TV shows that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I didn't watch Vinyl yet but music related TV shows are things I always like. So, why no second or third season of it?

2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

A guy who's been plugging away in the background of the music industry for years suddenly becomes a big star. Almost instantly he realises he doesn't like it and decides to destroy his career by releasing a terrible second album.

goodiesguy and andrewskyDE like this.
  3. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Rifleman Survivor. Set in 1881.

4. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Critics hated it, people online made fun of it, DVD and BluRay sales for season one were practically non-existent.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Very sad. We need a better (semi-)biographic tv show related on music then.

6. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

The Tonight Show with David Letterman.:D

7. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Either way, get on the phone to NBC, stat!

8. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

A fourth series of the British comedy Bottom. RIP Rik Mayall. :cry:

sean monaghan likes this.
  9. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

"Young Doc Martin". A way for Clunes to continue the show without rehashing old story lines. Martin (obviously played by a younger actor) is a medical student assuming (often rightly so) that he is smarter than everyone else, but simultaneously alienating anyone who tries to get close to him. Clunes could direct and produce and occasionally appear as Martin's father (which he has done once or twice already). It would be similar to "House", which I miss.

10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

"The StoogeFather"

Moe Howard heads up a criminal organization that presents an air of respectability but is backed by slapstick violence. You do what you're told, or they make you an offer you can't understand.

11. sean monaghan

sean monaghan Forum Resident

A Fourth series of Father Ted which sadly could never happen with the deaths of stars Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly.

A crossover of British children's classics Watership Down and The Animals of Farthing Wood.

12. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

• A live-action version of 8 Man (an anime series from the 1960s about an android who contains the transplanted memories of a murdered police detective [predates Robocop by more than 20 years]).
    • A live-action version of Empire (based on the comic book series of the same name): In many comics the villain tries to take over the world. Well, in this series he does...and then finds out he is ill suited to rule the world. He wants to quit but can't because of the people around him (who he can't trust and would take him down in an instant if they thought they could get away with it). There are no superheroes because he wiped them all out and with his technology he can eliminate any opposition in an instant.

13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

14. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

musicfan37, carrick doone and Jamey K like this.
  15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They kinda did that: the 1979 movie was taken from Roddenberry's TV pilot script and rewritten and expanded as a movie. There's a book out there that goes into great detail on all the TV scripts that were written, and they weren't very good. Pieces of those ideas did show up in later movies and the TNG show.

Mark Evanier was one of the writers on the 1970s show, and he has some very funny stories about working on it. Jeff Altman is an incredibly talented comedian.

Whenever I taunted him about that show ("oh, sure, this is good... like Pink Lady was good"), he would remind me that he got years of work from doing that one series, as bad as it was. He was only responsible for the jokes -- not the concept.

16. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Steel cage matches with Hoffman forum members fighting it out over the best masterings. :winkgrin:

[​IMG]

RayS likes this.
  18. A zany sitcom starting Gary Numan as a madcap pop star whose butler is a clone of Hitler. Roger Waters would make an occasional guest appearance as the Archbishop of Canterbury.

A new series of The Mod Squad starring the original cast, now going undercover to fight crime in retirement communities and on cruise ships.

19. Solitaire1

Sounds like a character named Meru Otonashi from the manga series Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (title roughly translates into English as "Goodbye, Mr. Despair"). She can only communicate via text messaging (although she can make vocal sounds she is basically incapable of speaking understandably).

20. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

Spinoffs of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT would be good, perhaps Michael and Gob trying to run a business in an unlikely location - I have no idea what or where.

21. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

The Audio Couple: A neurotic and fussy audiophile who embraces digital music in all forms (Felix) is thrown out of his house by his wife, and moves in with his former college buddy who is a slovenly analog music fanatic (Oscar). Madcap hijinks ensue as the two roommates try to convince each other that their preferred media source is superior. In the pilot episode, Oscar throws a surprise record spinning party only to discover that Felix is allergic to vinyl.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I had always hoped that SOMEONE would try to make either a TV show, or, as HBO calls it, a 'limited series' based of the Residents CD-ROM, "Bad Day On The Midway"!
    I know there was talks with David Lynch, back in the day, but.... I wished someone would've picked up where he jumped off!

23. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

A just pre-apocalypse society where it is reality show(s) that cause the apocalypse. Kind of like a non-campy running man that does not show the actual shows but what they have caused society to devolve to.

24. Solitaire1

Alternate idea:
    There are two villages. One village is full of people who think that analog is the only way to listen to music and reject digital. The other village is full of people who think that digital is the only way to listen to music and reject analog. At the school between the two villages there's a conflict between the digital students and the analog students.

But one digital boy falls in love with one digital girl...will it lead to a tragic ending?

25. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

A show with the separate families before Mike and Carol Brady met....

Mylene likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.