Better Call Saul - Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

Linger63, EVOLVIST, Scope J and 6 others like this.
  2. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

I can't wait!

Gus Fring's character will be featured in Season 3. AMC released this commercial of Los Pollos Hermanos.

3. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Interesting. Bringing back a dead man.....

4. stereoptic

He's hasn't been killed yet.

5. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Doh! Oh ya, I Was thinking about Breaking Bad!!!!!!!!!

stereoptic likes this.
  6. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Rhea Seehorn is, for lack of a better term, smoking hot. Looking forward to S3.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I believe they have said that the events in Better Call Saul are roughly 5 years prior to the events of Breaking Bad. Which is problematic, since the actors are now about 9 years older than they were when those early shows were being shot.

O Don Piano and Chemguy like this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah but it isn't like bob o or giancarlo were spring peepers to begin with. and saul is so disheveled in BB that he looks younger in BCS to me.

mmars982 likes this.
  9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

It hasn't been problematic for the first two seasons. Of course, you may not have seen the show at all. Weren't you saying it wouldn't be a sequel in the first place and wouldn't take place in Albuquerque? And that his name would be Saul Cohen?

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

April?? Good gravy. Get on with it. Its showtime folks!

mj_patrick likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What's funny to me is the toupee that Bob Odenkirk wears as Jimmy McGill in Better Call Saul, but in real life he just goes around bald. He's been asked, "does your character wear the toupee, or is it you as the actor wearing a toupee?" He laughed and said they haven't figured it out yet.

[​IMG]

12. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I think it's easier for a middle aged actor to lose 10-15 years when the story is within a relatively close amount of time like that.

When the main characters in Dexter tried to pass themselves off as young teenagers in flashback episodes.. that started to venture into cringe territory.

EVOLVIST and Vidiot like this.
  13. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

What can they do about it? Except for:
    I take it to be that Jimmy had more hair at that time, not that he's supposed to be wearing a toupee (even if you can tell it is one). One way they can make him look a little younger.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Naw, he had the same toupee in Breaking Bad. His hair hasn't changed.

There's a point where it either looks haaaaarible, or they have to resort to heavy VFX (a luxury a TV show generally can't afford).

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The hairline isn't that different but his hair is thicker as Jimmy.

[​IMG]

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Interesting 2010 interview with Odenkirk here:

Odenkirk built the foundation of the character by doing two things: First, he gave him a not-so-attractive hairpiece. “Kind of a business mullet, and it’s a comb-over too,” explains Odenkirk, who, by the way, might be one of the only actors in Hollywood comfortable enough to admit that he’s had a little hair-replacement surgery; nothing impressive, he says of his mane, but he wants to maintain the sort of thin-up-top look rather than go completely bald. “It fits me and my voice.”

Breaking Bad's Scene-Stealing Dirtbag »

Panama Hotel likes this.
  17. Gems-A-Bems

That one never gets old with you, eh?

18. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Wish I could talk about this season as a fan, but since I currently work on the show I have to observe this discussion from the sidelines. :whistle:

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, ask him about the rug. Are we right that the show is supposed to take place 5 years prior to Breaking Bad?

20. stereoptic

Wiki says that it is set in 2002, or 6 years prior to Breaking Bad, but I don't suppose we would need a Non Disclosure Agreement for @DrAftershave to verify?

21. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

There are two clues to this in the pilot. The video of his clients has a 2001 date stamp, and presumably it would have taken a while to get to court. Plus, the check that he receives and complains about I believe has a 2002 date. I can't find a photo of it online where you can read it, but I think you can on a big screen TV. This is all from memory, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Vidiot, Gems-A-Bems and stereoptic like this.
  22. Gems-A-Bems

23. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Breaking Bad's first season is set in 2007. The expiration date on the White Family's handicapped placard is in '08. So if BCS is 5 years prior it started in '02.

mmars982 likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The tough thing for the actors is they're shooting the show in 2017, so they're at least 10 years older than they're supposed to be. The funniest episodes of Better Call Saul were when Jimmy was supposed to be like 30, just getting out of jail. I had to go to the store and buy another case of suspension of belief in order to make it through the show.

IronWaffle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.