Numero Group site wide sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by inaptitude, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

Finally took the plunge on a couple of those Unwound band box sets...so cheap.

black sheriff likes this.
  2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I wish the Peel Sessions was still available.

3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

For people in the UK Amazon have been doing some of the sale titles at pretty good prices, as low as £17, but several under £20, not as good as US prices, but the best I've seen most of them for over here, unfortunately the Eccentric Soul box isn't one of them and it's £480.:eek:

I looked again and realised that the Eccentric Soul box was the MP3 version and not the vinyl, that makes me feel better.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

As you've mentioned, here in the states the sale works out to a pretty good deal. I ordered two 2xLP sets for US$15/each. Regular price US$25/each. The shipping was US$4.55. So US$34.55 total. US$17.27/28 each is a pretty good deal over here. They just take forever to ship.

I'll trade you our Numero Group prices for your Soul Jazz prices. :D

johnnypaddock and Dubmart like this.
  5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Doesn't Ernie B do Soul Jazz? I have to say that Soul Jazz seem expensive to me these days, £20+, although I remember when I was selling them in the 1990s and the dealer price was around £5.50, that's why I have trouble coming to terms with current retail pricing.

6. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Yeah, I hear you. I remember some of the older pricing.

Yes, Ernie B's does carry some Soul Jazz titles. Problem is, I just placed an order for a few Reggae Archive Records that ate up my budget. :D

Dubmart likes this.
  7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I just checked. Ernie B's has 23 Soul Jazz vinyl titles in stock. They run about US$26, more or less. Lately, I've been picking up Greensleeves vinyl from VP instead. Better value and some very good releases. Just picked up all the Scientist reissues on vinyl.

Sorry for the thread crap. Back to the Numero deals.

8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Funnily enough I just picked up some of the Numero Eclectic Soul titles for around £5 less than current Soul Jazz titles would cost me, it really doesn't make sense, as for VP titles they are cheap, but there are reasons for that, the Scientists are pretty essential, especially if you don't have originals, I just picked up the Keith Hudson "Pick A Dub", great for the money with the extra LP of vocals, I haven't played it yet, but visually the LPs look absolutely fine, cheap sleeve though.

9. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Thanks for the sale notice, black sheriff. Just ordered the Syl Johnson Mythology box for $ 50.00! I've been wanting this for a long time. If only I could order some more!!!!

10. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

That's a great box and a fantastic price, enjoy!

11. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Can't wait. Numero sent mp3 download for it but I want to experience it physically.

12. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Is the sale over? I couldn't find the "sale" part of the site.

13. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

The sale is still going today (see that #CYBERCRIME header on the main screen). You only see the sale prices when you look up the individual items as far as I know.
    I'm thinking today is the last day of the sale.

14. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Ordered December 3rd. It's now December 20 and nothing but a shipping label. So much for their 3 day shipping policy. OK, complaint over. The price is so low, I must take that into consideration.

15. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

This happened to me last year during this sale... I think they get hammered with orders around this time. I finally emailed them after about a month, and the next day the package happened to show up. They were pretty responsive to my email as well.

16. srsch

srsch Senior Member

I emailed them on Monday, but no reply (yet).

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

It took about 30 days for me to receive my records last year. This year took a couple of weeks. Like @johnnypaddock said, I think they got hammered during this sale. Good company. Be patient, they'll show up.

18. MetallicSquink

MetallicSquink Forum Resident

I follow Numero on Twitter. About a week ago, they posted the following photo, along with a caption indicating USPS hadn't picked up packages for five consecutive days:

[​IMG]

To echo the sentiments of others here, Numero is an excellent company and does right by its customers. Rest assured your package will arrive.

19. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Mine came with a baseball card.

lightbulb, notesofachord and phish like this.
  20. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I have these 4, can confirm you did pretty good. the Light on the South Side book is amazing. So is Purple Snow, you know, if you feel like going back for more...hahaha

21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

:laugh: Mine too, and a couple of show flyers.

lightbulb and George Blair like this.
  22. srsch

srsch Senior Member

I got a reply from Numero. It seems the USPS is slowing the delivery down. Patience is a virtue. I do love all the releases I've got on this label.

23. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Oh, I went back for more alright. This year I picked up:

Eccentric Soul - The Forte Label
    Eccentric Soul - The Bandit Label
    Eccentric Soul - The Young Disciples
    Willie Wright
    Syl Johnson - Complete Mythology

My only complaint is that the Syl box has a ton of damage from shipping... Oh, and no baseball card! Hahahah. I love that they throw stuff like that into packages sometimes.

beercanchicken and black sheriff like this.
  24. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Willie Wright - Telling the Truth is so great.
    I already had the CD (plus 5" record), but picked up the LP w/45 from this sale.

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Numero Group is at it again. From their Facebook page:

GOING OUT OF CD BUSINESS
    This weekend only, our entire pre-2017 CD inventory is on sale for $5 per disc. We are letting our entire CD catalog go out of print, and need your help to make it happen. This deal is only available at www.numerogroup.com. Don't be a fool.

Numero Group

...and their shipping is very reasonable.

johnnypaddock and notesofachord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.