To Those Who Have Sold Me Vinyl Here...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, Jul 27, 2010.

1. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Buying used vinyl is a crapshoot of the worst kind. As we all know, for many sellers "beautiful condition" is what we would regard as VG.

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Thank you, MYKE! The pleasure was all mine. :edthumbs:

Simon A likes this.
  3. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Damn right there oughta be! I'm the guy who got ripped off, and ended up selling the LP at a big huge loss!

4. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I wonder if he is still around?

5. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

For whatever reason, he was only banned from selling, but still free to buy on the marketplace, and post in all the other forums.

At one point, he bought an LP for like $80 after ripping me off.

6. mattybass

mattybass Forum Resident

I have to ca out to everyone I've purchased from as well. This is a vinyl collector's Mecca. As a young audiophile desperate for some good sounding copies, this seems to be the best format for obtaining high quality stuff. And we're talking quality. Thanks to everyone!

Simon A likes this.
  7. yardbuzzard

yardbuzzard Forum Resident

I'm proud to come aboard this thread to salute and report on some forum sellers I have recently encountered. Sellers like brothers Raunchnroll and Cassius whom I have done a tremendous amount of business with as of late, whom are just as much a pleasure to know and communicate with as they are to purchase fine vinyl from. These are the kind of people you always wished you knew while you were sweating every eBay purchase and praying and hoping for the best. Two vinyl gods indeed, that one instantly feels it is an honor to buy from.

A complete gentleman, and purveyor of fine vinyl wares, is Peter, who has provided me with museum quality records. Gorgeous, beautiful artifacts. When Peter recommends a record, you know absolutely without a doubt it is a prime pressing.

Tommyboy, Klownschool, Aoxomoxoa, and MikeyH, are all top-drawer
    sellers as well. Best of the best.

All of these sellers and forum mates are fine, cool people who make buying records a pain and worry- free experience, and indeed a pure and easy pleasure! And they bring the BEST records to town here for offer.

I so appreciate all of you folks above and I'm damn glad to know you all!

Simon A likes this.
  8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Well put...very well put. Thanks Yardbuzzard. :thumbsup:

Simon A likes this.
  9. yardbuzzard

yardbuzzard Forum Resident

My pleasure, Myke, and thank you for directing me here. I needed to get this shout-out out there for these fine forum brothers. They completely deserve the promo. Indeed!

10. mbrobe

mbrobe Forum Resident

I completely agree and couldn't have said it better yardbuzzard!

Simon A likes this.
  11. Myke

Saturday, in our classifieds, I grabbed a pair of mono UK Beatles that I needed, Help! & Sgt. Pepper.
    After finishing with Pay Pal, I sat back, looked over at the crowded conditions of my collection, and began thinking a thought I had had a few weeks earlier.
    To sell off the stereo.

I love the mono, I prefer the mono, and when I play Beatles vinyl, I always reach for the mono. So why have the stereo ? For me, it's pointless.
    So I began to pull them out...I had forgotten I had already separated the two, and wondered who had been in my records ? :laugh:

Anyway, I made sure everything was clean, and more than presentable, then proceeded to go through the rest of my collection, for any other albums I might be willing to part with.
    We drove them over to our trustworthy neighborhood indie, and the guy working yesterday asked if we could leave them, so he could have time to go through them properly ? Sure, no problem.

A few hours later he called, said he was ready, quoted me the 3 figure price for cash, and the slighty higher in-store credit offer.
    He also commented on the condition, saying they " never " see Parlophones in this condition, and he was really impressed.

When we arrived back, he was all smiles. Couldn't wait to write me a check, (as if I might change my mind any second), and mentioned Rubber Soul wasn't going in the bins...it was going home with him, where it would find a new, loving home. :laugh:

My point is...the Beatles albums were bought right here, in our classifieds, all at more than fair prices, which is what I received for them yesterday. But the condition...the condition for nearly 50 year-old vinyl is highly unusual, and getting more rare with each passing day.

We have some of the best sellers of vinyl, in America, right here !!!

Rickchick and Simon A like this.
  12. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Thanks for those kind words about the sellers here at the forum...It also takes a lot of really easy to deal with buyers as well, and a combination of the two make this forum something special.
    I do agree with you MYKE,it's always about the condition of vintage vinyl that makes it exciting to add to your collection. And as the years go by it becomes harder to find these albums in really good condition.
    The best line in your post above is:
    "Rubber Soul wasn't going in the bins...it was going home with him, where it would find a new, loving home."
    Each time I sell here on the forum that is what I think of as I'm packaging up the record or CD...someone is excited to get this and add it to his/her collection.
    And hey,I'm also a buyer so I too enjoy getting these new additions to my collection.

