First purchase on SpinCDs (UK online retailer) = bad experience

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Music Geek, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Take a screen grab of your account page to show they haven't sent it and then do a charge back with your card company, at this rate they won't be able to process payments soon, what a stupid way to ruin what was a business with a decent reputation.

2. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yeah it was The Santana - Abraxas One step so I figured I would wait as I wouldn't get another copy. Probably lost out now so equally annoyed about that but I may just give it till early next week before I do the chargeback.

I think they order a few units from US suppliers and then forward from their offices. 24 hours despatch it said on their page and I ordered it on 21st November. If they were honest, people's expectations would be adjusted accordingly but there you go.

Thanks for the advice :righton:

3. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

5. Joe Chip

Joe Chip Forum Resident

Just recently had my own bad experience with SpinCDs. I will never do business with them again. Ordered an OOP Eyeless in Gaza box set from them that they indicated was "in stock"; placed the order, my card was charged. After two weeks, status updates on my order page still indicated 'processing', with no shipping date to be had. Numerous emails & communiqués sent to them for updates were never replied to. I've already contacted my credit card company and cancelled the order. Caveat emptor.

6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

If it's a credit card you are protected, as for anyone who hasn't got their money back I'd suggest contacting Trading Standards, they can and will take action as it looks like they really shouldn't be trading anymore.

7. SinisterGinger

SinisterGinger Forum Resident

I'm having bother cancelling my order through SpinCds. I've been messaging over the past two weeks and haven't had a response.

Joe Chip and richbdd01 like this.
  8. Joe Chip

Joe Chip Forum Resident

...and you won't get one. As I mentioned in my own post, this outfit either doesn't exist (any longer), doesn't care to reply, or could care less about conducting ethical business practices. After three attempts and their lack of acknowledgment regarding my messages, I took the matter up with my credit card company directly, who already rescinded the charge and are investigating the initial transaction. My advice is to take the same course of action.

SinisterGinger and Dubmart like this.
  9. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Funnily enough they shipped my order today with UPS tracking and it has been collected and is on its way...

I'm holding my breath...

I just by chance managed to catch the owner on the phone this morning. I wanted to shout down the phone at him but managed to stay civil. I did insist on receiving a tracking number.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    SinisterGinger likes this.
  10. SinisterGinger

I tried phoning today but never got through. I contacted my bank today as you advised. They are investigating it now.

11. SinisterGinger

I'll try to phone them tomorrow morning. I tried this afternoon and never got through. It just kept ringing out.

12. hkd224

hkd224 New Member

I also have ca 15 cds and boxes by the Grateful dead limited edition since april 2016 that i have not recieved. And some Jerry garcia ordered 2012.

13. norliss

norliss Forum Resident

This has all the hallmarks of a business going down the pan. I remember DVD Soon in Canada behaving exactly the same before they went down the plughole.

14. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I actually received my Mofi one step Santana boxset last month. Remarkable considering how difficult the item is to come by anyway. I only paid £109 aswell...

I had to badger him a bit but was relieved and had previously rung the bank about doing a chargeback...I was that resigned to losing my money until it finally arrived.

15. norliss

norliss Forum Resident

You did well there. Compared to the prices on Discogs, £109 is practically a bargain!

richbdd01 likes this.
  16. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Tell me about it! When it was delivered, I couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Really happy in the end but absolutely terrible communication and delays. I wouldn't use again as it's a risk that I fortunately got away with. I only became aware of the bad reputation when it got to about 2-3 weeks after ordering and thinking something might not be right. They do order it in I think after you pay...even if it says 'in stock'.

17. hkd224

hkd224 New Member

How am i going to go on from here to get my Money back???

18. sacdfan

sacdfan Forum Resident

I ordered a Barclay James Harvest set from spincds last year, they immediately charged my credit card. Over the next two months I chased them up by email, which they ignored, and numerous phone calls which normally went unanswered, when they did answer they told me that they were still waiting a delivery. I could see that cd was readily available everywhere so I asked them for a refund which luckily they arranged for me.
    I would never order from them again or trust any mail order company who charge you before your order is in stock.

19. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I kept calling him whilst at work, he'd never answer it but I kept hitting redial. Eventually he answereed on about the 60th try...he said my item had just arrived and said he would send today. I insisted on the getting the tracking number which he emailed shortly after!

20. hkd224

hkd224 New Member

Today i wrote them to refund the Jerry Garcia Cds i ordered in 2012. See what happens.I still have cds of Grateful Dead waiting for me for ca 2000 Swedish Crowns. I´m not a business man and i have Always trusted in people that likes my kind of Music from the "old hippie era".

21. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

22. rocknrollroy

rocknrollroy Active Member

I just had a bad experience with Spin CD's. I ordered an item on May 3, which was supposed to be in stock. After a week or so, I e-mailed them when I discovered that my order was still in the "processing" mode. Someone answered back saying that the item was on backorder and would be available again soon. I waited and I finally got disgusted with them. I e-mailed them twice more and never received anymore responses from them. I asked them for a refund, but they did not cancel my order or refund my money. Finally, I called my bank and submitted a claim against them. Now, I have my money back, plus the foreign conversion fee. I will NEVER deal with Spin CD's again.

23. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Just last week I noticed Spin came up in a search, I was really surprised that they are still in business, just how many card charge backs does it take before the banks pull the plug on processing their orders? Somebody should put this business out of it's misery and save lots more people the grief of non arriving orders and getting their money back.

richbdd01 likes this.
  24. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

I don't understand what's going on here, I get an email almost daily from them , surly some of this stock is being sent out?

25. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Not sure how much, I didn't receive anything I ordered and judging by this thread I'm far from alone, they used to be a good company, but that was some time ago and now they are one to avoid at all costs as you are very unlikely to get what you order, I've no idea why they continue to list new products and send out their emails, it's all very strange.

Beaneydave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.