Possible Beatles US Vinyl box set on the way?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by raq0915, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Absolutely they should, it'd be the easiest thing for them to do if they wanted to preserve "authenticity".

That said, if this proposed project did come to fruition I personally would not shell out the bucks for a single album from the set -let alone the whole box set- unless it was confirmed that they did use the original U.S./Capitol mixes and not merely reproduced the 2009 UK remasters again. I can just imagine the howls of righteous indignation if they simply reproduced the 2014 U.S. set on vinyl...can you imagine?:laugh:

Not that I would really need this set, mind you- my old 60's Capitol LP's are in surprisingly good condition- most of the covers are in much worse shape than the actual records.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  2. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

If one really wants to re-visit the nostalgia of playing the 60s Capitol albums, pick up a handful of affordable VG or VG- copies and find a vintage portable record player... the kind that most teenagers probably owned in that era. You'll get the best approximation of what it was like to be a fan of that era.

I have a stack of old Capitol LPs that had seen better days. When I spun them on my portable Califone school house player, they sounded amazingly good. Despite scuffs and scratches, they played very well. Of course, many of the highs and lows are rolled off, so it's mostly mid-range frequencies. But it sounded just like I remembered from my childhood.

And when I want to hear The Beatles in high fidelity, I have near mint UK LPs I can play on my better turntable. The best of both worlds. :righton:

john lennonist likes this.
  3. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Okay so Capitol just retweeted someone's pic of a Beatles single. They don't normally do stuff like this. They seem to only tweet and retweet stuff about newer artists. Seems very odd at the very least. Im thinking this box set is coming soon

The Beave and andrewskyDE like this.
  4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

If it's all analog and uses the correct Capitol tapes, then I'm 100% in.

5. raq0915

Totally

The Beave likes this.
  6. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I'd buy the US vinyl box in a heartbeat, I've got the other two (stereo and mono) and they are things of beauty.

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Forgive me if I'm missing something but what box set? Have you heard any rumors or is this just your thinking, so to speak?

8. raq0915

Its a crazy theory. Check the first page of the thread where I detailed it. Forgive me for not repeating it here, but its quite a long post

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Okay, I read your initial post. I could be wrong, but I don't think a US box set is in the works. Maybe Capitol is getting ready to issue Meet The Beatles. It was released in January of 1964. Perhaps Capitol will issue the LP later this month or next... This is just a guess on my part.

forthlin likes this.
  10. raq0915

Just seems really weird to do a one off like this

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Why do you think so?

12. raq0915

Well theirs no doubt they had to get permission from Apple, which in turn means they had to get the go ahead from Paul, Ringo, Yoko, and Olivia. The Beatles release something every year. If they're going to reissue Meet the Beatles, why would they not turn around and say "meh lets just go all in and reissue all the US albums?" and that would be their product for this year, nice and simple. Also, like I mentioned to start, it seems like most of these 75th anniversary picks are already reissues

13. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

No offense, but why is a US albums vinyl boxset needed?
    There's so many original copies in good condition already.

ssmith3046 and andrewskyDE like this.
  14. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

"good condition" is not very good by Goldmine standard.... NM or better copies of original US pressings command a pretty good penny and are not as common as one would think

john lennonist and raq0915 like this.
  15. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Give me a box of all the Capitol 45s with picture sleeves and I'm in!

16. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

For real. That's the one thing they haven't reissued. And it would be nice if they would make it an actual limited edition, like 5,000 or so

ptijerm likes this.
  17. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I'd be all over a comprehensive Beatles 45s box set with picture sleeves.

18. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

I didn't literally mean "good condition." I just meant that there are tons of US Beatles albums in playable condition already. Not even necessarily original 60's copies.

fishcane likes this.
  19. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

I just ordered mine from Amazon.

20. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

If a box it's on the works, it will be inclued the same albums of 2014 CD versions (with Early Beatles, no Introducting, and Hey Jude), the audio i don't know, i won't be surprise for be the 2009 remasters with normal mixes, and using capitol masters for USA unique mixes.

And also, for a USA Box Set, it needs to be two boxes, stereo and mono.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

My box set just arrived.

john lennonist and culabula like this.
  22. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I just flipped my boxed set for double what I paid.

Score!

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Or both versions combined in a gatefold sleeve?

john lennonist and Klassik like this.
  24. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Or perhaps being delivered by a flying unicorn above dancing dolphins.

25. Pelvis Ressley

Pelvis Ressley Down in the Jungle Room

You skipped "MINE JUST SHIPPED".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.