Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

As soon as i get that photobucket thing i will for sure...

2. honestabe316

Ill. Take "chance" :)

3. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I placed my order this morning. When I checked my e-mail at home after work a shipping notice was waiting for me. My copy of Abraxas will be delivered this Saturday.

4. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Thanks!

5. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it's over the ocean right now, there's no turning back! :D :D :D

6. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I thought my Japanese pressing (25AP-814) beat the german ARS with the same detail and clarity that has been attributed to the 2016 MFSL. In the light of that opinion, and expecting the 1-step box, I consigned my ARS copy on ebay this week. I wanted to beat the MFSL releases, but MFSL caught me off guard with their sudden and unexpected announcement that they had shipped a couple of weeks ago. Since I had already pulled it to eBay, I let it be listed. I do not expect it to get it's top dollar in the wake of the MFSL release.

7. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Reading this post detailing the sonic fidelity of the Santana "Abraxas" MF UltraDisc One Step, and the ensuing collectors' frenzy...
    I can't help feeling disappointment.

In these times, why should anyone have to spend 3 to 4 times the cost of a "normally priced" vinyl LP to enjoy such quality?

Or, at minimum, isn't a $40 to $50 Mobile Fidelity LP supposedly priced to provide such superb and excellent sound?

I'm not debating the worth of this new release, nor the actual process...
    (Which, according to some posts, still has some flaws in quality control!!!)

Just a thought, trying to keep this all in perspective.

Robert C, ParanoidAndroid and Deano6 like this.
  8. Tensilversaxes

Tensilversaxes Well-Known Member

Beginning to think the numbering scheme is random. I ordered from Music Direct on Tuesday and received #15 today.

Bigbudukks likes this.
  9. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

I bought 2 and have no desire to flip. I'll play this one before drink.

10. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I won't believe this without a picture

Tullman likes this.
  11. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

My order of Love & Rockets' Earth, Sun, Moon has shipped! Two step. Not numbered. Cut by Kevin Gray. $24.98. This thread is fun and I just wanted to feel like I belong.

12. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

Caved. Purchased through mofi with "in stock" status. We'll see.

13. honestabe316

Nice....you beat my low number 62

14. Ricardo Cosinaro

Ricardo Cosinaro Forum Resident

I received my copy today. Ordered Monday. Number 811

15. SergioRZ

I really really want number 2500 :D That way I get to say "Last one you b*****s!"

16. honestabe316

I sort of think mofi puts aside a stack for vip's, supply reps, artists, etc....do they pull off the lowest (first) numbers to set aside? Who knows...i got #67,423, & 1 more coming...im happy with my 67 and will store it away in my damp basement or hot attic for several years (jk)...under bed still sealed in mofi shipping box and get 5 bills for it eventually....i will then open the highest number i get for my ears and havent figured what to do with other one yet....i did throw it on epay friday to see what interest i could generate and since friday have 315 views and 12 watchers...listed at $219.00 ....people already asking for pictures....its crazy...315 views??? But back to the point i am making...#15 is very low...i ordered 30 minutes after getting email announcement from mofi.com and got 67....a guy who ordered it 10 mins before me got 82.......it seems the low numbers are from mofi directly....and to get 15 he must have ordered immediately after getting the email.....it came at 2:57 pm eastern standard time on 10/28....in case anyone wants to see if that time matches when they got thier email.....15 is crazy...i would love to see the pic...

17. Tensilversaxes

18. Tensilversaxes

[​IMG]
    Nope, ordered on Tuesday from MD and got number 15.

19. honestabe316

That blows m
    There goes my theory out the door...lol...im getting another on tues from mofi.com...im sure itll be high....im happy with my 67 though...didnt expect that....your in the <100 too..:goodie:

20. SergioRZ

Can we please forget the numbers? Even MoFi doesn't care... they probably sent #1 to some kid with a Crosley...

21. Tensilversaxes

I tried to post a pic but it just says, [​IMG]

22. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Is anyone actually playing this thing...or is this just the Forum's equivalent to buying stocks?

Joti Cover, Kyhl, Guss2 and 1 other person like this.
  23. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Really? People bitch about off topics now we can't discuss details on topic? You are so egotistical that you think you can control what I want to discuss? Sorry but my answer to your question is...no

24. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

Numbers are cool, sounds are better. That's what most wanna hear about anyway, at least I think? I'm not sure about anything anymore

Guss2 and Blue Cactus like this.
  25. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Ok, I'm a bit confused..
    I pre-ordered this in August from MusiDirect and have yet to receive it. Others have posted that they ordered it a week ago and already have it in hand. To make matters worse, I actually live about 30 miles from MusicDirect. What the hell??!!

Kyhl and FashionBoy like this.