and got more than half of my money refunded (the box set was over $100.)

Myke likes this.
  18. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Another great deal on Zeppelin deluxe vinyl - graffiti for $15+$4 shipping
    Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl) - Amazon.com Music »

I bought from them first time a few weeks ago for single LPs of outdoor and presence ($8 each!) and triple LP coda ($15!) and all had that same weird packaging - LP in thin cardboard insert, then two oversized recycled cardboard thing on the outside. Nicely flimsy but all 3 arrived in perfect shape, no dinged corners or split seams or warps. Not sure how they look can offer these so cheap but I'm glad they do! I Really just wanted the normal 2 LP of graffiti but the triple at under $20, hard to say no

black sheriff and lightbulb like this.
  19. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Hopefully their next save 10 will be coming up pretty soon. I've been holding off ordering a couple of things waiting on this.

Does anyone know if the SAVE10 (or whatever the code is this time) applies to pre-orders?

20. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

In case you're interested, Collectors' Choice Music (ccmusic.com) has a 25% off coupon still active.
    The code is OCTCCM25 .

21. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Yes, it does.

BTW, I was surprised to learn recently that they have a limit of 30 items per cart. This may not affect most of us but I only order now when they have a sale, so I've been adding to my cart since the last sale 6 months ago. I reduced my cart quite a bit last week when I found comparable (and 10% less) pricing at Amazon.uk.

22. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

They usually have a 10% off sale in November IIRC.
    My plan is fill to fill the holes in my King Crimson DVD-A collection.
    Of course having just dropped $180US on Audio Wave XRCDs from Elusive Disc I should stand pat for awhile.

23. Electric

Those XRCDs were tempting me, Blair.

24. Electric

It's on!!!!

Use TAKE10 until 5 PM November 21, CST.

Bill Mac, jamesc and Myke like this.
  25. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Awesome, now to spend some money!