50% off at the Nonesuch store (ends 1PM ET Jan. 12)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Carraway, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carraway

Carraway Well-Known Member Thread Starter

senseabove and noname74 like this.
  2. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Thanks....international shipping is relatively reasonable compared to buying directly from many other US based labels.

3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Shipping is a bit on the pricey side for US destinations, negating a bit of the savings. For example, a $12 item, which would sell for $6 @50% off, added $3 to shipping, so it ends up being 25% off.

4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I don't worry too much about US shipping. :D

5. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

Well, that's an easy way to pick up most of Wilco's catalog...

Plus some Dr. John and Steve Reich, and I call that a nice haul.

For other folks, that My Life in the Bush of Ghosts remaster is fantastic, though it is missing the song that includes quotes from the Koran, which is only otherwise available on the first LP and CD editions. Still worth picking up, though, if you're a fan of the album.

6. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I actually don't know the album. I picked it up to take a chance on it. At $12.50 plus shipping, I thought it'd be worth a try.

For those who want to try the Reich, this performance sounds gorgeous, if a bit careful compared to the original ECM performance.

7. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. I preordered Rhiannon Giddons, a cd by Youssou N Dour, and the soundtrack to Inside Llewyn Davis.

8. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I grabbed Wilco AM (the album where I picked them up) and a couple of Black Keys lps.

Yeah, the $10 in shipping took a bit of the fun out of it, but still good prices (I shop around before pulling the trigger on deals like this).

9. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up.

10. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

Is there a code or something? not seeing any discount when I add items to my cart...

11. Reader

Reader Senior Member

It's before 1PM but the NEWYEAR code doesn't seem to be working. Anybody else seeing any problem there.

12. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

It worked for me. Also saw that it's extended to 6 PM EST

13. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Oops. See my post above.

14. hutchenstance

hutchenstance Well-Known Member

NEWYEAR did not work for me a few hours ago i just gave up.. I don't really care.. when you count in shipping its not that great....

15. Reader

Reader Senior Member

I type it in, one word, uppercase, and it says invalid. Tried a number of times, over last couple hours. Guess they're gonna lose a sale.

16. Carraway

Carraway Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It worked for me last night, but the shipping did take a bit of it away. Preorders were excluded, though.

17. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Thank you for posting this find. 3 Wilco LPs showed up today and I am a happy man.

18. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Got my package yesterday. Unfortunately, my order wasn't filled properly. Got 2 copies of the Clint Mansell/Kronos & got shorted one Wilco title. Waiting to hear back.

19. PB with J

PB with J Forum Resident

50% off until August 31 at 1:00 PM Eastern time. Code is SUMMER

puffyrock2 and jason202 like this.
  20. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

What a sale!

Just picked up 3 Wilco albums (YHF, AGIB, SBS), Dr John's Locked Down, KD Lang's Ingenue, Emmylou's Wrecking Ball and Live at the Ryman, and Allen Toussaint's The Bright Mississippi and American Tunes for ~$13 each on average after taxes and shipping. Pretty incredible considering many of these are 2LP and the 3LP RSD Wrecking Ball is normally at $38 itself.

Unfortunately, a few things went out of stock that I was eyeing (especially, The Allen Toussaint Collection), but I can't complain. What a haul.

I think there's about an hour left on the sale. So jump on this. The Wrecking Ball set in particular is an incredible bargain.

shutdown66 and puffyrock2 like this.
  21. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Great sale....picked up 4 CD's.

10 CD Natalie Merchant Box (I have 2 of these....for 25 bucks worth it for 8 CD's)
    Allen Toussaint American Tunes
    Randy Newman Dark Matter
    K.D. Lang new 2CD set

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.