Voyage of Time (2016)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Knight of Cups was a bit of a chore for me, but The Tree of Life was an absolute joy!

2. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large Thread Starter

no, the longer will be at Toronto Film Festival.

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I stand (sit) corrected.

4. masswriter

the first reviews are out - as always, divisive right down the middle.

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

What the heck? I just went to check on the status of this movie and I see it came and went already! How did I miss this? Was this in the theater for The blink of an eye? What happened?

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Limited release. I don't think it ever came here, which really annoyed me.

Ghostworld likes this.
  7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ghostworld likes this.
  8. masswriter

it will be available via IMAX for at least a year. You have to inquire to theater if they will ever get it. I have to fly to Austin to see it in December.

Ghostworld likes this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I would love to see this in IMAX. I watched he creation sequence in Tree of Life three times the other day. I just kept replaying it. That whole film is so great. I just love how it tries to encapsulate ever aspect of life and the stages of growing up. It's simply one of the best, most original film masterpieces ever created. I just can't stop watching it when I put it on. Maybe i am not as in love with the Sean Penn sequences, which is why Knight of Cups wasn't a success for me. Adult life isn't as seminal or universal or elemental as childhood.

I didn't really think that deeply about the nightgown in the river sequence before until the other day. I'm glad I never got that Oedipedal growing up! That was a bit unusual. Sometimes I question Freuds validity.

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Oh, it's LA at the Science Center. Tomorrow is the last day! Wow four hours of driving to see it. I'm not sure....

11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

So I had to pay beaucoup bucks (on my scale) to import this on Blu Ray on ebay...

Terrible film. Not worthy of Malick at all. Some fantastic computer animation shots (which I was hoping for more of) but the majority of the film is very haphazardly constructed and it feels like a rush job assemblage of so-so footage. There's the framework of "the history of earth" but if feels as if someone scooped up an assortment of news and nature clips from YouTube and loosely edited them together in a rush, without any real artistry. Complete let down. No wonder it was never released in the U.S.

12. masswriter

It will be in America, probably this spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.