YES "Fly From Here" with re-recorded vocals in 2017?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Musician95616, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zen

zen Senior Member

That's only if Trevor Horn can improve upon the current (official) vocal performance. Quite the task, IMO.

sound chaser likes this.
  2. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Egads, no.

rjp likes this.
  3. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

I'm okay with this, it's a good song and the rest of the album was good if I recall. Will be a more proper album with him anyway.

EDIT: There's a 1980 demo of the suite that sounds really good.

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't think this would be very difficult.

5. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Somebody must have thought that Benoît David's Fly was undone.

6. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

[​IMG]

7. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

That has nothing to do with the topic.

Why does every thread about anything Yes related always result in posts that the current lineup of Yes is not acceptable and that they must cease and desist? Why do Steve Howe, Alan White, Geoff Downes, Billy Sherwood and Jon Davison not have the right to perform music as Yes when they've all helped create Yes music?

That's a rhetorical question by the way, no responses necessary. It's not related to the topic.

8. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

I appreciate your opinion, but, I dug it a lot. I like the original LP as well.

9. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Performing artists perform. They love it. This is why you see some big acts of the past performing in relatively small clubs.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Aggie87 likes this.
  10. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

You're still new here. A certain segment of the SH.tv are the arbiters of "legacy." That means that no group should continue to tour and/or record after their designated cut off point...simply because they said so.

11. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

It seems quite possible this will replace the album as originally recorded which would make it quite different from adding something new to the catalog.

Musician95616 likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yes needs to call it a day. they had a great run, they can't possibly need the money, move on.

as i stated above, horn and creme need to regather the producers.

13. Norbert Becker

Norbert Becker Senior Member

So you also feel that King Crimson, the Who and Stones should cease and there should be no Kinks reunion I presume?

Aggie87 likes this.
  14. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

thats crazy! is this the 1st time a band has re-released an album w/ a diff. lead singer. it reminded me of kate bush directors cut a little too i think. wow. usu after a project is already done its like: what is, is. but they are going to revisit it!

15. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

-oh yea Benoit David is going to be pissed!!!!

16. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

And U2. And Blue Oyster Cult. Deep Purple. And that damn Jimmie Vaughan who I see in Austin pretty often. He's gotta stop.

Oh, and Eric Clapton's WAYYYYYYYYYYYY past his prime. Get him off the stage forever. He has no right to be up there anymore, and can't possibly need the money.

bizmopeen likes this.
  17. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Yawn.

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

king crimson i cannot comment on, as i am only a casual fan.

the who, what's the difference, 'endless wire' was horrible (they do NOT play a single song from 'endless wire" in concert) and the 2 of them are are now touring as an oldies act, playing songs that are 40+ years old because they have nothing new to offer. just like journey since perry left, they have released 3 albums and an EP, yet they don't play one single song off of those records in concert.

the stone though, are a very viable band, jagger, richards and watts have been there for the duration and wood has been there long enough to be a stone. and if jagger left, anf the stones tried to cary onwith a different lead singer it would be as big a disaster as the last 2 yes albums.....at least 'drama' had most of yes still involved.

and the kinks have been gone...for a long long time.

seed_drill likes this.
  19. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Effective immediately, all discussion about the band Yes must stop. Because the current band should not be allowed to tour.

That unilateral decision nullifies any reason for talking about anything Yes related.

20. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I can imagine that they need the money. The venues are getting smaller and they haven't had a bona fide hit single since 1987, which is before Dave Grohl's entire career and Taylor Swift's entire life.

Horn and Crème sounds like a British pub that specializes in decadent desserts.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

have you heard "made in basing street" by the producers?

22. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Neither does your post. No reply needed!

23. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

If they want to re-work a disappointing product,
    HEAVEN AND EARTH desperately needs an overhaul.
    At least a remix with some weight.

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  24. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

How did you feel about Gary Cherone fronting Van Halen?

25. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Senior Member

Very interesting! While I agree with those who feel that Benoit David's performances are very good and often very reminiscent of Horn, as a big fan of Drama, I can't help but to have often wondered what FFH would have sounded like with Horn's actual vocals rather than a high quality homage. I will definitely buy this if it comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.