Better Call Saul - Season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

He probably needs to reprise Gus just to wash the stain of "Revolution" off his resume.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And Saul's relationship with Gus long preceded his relationship with Walter White, so they can bring him in and not turbo charge the story timeline.

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Good gosh, Ive almost forgotten what the shows about. When does the next season start?

4. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

February, I believe
    :confused:

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not me. It's still very vivid in my mind, which is a sign of a good show.

Jerry Horne, EVOLVIST and George P like this.
  6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, I was being cheeky. Im just ready for it to start up. A buddy of mine mentioned that he read it might be delayed due to either remaking a couple of episodes or creative differences or something along those lines. Hear anything on this?

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

No I haven't, it's news to me. I'd be surprised if there were 'creative differences', but anything's possible. I'll see if I can find anything.

mpayan likes this.
  8. I read a recent article about Gus Fringe and Season 3. I cannot find it, but the article made a big to-do that the audience will find out he's gay. Wtf? We've known Gus was gay all along! I guess with everything the topic must be sensationalized to float an article.

But this is what I've always wondered about Gus Fring. We're flying in the wayback machine here...

When Walt first went into Gus' house, they are talking just inside the doorway, and there is a child's toy in the other room. I believe it was a tyke's little car, that only a kid could get into. What's up with that? Was that a Fring-front that he was some sort of family man, a gaff, or they hadn't fully fleshed out who Gus really was yet?

9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

I don't believe any of the episodes have been "made" yet.

10. Gems-A-Bems

Take into account the source
    'Better Call Saul' season 3 spoilers and rumors: Could Gus Fring be a closeted homosexual? »

Perhaps it belonged to Kaylee.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  11. Good thought, but before Mike even meets Gus, Kaylee is already way too old to even fit in a little thing like that. This is a toddler sized toy. I need to watch that again to confirm what kind of toy it is, exactly, but there's a child's toy in Gus' house. I looked for it on YouTube, but no dice.

12. Gems-A-Bems

Kaylee's age in general is the biggest anachronism between the two shows, I think.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Vinyl Addict likes this.
  13. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Not to mention the child-sized table loaded with Legos/building blocks. Maybe he was an uncle, who baby-sat occasionally. I thought that he mentioned having kids when Walt first came to his house, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I also doubt that the toys were for Kaylee, but what do I know?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  14. misterclean

Mike also looks older in BCS than he did in BB.

15. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Maybe Gus plays with the toys himself - he could use a little stress relief

16. misterclean

I'm sure that BCS will eventually address all of the BB discrepancies...perhaps Gus simply likes to beat himself upside the head with little toy trucks. We shall see...

17. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I seriously doubt that the sexuality of Gus will be a plot element of significance. Doesn't seem like the style of the writers. I would like to know his back story though. BB made a point of letting us know that he was a person of some importance, which served to protect him when dealing with the Juarez Cartel. We never learned what that meant.

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  18. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I just binge watched season 2 on Netflix. I really like the Kim Wexler character and wonder why she was never mentioned in BB. I hope she was not killed off.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yup, she's a real charmer.
    Because they didn't know at the time that there would be prequel series!
    That would be a major bummer. Surely Vince won't do that to us.

razerx and Vinyl Addict like this.
  20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Re-watching Season 2 on the excellent Blu-ray set. This is just such amazing TV. C'mon Season 3!

George P and artfromtex like this.
  21. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Can't wait ! This is one of those shows that just gets better and better as they develop. Fist season was just mildly entertaining IMO, but I had to binge-watch season 2 !

22. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I need to get Season 2. Are the extras good?

23. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Really sucks that we have to wait so long between seasons :( I am more than ready for some new episodes!

24. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I haven't gotten to many of the extras yet but those few I've watched have been nice.

artfromtex likes this.
  25. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Is Saul on Netflix? Amazon?
    I'd love to binge watch it all, such a great series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.