What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoffr

geoffr Lifeguard in a carwash

Zentropa

2. geoffr

Thought that it might be about volleyball smugglers.

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

This:

[​IMG]

It was just so bad. I did not like it at all.

Lightworker likes this.
  4. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I remember seeing a preview for that in the theatre and thing at the time,"Who the hell would want to see THAT?!"

Fullbug and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

I saw the movie my freshman year of high school during Economics class thinking that this movie is going to stink. Turns out that it did.

lightbulb likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I've seen 12 of 'em, but oddly, not "Battlefield Earth"!

7. Oatsdad

Christina Milian - she had modest success circa 2004-06. she also had a minor acting career, with appearances in some other films/TV shows.

Career doesn't really seem to have gone much of anywhere - she got work but fell short of stardom...

8. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I've seen zero. Not even:
    The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?

You can tell most of them (other than a few like Gigli and Battlefield Earth) are low budget knockoffs (or very low budget knockoffs of knockoffs). But how did The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? not become a midnight special sort of like Ed Wood movies just for the name?

9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

They were all pretty awful.... the Walken and Pacino cameos in Gigli are about the only thing on the list I'd look forward to watching again. :p

Deuce66 likes this.
  10. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I've seen the ones that ended up on MST3K... Mitchell, Manos, Santa Claus, SC Conquers the Martians, Soultaker, Track of the Moon Beast, Eegah.

11. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I've seen about 5 on MST3K - but that's different to me, so I don't really count those.

"Baby Geniuses" I actually watched. I think I kept watching partly out of amazement and wondering as it went on if it could get worse. Man, it's BAD.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Caligula (at the cinema, 1980). Had to take a shower afterwards. Still disgusted with myself
    for sitting thru that, that thing.

13. It's actually surprisingly dull. Too few incredibly strange creatures (who aren't really strange creatures) and too many musical interludes. It looks pretty good though - as well it should, being the movie that gave renowned cinematographers Vilmos Zsigmond and László Kovács their start in the US (and got them their union cards).

14. éder

éder Forum Resident

'Jaws 4: The revenge' with michael Caine .. absolutely dreadful..

15. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Yeah, watching that without alcohol and a good sense of the absurd is near-impossible.

16. arley

arley Forum Resident

Concerning the criticism of Citizen Kane, it's like the guy who goes to a performance of Hamlet and then remarks: "Don't see what the big deal is. Somebody just strung together a bunch of quotations."

Avatar seemed to me what I imagine dating a supermodel would be like. Incredibly gorgeous--and incredibly stupid. "Unobtanium"--give me a break.

My all time worst movie--and it's perhaps unfair to list it since I've tried to watch it on more than one occasion and couldn't get past 15 minutes of it--has got to be The Terror of Tiny Town. What a concept--it's a singing Western, but has an all-midget cast (they ride Shetland ponies). It's on YouTube if you care to sample it. Bad concept, bad plot, bad acting, bad singing...but as Mark Twain said in another setting, "Counting these out, what is left is Art. I think we must all admit that."

17. éder

éder Forum Resident

I think that Michael Caine was using alcohol during the making of the film .. he looked like he was drunk

18. MikaelaArsenault

Elf

Tim S and sgb like this.
  19. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I generally don't care for "worst" threads, but two come to mind, both of which I walked out of a theater on. Both are probably highly regarded in some circles but they were just "not for me".

The Royal Tenenbaums - I couldn't tell if this one was a comedy, a drama, or what. All I know is it made me squirm in my seat and I couldn't wait to get out of the theater. My wife felt the same way.

High Anxiety - I'm not much of a Mel Brooks fan. I find him silly in the extreme, and this was the back end of a double feature. Again, my wife and I agreed, and we walked out.

I'm not one to generally agree with critics and "the crowd", and there are some movies that I like that are generally considered to be awful trash. I'll contribute two of those too, to balance things out.

Lost Horizon - the 1973 musical version. I fell in love with this one when I saw it on an NBC showing shortly after it had bombed in theaters. Having never seen the Capra version, I was taken with the whole story - and I loved Bacharach music - still do. But I recognize it as a cinematic turkey.

Xanadu - Another latter day musical that's often cited as a bad movie. I loved the music and always thought of it as a long-form music video.

Fullbug, MikaelaArsenault and sgb like this.
  20. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.
    All of these are pretty bad, too.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  21. High Anxiety listed in a "Worst movie you ever watched thread"? Come on -it's not top tear Mel Brooks, but if this ranks as a "worst movie watched" then you have watched very few movies. :winkgrin:

Oatsdad likes this.
  22. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I shed a tear EVERY TIME I see it listed on TCM's schedule. ;)

Fastnbulbous likes this.
  23. geoffr

I saw "Bad Santa 2" the other day. Maybe not the worst I have seen, but in the top five. I laughed my ass off, tho.

Fullbug likes this.
  24. Oatsdad

Actually, I think it is top-tier Brooks. "Young Frankenstein" is better but otherwise, I'm not sure if I like any of his other movies more.

Stating before someone asks: yes, this means I like "HA" more than "Blazing Saddles". Don't get the "Saddles" cult, honestly - just not that funny to me! :hide:

ohnothimagen likes this.
  25. Oatsdad

How could you regard it as a terrible movie if you laughed so much? :confused:

Assuming you're laughing with it, not at it...

Tim S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.