TV shows that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Sounds like a plan, send a screen treatment to CBS and see if it flies!

2. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

"The Adventures of Hatchet Jack" wherein the life of the man Jeremiah Johnson found frozen solid is fleshed out in a weekly scenic action/adventure series involving Jack coping with the hardscrabble existence of a resourceful mountain man and his 50 caliber Hawken rifle in the 19th century as he encounters the elements, Indians, dangerous critters, and of course interesting folk also making their way into or through the Rocky Mountains from various stations of 19th century life. And maybe give it a light-hearted, even humorous approach like in "Maverick" as Jack narrates often throughout each episode (sometimes even wondering why he ever came into these God-forsaken mountains in the first place!). Del Gue could even make an appearance or two.

3. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Two more seasons of Firefly.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Back in the 80s, I imagined a show set in my city, Washington, DC, starring my friend as a PI.

The difference from the historical plethora of DC shows would be: in addition to the de rigeur national political settings and plots, there would be actual normal DC residents in the many varied DC neighborhoods.

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

All in prison.
    Maybe Lindsay and Kim could show up on 'Orange Is The New Black'?

I really wanted a 'Buffy/Angel' spinoff with Dawn teaming up with Gwen as a pair of professional thieves. If Willow and Illyria wanted to show up as frequent guest stars, that would be okay too.

6. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

It was going to be called Phase II and all but Spock were set to return. Test footage was even shot. Here was Spock's replacement.

7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

There is a sequel to The Prisoner in the form of a comic book/graphic novel: Shattered Visage (The Prisoner - Wikipedia »)

8. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

"24: President Aaron Pierce's Day"

Gene Barry used to say he wouldn't mind doing a tv sequel to his Bat Masterson western with Masterson as a New York City sports writer and columnist as the real Masterson was from 1902 until his death in 1921. I thought Doctorow novel "Ragtime" on this era was so interesting but the movie was a real flop.

9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

"Awkward!"

After being forced to turn over their electronic devices, four teenagers are placed in a room for thirty minutes to see if they can communicate in the traditional fashion.

10. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Easy to write the dialogue for that one, I'd reckon: not one line over 140 characters (ala Twitter) and LOTS of acronyms: "OMG!" "LOL!" etc etc etc...

11. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

An up to date version of "The Space Giants"

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

A tv show setting on events like Haight-Ashbury / Summer Of Love / Psychedelic stuff.
    (I don't know many TV shows, so if something like that exists already just let me know.^^)

JimW likes this.
  13. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I was thinking something more along the lines of a game show. The contestants can win money and fabulous prizes by uttering complete sentences, or making eye contact.

14. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Film it in an American hospital (i.e. no cell phones allowed)

15. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Last year there was 'Aquarius' - would that count as close enough?

The final seasons of 'Mad Men' and 'Masters Of Sex' kind of covered that territory, though probably not in as much detail as you would like.

MikaelaArsenault and andrewskyDE like this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Aquarius? The name sounds familiar to me. It was the key song in the psych musical 'Hair'!

17. MikaelaArsenault and AveryKG like this.
  18. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

D'oh! I meant a season four. Or at least some kind of proper resolution. There was talk of a movie to do this, as I recall, but that never came about either.

SoCalWJS likes this.
  19. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Two guys dress as women to get on a lifeboat during the sinking of the Titanic. When they're rescued they become instant celebrities forcing them to live out their lives as their female personas.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Sounds more of a movie than a series to me ;)

21. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The basic premise is their celebrity. They get invited to the White House and hang out with movie stars. William Randolph Hearst buys them a huge apartment in NYC. They're waiting for things to die down so they can get back to their previously lives but every episode they become bigger stars.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

A show hosted by Steve Hoffman where he invites various forum members on to discuss various topics. I imagine the results to be similar to this:

;)

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

We have nearly 15 seasons of this already.^^

24. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

A UK version of The Amazing Race.

With me to be on one of the first teams.

25. You and me both (along with Millions of others).

Rumors still show up from time to time that there is something in the works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.