Beatles Vinyl Mono Box Set $155 shipped

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by sjmin209, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

This will probably be my last purchase from Music Vaultz. I placed my order on the 22nd of December. I was told yesterday that my order would ship today and nothing. Now hearing that some of you that place orders after me have already received yours is frustrating.

2. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

My shipments didn't post on their website. I only got emails about it. I hope that helps, but mine might be in a different category than yours. Mine were among those that had screwed up address labels.

3. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

Right, but you ordered your box set a day after I did and you have already received it. That's what's becoming frustrating.

4. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

They sent me two boxes, both of which arrived at my post office on the same day. Both were sent back at the same time, but one got back to me more than a week before the second. I believe the second package was in their warehouse for a while before they sent it back to me, so it seems they're either understaffed or they don't have a good system for dealing with this kind of thing. I'm just happy to have what I paid for, and in good shape, even though it took better than 3 weeks to get them.

5. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I won't hold my breath on mine, since I think I have the latest order date of anyone actively posting here.

6. Bobbymcgee

Bobbymcgee New Member

I received my mono box-set today. Earlier than expected. VERY well packaged and as a result the box-set was in mint condition.

Still waiting on a reply in regards to my BBC Sessions 1, 2 and Beatles: Love vinyl that was sent back.

Finally, hopefully they have the newly announced George Harrison box-set at a similarly affordable price-point. Will keep my eyes open on that one as that is my next must-have.

7. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

Congrats on getting yours! Still living vicariously through everyone else here. Still no shipping update despite being told it would ship Thursday.

8. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Finally received my Stereo Box today. Has the 'Made in Germany' sticker! :pineapple: The whole ordeal was kinda a pain in the a**, but very happy with the end result. Props to MusicVaultz for correcting their mistake the best they could. Hope everyone else has good luck.

9. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I canceled my order. At this point I have many of the mono records and can just finish out my collection album by album. At the moment I'd rather save the ~$155.

10. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

Mine finally shipped last week. It's in America right now and hopefully with my full address. I don't blame you for canceling. Maybe they were hoping we all would and they could continue selling them for twice what we purchased for

lightbulb likes this.
  11. bamboozlednow

bamboozlednow Well-Known Member

Figured I'd chime in about this, at the very least to vent some frustration. I still haven't received my order for the box sets (mono & stereo) placed on December 23. My order was part of the returned packages because they shipped them with incorrect shipping labels.

I contacted them about my order being returned and they gave me the incorrect shipping label error by them and that they will re-ship my order via FedEx Overnight at no extra cost. I received a delivery notice for that original returned order last Monday, January 16. So I contacted them again, on January 16, asking for a delivery update and if they would send me a tracking number for the re-shipped package. And I haven't heard back from them since. No reply, no tracking number or shipping notice and I obviously still don't have my order.

I was concerned before, now I'm worried. I'm a patient person, I don't expect anyone to ship orders the next day or an immediate response to emails. But when it takes you 1 week (likely over at this point) to respond to emails after you charged me hundreds of dollars for an order that I still don't have after 1 month, that begins to push it. In all previous email exchanges it took them at most 2 days to respond, and they responded several times. But after I brought up the fact that the tracking on the original package said it was received by them, they stopped responding.

Now I'm thinking about cancelling my order too, but at this point I doubt they'd respond. And since they have no phone number to call customer service I'm left will little recourse other than getting my credit card involved.

12. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

People seemed to be getting the quickest responses through Facebook. You might want to try that first.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

I ordered the Stones Mono box last month and couldn't catch it at the post office before it was shipped back as others have reported. I was disappointed but got sidetracked and didn't contact anyone about it though I did follow its tracking back to MV. A few days later, the package arrived at my door unannounced (no email updates with tracking#) via UPS and required a signature - it was properly labeled with my full address. The shipping box looked like it'd been bounced around on a long trip but the actual box was unharmed - no dings, dents or tears. After reading the posts on this and the Stones Mono Box thread, I was quite surprised and more than a little relieved.

My experience obviously differs from a few others but I thought I'd share for the sake of those who may have lost hope and think its a lost cause or worse...

lightbulb likes this.
  14. Vail CO

Vail CO New Member

Could someone explain what the "made in Germany" sticker looks like and where I would look for it on my stereo box set?
    Thanks!

15. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I recommend contacting 'Dylan' via their Facebook. Let him know what is going on with your order. He was very helpful in regards to keeping me updated during the return process.

It's a little black sticker on the back, bottom left corner of the box. It says "Packaged in USA, records made in Germany".

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    lightbulb likes this.
  16. Vail CO

Vail CO New Member

Bummer, mine does not have that sticker. I jumped on this offer very early on and received it quick and in outstanding condition with some killer custom packaging so I was and guess I still am thrilled...But no sticker

17. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

You can also check the numbers etched in the runout and match them to Discogs. That's how I verified that I got an US version from Musicvaultz.

18. turk99

turk99 Forum Resident

Well hot damn. Finally a shipment confirmation for the Mono box. My order date was Dec 27.

19. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

If I remember right, 12/27 they were out of stock, and waiting for more to arrive. Come on people, chill out - this was a great deal for a great Box set. I'm getting sick of all the bitching...

20. Bobbymcgee

Bobbymcgee New Member

I also got re-shipping confirmation for my BBC Sessions 1 and 2 and Beatles: Love Vinyl.

Pretty happy overall despite these being returned and the delay on the mono box-set.

21. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

The lack of customer service communication and shipping products without full address is worthy of a little bitching. It's little things like those that would have made the long wait more tolerable

22. bamboozlednow

bamboozlednow Well-Known Member

so I finally got both of my box sets today. ironically after they finally (waited over 1 week to get a response from them) emailed me this morning to tell me that it shipped back on January 19. I then immediately emailed them back asking for a tracking number because had they shipped it FedEx overnight like they told me (most of us actually) they were, it obviously should have been here long before the 25th if they shipped if the 19th.

An hour or 2 after I sent that email asking for tracking the mailman knocked on my door with 2 separate packages for me. they lied and didn't ship it overnight, not even FedEx or UPS. they used USPS international priority. and not only that, that still got the shipping labels wrong. they put in the wrong state. even after confirming my shipping address with them. they didn't ask to confirm it, I purposely gave it to them again to avoid having my order returned to them again. so the packages bounced around the country, going 3,000 miles out of their way. thankfully they got here in perfect shape, despite holes in both packages. got one of the EU Stereo boxes. glad this ordeal is over.

23. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I had no problems with them at all until the address blunder. Eventually after contacting them repeatedly they did refund but it was quite difficult and took numerous emails. I guess I would order again if there was something I really wanted.

24. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

Lots of lucky people getting the EU box. I didn't. I just got through all the records. Only two issues: a skip on Hey Jude from Past Masters. Couldn't see anything, but it skipped on the same spot repeatedly. And the second record of The White Album was pretty warped which resulted in a few skips. Still a good deal. Thinking about replacing those with EU versions. Or not. I already have Hey Jude in Stereo on AAA vinyl with the Blue Album and if I want to listen to the White Album in stereo, there's always the CD. That book is amazing and is easily worth the price I paid for the whole thing. I just read the Please Please Me section and the last two chapters. Lots more to look forward to.

25. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Dumb question but have you wet cleaned the side with hey Jude? I had some zeppelin reissues that skipped for me fresh out of the bag, even after multiple plays. A quick wash with just distilled water and a microfiber cloth, and the skips were gone.

lightbulb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.