Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Don't trust that statement until you test it out. For some reason all my attempts a couple weeks ago were popping up with that message. I believed it so I didn't order the items. This happened for a couple items from the U.K. and Canada even though others here at the forum, living in the U.S. were getting the same things I was wanting. I decided to go ahead and try to buy an item anyway even though it said I couldn't purchase it at my location. Guess what, it went through with no problem and the message has now disappeared after being there almost all the time for a couple weeks. Try it, can't hurt. Let us know if it works.

Simon A likes this.
  2. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

With respect to big ticket items shipped internationally, like big vinyl box sets, I think Amazon have been shipping ONLY through UPS. Consequently, anyone with "P.O. Box Null" as their default shipping address get the "Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to your location" message.

It is possible that by switching your address to your regular home address (i.e. without the "P.O. Box Null"), you might be able to get this item shipped to you.

Bear in mind however, that by doing so you may have to pay import fees and duty.

Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a shot.

3. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

Funny because it is no problem getting stuff from other Amazon locations to Canada. Hope you guys can sort it out.

4. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

No it wont work.They will ship dvd sets but not the vinyl boxes anymore.And I bought all three of my Beatles vinyl boxes from them.
    I guess they learned from all the returns they had to eat the return postage on for the stereo Beatles box.....100's they had topay for.
    The beave

5. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Perhaps, because I'm in New England, I was able to have the Stones vinyl set shipped to me? Supposedly being shipped today.

Simon A likes this.
  6. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

HMV were also selling it for $200 this weekend

7. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

That's a bummer.

8. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

9. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Ah, Amazon.ca won't ship them to the U.S..

Edit: beaches_entertainment has the 2016 Division Bell on Amazon.com for $31.13 total. So I picked that one up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  11. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

lpfreak1170 and Simon A like this.
  13. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

77 dollars for 5 CDs doesn't seem to be that great a deal to me.

14. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You must not be a Bear Family guy. That's about 1/3 of the usual price.

15. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I don't know about Canadian import fees, but ordering direct is not 3 times as much, 75 USD plus 32 USD shipping. It's a shame they don't remove VAT. They do tell you that they aren't removing $12.05.

16. Dennis Metz

I don't know what kind of exchange rate you're using, but $77.31 plus HST is $87.36 Canadian which should convert t0 around $66 US. Are they really charging $32 to ship to the USA? :cheers:

17. Dennis Metz

PS not everyone lives in the USA. Shipping is free for us poor Canadians:D:cheers:

18. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I meant ordering directly from Bear Family in Germany. It was in response to$77 being 1/3 the normal price. It it's truly 1/3 the normal price on amazon.ca, ordering directly from Bear Family is cheaper.

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You're also forgetting Canadians get charged duty and a processing fee so add another $35 or so in that if ordering from Bear Family direct. Also there is the Canadian dollar to convert to. So assuming you buy it for $95US (regular price at their store) plus $30 shipping from Bear you're easily around $225 Canadian with exchange rate and duty. So like I said...about 1/3. I think you can assume Canadians know what they are talking about in an Amazon Canada thread. :)

Dave, eelkiller, RobCos02330 and 3 others like this.
  20. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Whatever the regular price is, it is still a ridiculous price to pay for 5 CDs.

21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Many Bear Family sets are worth those "ridiculous" costs.

22. Dennis Metz

Thanks for your input:wave::cheers:

Simon A and Peter_R like this.
  23. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

And the input from 99.9% of my friends, family, and co-workers is that it's ridiculous to buy CDs at any cost in 2016.

As the saying goes,
    It's all relative...
    :p :laugh: ;)

eelkiller likes this.
  24. Dennis Metz

and why do we need this ridiculous post?

25. Dennis Metz