Advice: Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-BS21-LR vs SP-BS22-LR speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tim S, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I put a full 5.1 "22" setup in the kid's side of our basement that we recently finished. The sub's not going to flap anyone's pant legs and only goes as low as the floorstanders, but the ability to optimally place it makes a difference and the system as a whole @ $550 is a really good value. TV & movies sound great with a 4 year old Denon AVR and the little music I played through the system sounded good with no glaring negatives.

Bill

SinnerSaint likes this.
  2. hellion

hellion Forum Resident

I'm quite content with the pair I got about a week ago, using it with my fiio X1 and a Yamaha HTA -6140,ordered one of those Monoprice hybrid tube amps to match up with them. Anxious to find out how they'll sound with it

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  3. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I'm using a pair of BS21's with the MP tube amp in a corner of my living room, and the combination makes for a very satisfying budget system.

At the end of the school year last June, my teenaged daughter had about 20 kids over for a "dance party," and they took turns connecting their portable devices to the MP's Bluetooth to play their favorite tunes. The amp was CRANKED, and I was very impressed that the amp and speakers were able to not only fill the crowded living room with loud, dynamic sound, but also do so without farting out on the bass.

4. hellion

hellion Forum Resident

Finally got around to purchasing a Pioneer SW-8MK2 subwoofer to go with my SP-BS22-LR s and my Nad 326. Very pleased with the sound.
    Can’t imagine someone not been satisfied with the sounds coming out of this set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.