Led Zeppelin HotH SUPER DELUXE BOX $34.99

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by SJP, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

8 Deluxe LZ Houses left right now.....don't delay......$34.99 with free shipping.
    Grab u sum!!

Reese likes this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Just got one!
    Also bought Jack White, and Tool!

3. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I just picked one up. I don't know why I bought it...... I'm supposed to be purging a thousand items instead of buying... :shrug:

4. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I hear you. I was just about to place my order when I was able to fight myself off. The price was difficult to pass up.

5. stimpdad

stimpdad Member

For anyone on the fence about buying or not I can tell you that Merchandise Outlet is shipping these in the original factory shipping boxes. I just received 3 of these (2 as gifts) and they got to me in mint condition. The factory boxes are pretty bomb proof, so unless someone is being extra rough handling these they should get to you in one piece. Tremendous deal.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

:laughup: I feel your pain :doh:

7. Lebowski

...and just got shipping notification! That was fast. Was leery of using this website, but perhaps things will be okay.

8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I had great luck with my last order , both lp's arrived here really quick & in one piece .....

9. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Thanks to the original poster for this deal.

I've been periodically checking the page for several days and finally scored one earlier today.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

what baffles me is how many of these sets keep popping up & why is it only this album ? is this the only one that did not sell well ?

11. masterbucket

[​IMG]

Davidmk5 likes this.
  12. hype

hype Forum Resident

I have seen a few others get to around the $40 mark but missed them so it is not just this one. I know part of the description for the super deluxe sets was "This first-pressing release includes an individually numbered high-quality print of the album cover art (one of 30,000)." I am sure there were not that many complete packages and they probably sold the print on there own somewhere maybe? Either way they made a TON of these and with the very high price for just one album most people are not going to go for it. Same reason you have been seeing so many of the normal non-boxset deluxe versions going for such great prices off and on for quite some time.

I am hoping more deals like this pop up for a few more since I already have most of the reissues along with the majority of the originals but these super deluxe boxes are nice if the price is right.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

tmtomh likes this.
  14. masterbucket

up again....1 left

15. Lebowski

That Makita drill for 50 bucks seems like a good deal too...

:shh:

16. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Wish I could time this better and grab one of these deals, I really could use another "box." Mine arrived damaged along the spine from the week they went on sale originally. Its the only blemish on the entire set of Deluxe Editions for me. Rhino replaced a few damaged or blemished LPs but couldn't do anything about the box itself for HOTH.

tmtomh likes this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident Thread Starter

Let's talk about MO & returns.

After my eBay HOTH arrived and my eyes were opened to this site, I promptly ordered a bunch of albums. Two of these were absolute crap pressings. Speaking In Tongues by Talking Heads was grossly unlistenable. That was immediately earmarked for return for which MO said "no problem" and asked that I ensure that my return postage price was clear so they could reimburse me. A few days later as I was spending some quality time with my other purchases, it became evident that Bowie's Nothing Has Changed had some annoying skips on side 4/China Girl. As the album spun closer to the end, more tics emerged on Absolute Beginners and finally became unlistenable on the final song due to being off-center. I alerted MO that this too would be coming back (much to my chagrin, I really wanted this album as well and may have kept it if China Girl was the only flaw) and again, no problem.

Keep in mind that most of the pressings I obtained were sweet. Mirror Shaped Pool, Atoms for Peace, Ziggy, Hunky, London Calling, etc (seems there is another one or two that I'm forgetting...oh yeah, Laughing Stock). Such is the world we live in when buying new vinyl.

18. Diffuse

Diffuse Member

Weird! My copy of Speaking in Tongues from MO is flawless!

SJP likes this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bastard!!! ;)

It's kind of funny, my wife walked in as I had put this album on for the first time and she was like WTF??? It really was a poor pressing. I've put up with a multitude of very minor flaws in my little vinyl renaissance but these two albums were the first returns I've had to do.

20. Lebowski

On my super deluxe HOTH there's a lot of distortion in the right channel on "The Ocean." Anybody else experience this?

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

on the vinyl? yeah, that was a known issue unfortunately. many of us opted for the EU pressing which didn't have the defect.

22. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

That's a known US pressing defect that has since been corrected. I received a replacement by sending an e-mail to dr.rhino with a picture of my sales receipt. I would try sending an e-mail to see if they are still providing replacements. Have patience though. Response is not always prompt, but they will get to you. Eventually.

23. Lebowski

Interesting. I wonder if Merchandise Outlet is selling these so cheaply because they got a batch of the defective discs. Factory seconds, or something like that.

Thanks for the info. I sent an email to Rhino.

24. Lebowski

Already got a response from them:

Thank you for your email.
    We will order up a replacement and send it out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Rhino

superstar19 and Reese like this.
  25. masterbucket

[​IMG]

19.99......free shipping
    45 rpm version

azjvm05 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.