Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

Request: for those of you who have received your box, and DID NOT receive the extra OBC bonus CD (outside of the main box), could you please tell us who you ordered from? Thanks much...

2. Wyd Syatt

Wyd Syatt Forum Resident

You seem to remember the details quite well ;-)
    Thanks for your answer Chris.

3. contort25

contort25 Member

I would advise you do. Brilliant packaging, box within another box with padding and disk guaranteed as they never open original box

mark renard and RonBaker like this.
  4. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

I still haven't received an email telling me mine has shipped from pinkfloyd.com and when I go to the login, it tells me the date it was paid. So, it looks like I won't be listening to it today.

5. contort25

contort25 Member

Did you choose standard delivery or express next day?

ranasakawa likes this.
  6. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Mine shipped from Amazon UK today, now the waiting for the week or so it takes to get to the US is the hardest part. (well that and the knife stab into my checking account to purchase it.)

bcaulf and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  7. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

USPS Priority...cost $27

8. contort25

contort25 Member

Strange then. From us pink Floyd site or uk?

9. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

from the US site. When I preordered the vinyl of "Obscured by Clouds" from them, they didn't even ship it until a week after the release date.

10. Rosscoger

Rosscoger Forum Resident

So, my first box from Amazon UK arrived without the OBC bonus CD (and many other issues). The replacement box that has just arrived was perfectly packed (in the manufacturer's packaging) and contained the bonus CD.

11. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

Wow, tracking info says it will arrive tomorrow :yikes:. That would be a 48h delivery from Amazon UK to Germany. Suppose it is a national sending.

12. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

My reaction to 'In The Beechwoods': I do not like this mix. Syd's guitar sounds neutered, and too far back in the mix so, I am to understand that the drums that are mixed center and should be the focus? man, what a let down. The tone of Syd's guitar sounds nothing like Syd's guitar tone usually sounds. . .was this on purpose? The song is really cool, and obviously I am glad we got it, but the mix reminds me of everything I find wrong about the 'Barrett' album; too polished and no guts. Just my two cents.

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

This thread is still running? lol^^

Rne likes this.
  14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

The present-day thread refuses to die!

15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I think this version is included (in both compilation and box set) because the mono mix is much more rare than the stereo version.
    The original (mono) single mix wasn't available on any official PF release since the 'Point Me At The Sky' single back in 1968. So, in fact, this is a great inclusion, no matter how good or bad it sounds.

Flaming Torch and turnersmemo like this.
  16. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It was included on the Shine On box set, I think.

Nick Dunning likes this.
  17. Is this mono mix here different than the one on the Singles CD from the Shine On Box set?

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'm so jealous. Have fun with both sets, man!

stepeanut likes this.
  19. Raf

Raf Senior Member

No.

Pete Puma likes this.
  20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I don't have the Cre/ation comp yet, but I bet the song was new remastered. So yeah, it is different maybe.^^

21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

S*** I forgot. Say hello to my sleepy brain!^^
    But I think the song has a new remaster so this could sound a bit different, dynamic wise.^^

22. The box set was mastered by Doug Sax so I don't hold much hope this will sound any better. I do agree that since Relics is readily available and it includes the stereo mix, putting the mono mix here makes more since.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  23. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

My box is still "Preparing for Dispatch," and I ordered on July 28. Maybe I'll get that super fast UPS delivery again, which will make up for the wait.

Kalli likes this.
  24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

About 'Arnold Layne'

Yes, a stereo remix maybe!!!!???

25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

If anyone buys this, could you check for any upsampling? We've already had reports Flaming is lossy on the CD, so I'll assume this track isn't going to be real hi-res. The other tracks I wonder about are the 2010 remixes. I would think they were done in hi-res, but the Introduction album never saw a hi-res release, so we couldn't be sure until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.