Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Thanks!

It's been a fantastic day, so far, and I've still only scratched the surface. I'm bouncing between the two sets at the moment. Currently on disc 2 of Cambridge St/ation.

It took me several hours to go through all the physical contents of the Floyd box carefully. Given that I ordered both from Amazon UK, and the delivery box they arrived in was splitting at the seams under the weight, I consider myself highly fortunate that both box sets are in mint condition outside and in.

Fungusmungus and andrewskyDE like this.
  2. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Mine still says it's preparing for dispatch. Would it be wise to send an email to Amazon UK to ensure that it is handled with care and that the bonus disc is included? Or should I trust that it will be just fine?

3. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Both "Arnold Layne" and "Candy and a Currant Bun" were mixed into mono for the single. Both have never been given a stereo mix, though the four-track master tapes still exist in the EMI tape archive.
    Arnold Layne - Wikipedia » They lost a great chance for this box.

4. You're asking in the wrong thread....

bcaulf and Hattipper like this.
  5. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Should this be in pricing? I'm still anticip/ating :D

6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I know. But we discussed earlier about Remixing the track (and Candy, too) in stereo. Weird that they still didn't make something with that.

7. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Mine came in the original manufacturer's cardboard box, with the OBC disc sitting inside, on top of the box set. Amazon then placed this inside of their own cardboard box with a couple of those air packs. It was delivered by Amazon Logistics, within the UK, which is usually a safer bet than Royal Mail.

For those living abroad who have ordered from Amazon UK, I hope they use a sturdier outer box than they delivered mine in.

8. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Mine is being dispatched from S.a.r.l. EU as the seller and I chose standard shipping because the delivery day was only one day longer and was no extra charge. Guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and deal with them later if there's any issue.

9. gingerly

gingerly Change Returns Success

Massive loss, imho.

10. contort25

contort25 Member

Don't know if anyone thanked you but brilliant job. Helped loads when I uploaded to iTunes so cheers

11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Don't thank me, it's Andrew's work. He's got a great eye and lots of talent. I was just able to track it down

Simon A, Hattipper and andrewskyDE like this.
  12. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

RE 'Sunshine':
    I forgot to mention earlier, the compilers of the 'Have You Got It Yet' cds have also attributed the piece to a Sept 4th '67 session, claiming it's an excerpt from an untitled instrumental recorded then [which is listed in Random Precision] . But really, we're still none of us any the wiser. There is a version that falsely extends it by mixing a backwards edit into it, but there's no actual 'new' playing on that.

Still waiting on my box, which was supposed to be dispatched today but it's all gone silent. Hopefully they're just making extra sure the packaging's A-1 and that extra disc is in there...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  13. Jason68

Jason68 Member

I purchased the 2 CD compilation. I will try to report back my findings. In the end, I cannot go further than that and not be buying stuff I already own. That's just a bridge too far.

14. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

My God, enough already with the bluray progressive resolution scan!

JimSpark, bobloblaw, anth67 and 5 others like this.
  15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I still have to wait for the arrival of my copy of 'Cre/ation'. Looks like I will get it next week.

16. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Just got my box from Amazon and it was triple boxed. Absolutely perfect. There was a bonus disc inside the inner box that say's "Replacement Disc for 2016 stereo mix of Pink Floyd 'Live in Pompei" supplied in error. Since I've not read the entire thread can someone please tell me what this is about?

17. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Likewise. Today's a holiday so I'll likely get it tomorrow or Monday

andrewskyDE likes this.
  18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I start to think mine will come next Monday at the earliest.^^

19. When they put the box together, they made a mistake. They accidentally added a cd of the live at Pompeii remix in the space that is supposed to house the OBC remix. The extra cd outside the box should be the OBC remix.

20. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Thanks

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  21. rcrawley

rcrawley Gotta keep on movin and groovin...

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK a while back and surprisingly the box arrived today on the west coast US via UPS (the tracking info didn't expect arrival until Monday). I haven't opened the inner box yet but the packaged arrived as Stepeanut described with the extra CD in the manufacture's box, all inside a standard Amazon shipping box. I have to say it's thankfully much smaller than I had expected, so that's a nice bonus. :)

stepeanut and Hattipper like this.
  22. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Maybe that means I'll get mine earlier than the expected arrival date too... :)

23. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

Please keep shipping comments to the shipping thread.

Please.

I beg you.

Also, gorts, can this thread be closed now that the thing is out? Shouldn't everything be happening in the Realiz/ation thread now?

24. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Some people are still anticip/ating!

25. Esperanzan

Esperanzan Well-Known Member

Surprised no-one has actually posted detailed pictures of their box. Mine is due to arrive on Thursday (even with priority shipping...) and the unboxing session didn't really show much, so I'd like to see the layout, pictures of all books with memorabilia, larger items etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.