Record Stores In Utrecht, NL?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Marc Perman, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll be spending a day in Utrecht this week. Any good shops for used vinyl? Not that I'll be able to carry any more back home once I'm done with Amsterdam! Thanks.

2. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

I think this guide will help:
    Waar platen kopen in Utrecht? - Plaatzaken.nl »

Plato has the largest selection new cd and vinyl, but also a selection of second hand. Member of the same chain as Concerto in Amsterdam.
    Plaatboef and Grammophoonwinkel are mainly second hand. Just found out about Reset Records, never been there but I'm going to check it out.
    ( Best second hand vinyl in Amsterdam - I know of - is RecordFriend:
    Welkom bij RecordFriend. » )
    Good luck!

zphage and Soundslave like this.
  3. Marc Perman

Dank je!

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I was in Utrecht in the early nineties the one record shop I went in made cassette copies of any album you wanted, very cheap.
    Popular there at the time.

5. Marc Perman

Some business model!

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Yeah, my thought and this was pre internet. I was aghast. I mean if your broke go to the library.

Saying that it's a very beautiful town, and two decades have passed.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  7. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

8. cellery

cellery Well-Known Member

Afraid Utrecht is surprisingly dissapointing for record shopping for such a big city in my opinion, at least, if it's interesting used records you're looking for. Plaatzaken.nl indeed gives the low-down but while all those shops have good stock of new vinyl the used sections have always dissapointed me; just the general run-of-the-mill sixties and seventies big sellers that you can get pretty much anywhere.

9. cellery

cellery Well-Known Member

Now Rotterdam, on the other hand ... There's three great record stores a few minutes walk from each other on De Nieuwe Binnenweg: Plaatboef, Demonfuzz and Vinylspot. Those pretty much match the best Amsterdam stores in my opinion. Easily my favorite record shopping spot in the country. Vinylspot especially is great with a seemingly endless and very steady supply of hard to find collectors items. If you're a jazz fan, definitely check that store out!

Marc Perman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.