Price Watch: Rolling Stones Mono vinyl box

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lennonfan1, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Ahh hell the deal is gone already?

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

As of a little while ago, yes.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I had it in my cart and then bam, it was gone. Good deal for those who got it!

4. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

I was stupid enough to have it send to my European address and added 30 $ in taxes ... but at 194$ for this box, I don't think anyone can complain ;-)

So even having it sent to the US comes out way cheaper than Europe ... strange, but people be warned ;-) Don't try to be smart like me lol

5. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Not sure what there's to complain about if they actually honor that price...I paid $169.77 earlier.

6. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Can you change your shipping address?

7. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Nope, order is in progress ... oh well, lesson learned ;-)

8. GertjanE

GertjanE Well-Known Member

Stupid question probably, but is there a reason that US customers don't have to pay the taxes?

9. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Good question actually ... I don't know ! But I assume they expect that US customers will have to pay import taxes ...

10. GertjanE

Before I forget, and most important, thank you stoneknuckle!
    I managed to order this box for EUR 148,30 from Amazon France. What an amazing price, can't wait to listen.

stoneknuckle likes this.
  11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

That is sort of it as I understand it (although I think it's more about sales tax than import taxes). I'm sure a European member can provide a better, more accurate explanation.

Long story, short...because VAT taxes are collected at every destination of production, if VAT is collected on exports to non-VAT countries, an export from manufacturer/distributor in a VAT country to a retailer in a non-VAT country would result in double taxes to the end consumer on the entire good (once in the VAT country and then again as sales tax in the non-VAT country) - whereas the other way around there would be only be the VAT tax collected on the end retail price of the imported good since sales tax is only collected at the final point of sale (and VAT countries/retailers don't have mechanisms for collecting sales tax).

Thus the double taxation makes VAT countries' exports less competitive. So, in theory, to keep their exports competitive, VAT countries don't collect VAT tax on exports to non-VAT countries.

Now, of course, this is a simplified view of it and discounts the impact of local VAT/sales tax differences, import duties (where applicable), currency exchange differences, retailers who don't collect sales tax in the US, goods going directly from the exporter to the consumer (as is the case here with Amazon.eu), etc.

12. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

Thanks to stoneknuckle. It cost me €190 delivered, I'm in Europe, but that is still half price :edthumbs:

lightbulb and stoneknuckle like this.
  13. rob macd

rob macd The sunshine bores the daylights out of me

I finally received my Stones box after its tour of us and Canada
    The box that holds the lps is split on two corners
    Anyone has any luck with MUSICVAULTZ in regards to damage
    I'll be happy with partial refund or credit
    Don't want to deal with return postage $$$

14. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about my damaged box.

15. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

The Rolling Stones mono box shipped to me from amazon France this morning. Thanks stoneknuckle! Requested musicvaultz to refund since I never got it.

lightbulb and stoneknuckle like this.
  16. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Has anyone here ever received a refund from Musicvaultz? I'm asking because someone there told me last Friday to expect to have my money back in "up to 5 business days." Those five days have passed and they still have my money.

17. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Mine still hasn't shipped and it appears that Amazon.fr is sold out except for Marketplace Sellers...I hope my order doesn't get cancelled!

18. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I received mine today via FedEx. I was one of the victims of the address label snafu, so it had to be sent to me twice. I was worried because the outer box was pretty beat up, but the padding inside the box saved it from damage.

19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Jeez I guess I need to pay more attention to this thread!

20. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I got a bum pressing of the Stones' Brussels Affair Deluxe box and sent it back (at their cost) for a full refund which was processed quickly.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  21. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

I just got mine. Quite fast from Europe to the US considering I didn't pay extra for faster shipping...however the box that contains the records is pretty banged up on the edges,but all contents is intact,and after shooting Amazon an email they offered a partial refund,so I couldn't be happier...except for the quality of the covers,terrible reproductions(especially the earlier records)but a minor complaint considering the price I paid.

22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully the outer box survived crossing the pond a little better than yours...

23. GertjanE

Mine arrived last week from Amazon France in excellent condition. Packaging was very good I thought?
    But I live in Belgium, so shipping takes shorter with less bumps on the way I assume.

Covers aren't the best, but not bad eather, but pressing quality of the vinyl seems very good. Haven't had a chance to play them though, going to give them a spin this weekend!

lightbulb likes this.
  24. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Answering my own question in Post #191, I received two refunds from MusicVaultz. It took more time and emailing that one would expect but it's over.

lightbulb likes this.
  25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

$256.55 on an Amazon prime lightning deal right now
    On the fence on spending that much right now

Robert Parker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.