What is your favorite online source for vinyl records?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vagante, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagante

Vagante Forum Resident Thread Starter

Where's your favorite place to buy vinyl records online and why?

2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

When they have sales I like Music Direct,Acoustic Sounds,Soundstage Direct.Basicly they have been reliable for me and they have all of the latest audiophile reissues.There are of course many other places to keep an eye on to compare release dates and prices like Amazon,deepdiscount Bullmoose.
    For used records I like to go looking in shops.I`ve had good luck on Discogs and ebay too for a few things.

3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I try very hard to buy from one of my local shops. Otherwise, Discogs, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct or Soundstage Direct because of the packaging and care they take in shipping records. Too many damaged records from Amazon.

4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

5. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

I'm not familiar with Birka Jazz but am quite familiar with Craig Moerer. He's been buying and selling vinyl for a LONG time! I first met him at a Seattle show, IIRC he's in the Portland area. I haven't been to Austin in a long time but I would usually see him there cruising the show and buying lots of product. He knows grading, he knows original pressings. And his customer service practices are A-1 AFAIC.

panasoffkee likes this.
  6. FJosh

FJosh Forum Resident

I try to buy records directly from the label's website.

7. Most of my ONLINE purchases are made on Amazon UK and CA. I rarely buy from Amazon US, AS, MD, ED or SD in the States as shipping to Canada is outrageously expensive, plus I get charged brokerage.

8. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Lately I've bought quite a few LPs from PopMarket, Music Vaultz, and Import CDs' E-Bay store as they've had incredible, near once in a lifetime sales this holiday season. My regular new source has been Amazon (USA) and Music Direct for quite a while. I've also bought a couple used from Discogs but I prefer scrounging at estate and garage sales for used (forget thrifts, nothing but junk for the last couple of years).

9. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Anyone order from Jet? Their prices are low...makes me nervous

10. BluRayVen

BluRayVen Well-Known Member

eBay and Discogs

11. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I realise I'm quoting an old post but we have been revived.
    Craig Moerer Records by Mail are slipping recently (IME).
    Initially I was very happy with everything esp the pack and post.
    Pack and post is still excellent but the grading has slipped and their Feedback score isn't as good as it should be.
    Last order I returned and they were very helpful, it's just a PITA from here. I'm not going to bother on this one, (it would mean splitting the order and adding more details), and I'll reduce ordering from them.

12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I like Audiophile USA.They stock in print records for five times the cost and try to convince you why they are so difficult to find.:nyah:

13. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I am very bummed to be sitting here on Thanksgiving, surfing around for records, and the Moerer service is offline for a few weeks, and Birka Jazz is no more.

14. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

A little pricey at times, I agree. I've found a few great values there. Always nicely packed and as described.

15. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I like trolling eBay for obscure titles at a good price. The quality varies, but I haven't had any major problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.