Thanks again MYKE

JF

rxcory and Simon A like this.
  13. Myke

Thanks Joe. The look on his face, the tone of his voice...this was a guy, younger than me, maybe older than my 29 year-old son, who genuinely loves the UK stereo Rubber Soul. He even talked about how Capitol "messed with" the track order for the US. My guess ? He's never owned a copy before, and this was like a dream come true for him.

I did a search today. Credit where credit's due : Blackie, and it was $35.00 from him to me.

Shawn and Simon A like this.
  14. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Hey,we all know that feeling....you made his day!!!!!

JF

15. Myke

Forum members

tubesandvinyl :

The Beatles Help ! Mono UK Parlophone

The Beatles Sgt. Pepper Mono UK Parlophone

DTB :

The Doors Strange Days Mono US Elektra

All 3 albums arrived yesterday, better than described. You could easily believe by focusing on the album in your hands, only...that you had been transported back to either 1965, or 1967.

When I sold those stereo Parlophones, and a few others last week. Well, that guy's reaction just reinforced how special the sellers here really are.

Remember these two names when buying vinyl in the classifieds now. Sure makes it easier to buy with such confidence.

Simon A likes this.
  16. Myke

We're All Chuck's Children...

Comes through BIG !!!!!!

Chuck Berry's One Dozen Berrys...March, 1958, making it 8 months older than me !?!?!?! and you'd never know it by looking at it !!!!

No splits on the jacket, no ringwear.

Vinyl shiny black, a few marks only an idiot would comment on. Gorgeous !!!!

Simon A likes this.
  17. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Thanks so much Myke! I really appreciate your kind words :)

It's always a pleasure sending records to you and my several other repeat purchasers...

Simon A likes this.
  18. Myke

Well, it's nearly 4 years later, and I've been retired nearly 3 years, and am in the process of adding my entire collection to the Discogs database.
    I asked that this thread be reopened, to let a certain few know I'm thinking of them, and still appreciating them !
    White label promos / UK vinyl / rare limited editions, you guys are the ones that did all the legwork, spent all the hours finding, grading, listing, for not very much profit from what I can see.

@Cassius , @klownschool , @Raunchnroll ...:tiphat:

19. Myke

Listening to a clean copy of the otherworldly All Things Must Pass , sounding as only it can, on vinyl. All 3 records clean, original paper liners intact, poster intact, spine on box completely intact.

Rick...this one was a work of Art. :tiphat:

Simon A and klownschool like this.
  20. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Nice thread :righton:
    I bought and sold not so much in the Classifieds (Vinyl only), but always I have had to do with great people here!

Myke likes this.
  21. Myke

Listening to a record I bought here in the classifieds...checking for the obvious skips, or damage.

The seller packed an album in...a large bubble mailer ?!?!? He used a single sheet of bubble wrap, and two empty album jackets as " padding."
    The top right corner of my $30.00 purchased jacket, along with the inner lyric sleeve, both bent...of course.

I'm sort of " in shock," as I've never seen such packing come out of this Forum before.
    If the record remains in the playable condition it's been playing in so far, that will obviously be a Blessing.

As far as feedback...I don't know what to do, short of not leaving any. I hesitate even PM'ing this member, as his perfect feedback score reflects other vinyl sales, so he must believe he's in the right shipping in this manner ?

@Cassius , @klownschool , @noname74 , @Raunchnroll ...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Sending an lp in a bubble mailer is certainly different. I would PM them and explain that it got to you beat up but that if it plays fine you're not going to ask for a refund (assuming that's the case) but that he may want to consider a different shipping method in future. As for Negative feedback I would only leave it if the LP didn't play satisfactorily and you weren't given a refund. If it plays fine and the seller takes your advice without offence or being rude to you I just wouldn't leave feedback for the transaction and leave it there.

klownschool, Shawn and Myke like this.
  23. Myke

Well, the album doesn't skip, but for being graded as NM, it has it's noisy places, though again, I can live with that as well.

24. Myke

I sent a PM to the seller, describing what I've said here, and suggesting standard album mailers. How this wasn't worse after 8 days on the road is beyond me.

25. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

That's amateur hour and unacceptable. Stay cool and if you're not happy get ALL of your cash back.

rxcory, Shawn and Myke like this.