Price Watch: Rolling Stones Mono vinyl box

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lennonfan1, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Try contacting Dylan at this email: [email protected] ... I hounded them via Twitter but it's still been a pain...

marcb likes this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

My package was sent with improper delivery info and has now left the US for Canada. USPS was unwilling to redirect. No response yet to my web communication over the weekend. I just tried the above email address as well.

Something tells me this isn't going to end well.

lightbulb likes this.
  3. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Do we know yet if MV plans to reship any of the orders that were sent back? I finally received a response to my email this morning, but they were just asking me to confirm my shipping address.

4. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

MV told me they are re-shipping what they can of mine immediately, but will have to wait until my packages come back to re-ship some items since they are out of stock. Fingers crossed, but I placed my order Nov. 26 so not looking fwd to waiting another few weeks to receive it...

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Thanks for the email info oldjollymoon. Dylan got back to me within a couple of hours. FWIW, he I ndicated that over the holidays they had a "technical glitch that affected our orders heading to the US where the address was not fully incorporated on the label".

Anyway, he said they would get it turned back around to me once they receive it back. This isn't optimal of course - I would have liked to have had the opportunity to have it over the holidays when I was actually home for a few consecutive days since I travel for work all the time - but at least I'll be getting eventually...I hope.

6. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I tried contacting them through the form on their site a few days back.So far no reply.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

See my posts above yours. Send them a direct email...

8. steveharris

Thanks for the email.Yes,I read that today and sent them a message.

9. steveharris

Well,thankfully I did get a reply.It looks like my box made it to my local post office and may have been returned back to the sender.We have about four local post offices so I`ll wait for Dylan to get back to me.

10. PB with J

PB with J Forum Resident

My box got to my local post office (only one local) Tuesday night - the USPS tracking said that it was out for delivery on Wednesday, then at the end of the day said that they had returned it back to sender (NO!!!!!). I stopped in Thursday and they said that after asking, my postman recognized my name and they delivered it later that day.. Yay my post office. If MV recognizes their mistake, I may not email them about my lack of street address.

11. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Well, mine was misdirected & spent a week traveling around California, & when it arrived in my town, went out for delivery but never showed. I spent 3 hours on the phone and at my post office & finally found someone who was able to locate the box.

The mailing box was pretty beaten up, & when i opened it, I discovered that the corners of the top of the box itself are bent and wrinkled.

I've emailed Musicvaultz with photos, but given their poor communication, I'm not holding my breath for a response.

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Have you tried the email address a few posts above? They responded to me in about 2 hours.

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Yup. Took them 4 days to respond to my last email.

14. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I had to open a postal investigation case. No new tracking info since Dec 29 when delivery status was not updated. Contacted musicvaultz who said they would send another when it was in stock but not looking good when the website says "sorry sold out."

15. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I've posted a few times in the Beatles Mono Box thread. I ordered the Beatles Stereo Box, and am going through the same thing as you. The whole ordeal has been a pain in the a**.

Anyway, I've spoken with their customer service rep via Facebook, and was told they will resend the same box once they receive it. Perhaps they haven't received yours yet, and will resend it once they do? I don't think it would hurt to contact them via Facebook and gently let them know you are still waiting.

16. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I got an email from Dylan that said they'd overnight FedEx my packages back to me when they "hit their warehouse." According to the tracking, the first one hit their warehouse about a week ago, so I don't know what to make of that.

17. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Yeah, he told me the same thing. He also said that the return boxes just started to trickle in beginning last Friday.

18. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

$169.77 shipped to the USA from Amazon France right now.

statcat, marcb, GertjanE and 2 others like this.
  19. steveharris

Funny thing is I probably hit every local post office in my travels to mail records and cds.My Stones box was probaly right there waiting.Now it`s smashed off back to sender and hopefully back to me undamaged.

20. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Thank you for the heads up. Wasn't looking to get the boxset but this is too good of a deal! Ordered!

stoneknuckle and sennj like this.
  21. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

thanks, ok I ordered one from amazon France.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    stoneknuckle likes this.
  22. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Weird, mine came out to $137 right now from Amazon France...I wonder if the price dropped even further this morning! Very Excited!!! :goodie:

details of the order
    Order #
    Conducted January 11, 2017
    [​IMG] The Rolling Stones In Mono - Limited Edition Box (16 LPs + 48p booklet.)
    Sold by Amazon EU SarL
    EUR 122.56
    Subtotal of items: EUR 122.56
    Shipping : EUR 8.50
    Total amount of the order: EUR 131.06

stoneknuckle and lightbulb like this.
  23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Hmmm, weird. Mine order just now was the exact same price & shipping in euro but it came to $143.63. My card isn't supposed to have any currency exchange charges...but I wonder if that got tacked on? Either way, it's a great deal.

Sous-total des articles : EUR 122,56
    Frais d'envoi : EUR 8,50
    Montant total de la commande : EUR 131,06
    USD 143.63*

Moyen de paiement sélectionné : Visa

Update: Now back up to 364.12 Euro...must have been an error. I hope it doesn't get canceled. My MusicVaultz order (which is still currently touring North America) is getting canceled...as soon as the Amazon.fr order ships.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    lightbulb likes this.
  24. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

There should be an option for you on all European Amazon sites to pay in either Euro or USD...I believe Amazon tacks on a bit of a currency charge themselves so I always choose to pay in Euro as my Credit Card doesn't charge a currency exchange/conversion fee either.

marcb likes this.
  25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yep. That's it. I wanted to get the deal before it disappeared and didn't take the time to translate everything until after I posted my comments above.

Oh well...I done dumber things with $6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.