Led Zeppelin HotH SUPER DELUXE BOX $34.99

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by SJP, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought I scored a great deal on eBay, snagging Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy Super Deluxe box for $55 plus $6.99 for shipping. It arrived today in pristine shape, packaged by the seller to perfection. Having vetted the deal, I had in mind to share it here but there was a card inside the shipping box with a link direct to the seller's website. I went ahead and took a look and was shocked to find the same box for $34.99!!!

Led Zeppelin House of The Holy (Super Deluxe Box Set) »

I cannot complain because I'm pretty pleased with the price I paid (along with further reduction by using some eBay bucks I had to get rid of) and am glad to pass this even better deal along to everyone here. Unsure how many they have in stock (the eBay listing shows 8 available). Apparently they have FREE SHIPPING as well, wow!

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They have great deals on the following though.....

[​IMG]
    David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (Vinyl)

Qty:
    $12.99 $12.99
    ()
    Gift Wrapping: Add (Change or Remove)
    Gift Message:
    • [​IMG]

Tjazz, Mike N. and Davidmk5 like this.
  3. SJP

The LZ disappeared rather quickly, I hope someone here nabbed it. But there is still the eBay deal out there which is still pretty nice...

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (Super Deluxe Box Set) 81227958305 | eBay »

The Merch Outlet site doesn't have a huge music selection but there are some choice titles available. And what I really like is that the site seems to drop items when no longer available. I ordered a handful of albums and while most remain available (suggesting multiple copies), one dropped soon after I placed my order (Atoms for Peace vinyl).

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Thnx OP, got Jack WHite's Lazaretto and Talk Talk's Laughing Stock for $22.98 shipped :edthumbs:

5. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

Thanks. Hunky Dory was already gone, but I just ordered Bowie Nothing Has Changed & Ziggy along with Queen and Talking Heads. Great deal!

6. masterbucket

Tjazz likes this.
  7. Diffuse

Diffuse Member

Thanks for sharing this! I picked up a few things yesterday. :)

8. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

Thanks. Great deals. Grabbed a few.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

for those sifting through this thread and wondering, like i was, "who is this seller?!", it's Merchandise Outlet.

for those who who have ordered from them, are they reputable? i've never heard of them.

10. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

I've never dealt with them before but the fact that they have physical stores makes this seem less risky to me than buying from an Amazon pop up seller.

GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  11. SJP

^^^ I agree.

Like I said, my HotH Super Deluxe arrived in perfect condition. Not sure I've ever seen greater care taken in shipping. I have no reason to expect anything different when it comes to the albums I ordered from them.

GentleSenator likes this.
  12. Diffuse

Diffuse Member

I purchased three different albums in two orders, and both packages arrived today. All albums arrived in perfect condition with no bent corners, etc. Excellent experience!! :)

13. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

The record I ordered showed up in a used mailer with no padding. The record was actually hanging out of the sleeve by about an inch when I opened the package. I sent them a message, hoping I hear back about a refund.

14. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

I also received my order (three albums) shipped in used record mailers. Two seperate record mailers taped together to make a single package. Not too impressive looking, but my records arrived in perfect condition. To play devil's advocate that could be a recipe for disaster as mentioned in the previous comment. If they are serious about selling records they really need to invest in some cheap Lp mailers.

That being said, I scored some great deals from them and will be watching their offerings in the future. Thanks to the OP on this deal. Now we have one more bargain source to keep an eye on. Thanks?:cop: :doh:

15. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

16. masterbucket

17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Got my two lp's today shipped in an lp mailer hat was re-used (amazon style mailer) no complaints at all lp's look good so far .
    Thanks to the OP for posting the link :)

18. SJP

I'm glad to see that more of the LZ-HotH boxes were made available at the crazy-low price.

In the meantime, my pile of LP's arrived today. Consistent with some of the other reports, mine came in a used Amazon box but it was packaged with enough care that the albums came through unscathed. One title (Radiohead Moon Shaped Pool) has a very small amount of crushing on one corner but it is really inconsequential, certainly not a result of shipping. Everything else looks really good.

This is one situation where the end doesn't justify the means. I think more care should be taken when it comes to shipping LP's. And in hindsight, I'm guessing the HotH box had impeccable packing because that is likely how it was shipped to them.

Funny, one album (Atoms For Peace triple LP) has what appears to be a price sticker from where this retailer purchased the album, $1.99!!! Now that is a link I want, where do we get new vinyl for $1.99?!?!

19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Didn't Urban outfitters do a few $1.99 blowout vinyl sales in stores ?

20. SJP

Unsure what the source is, I just thought it was kind of funny that the sale price tag was still affixed (unless of course this was the price out of one of their B&M locations which I seriously doubt).

Regardless, I'm not overly concerned about what they got it for because I bought the album at a price which I felt was pretty fair, otherwise I wouldn't have made the purchase.

Incidentally, the aforementioned Radiohead album was the first one I cracked open given what I had read about the pressings. Mine is a black vinyl version and it sounds amazingly clean. That was a gamble given the quality reports that came out upon the album's release. It happens that this title is once again available on the MO site.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool (Vinyl) »

BTW, I appreciate the thanks expressed for sharing this site. I have benefited from many others sharing of deals and while there is sometimes some cynicism out there when it comes to the potential of tipping off flippers, I was glad to have the chance to share this with you all. Keep in mind that it came out of a simple good deal on eBay, I had no idea that the site existed until I received their advertisement in my original purchase. Once I learned of it, I shared immediately which is really the engine which keeps this really fun (& expensive!) portion of the SHF going.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  21. masterbucket

They had 9 more LZ HOH sets listed earlier this morning.......

22. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

Following up on my first post: they responded very quickly and sent a replacement copy in just a few days. Really excellent and friendly customer service.

(Unfortunately the 2nd copy was somewhat warped, but it plays fine - good enough for me!)

Davidmk5 likes this.
  23. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I get page not found when I click that link...Must have sold out :(

24. hype

hype Forum Resident

The super deluxe is back, I was able to just grab one and it looks like 3 more are still left.

25. popscene

popscene Senior Member

They went quick. I had one in my cart that was gone by the time I checked out. I did, however, pick up the 2x 45 Peter Gabriel "Scratch" for $16.99 (which now also appears to be gone).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.