X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:agree:

2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I didn't think they could get more rushed than the first episode. But I think the final episode was even worse.

The original run of nine seasons indeed did do the weird "crazy world-altering alien conspiracy episode followed immediately by monster-of-the-week with no acknowledgement of the previous week" thing, and that *was* frustrating sometimes. It was sometimes a weakness of the show, one that shows through even more when you're watching multiple episodes at a time. But at least those episodes were usually compelling.

When the "mythology" is muddled and the individual episodes are largely weak, then it's an extra bummer. A couple of the standalones in the new "limited series" were okay. The best performance of the entire run was the British dude that turned from a werewolf into a human. Maybe they should have just spun *that* character off and did more episodes.

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Fortunately the episode was so weak that I'm not exactly dying to find out what happened next.

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The 6-episode "reboot" series has been available on DVD/BR since June 2016?? How am I just hearing about this now??

5. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Because it wasn't that good?

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Personally I enjoyed the new episodes, and figured the DVD/BR release would've been posted by somebody here on the forums by now... I would've picked up a copy when it was first released if I had heard about it!

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Who knows... maybe it's BETTER the way YOU saw it!
    No commercials, no 'hype'.....

8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Any word on another season?

9. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

So will Season 11? Happen this year..lot of different stories online? David is busy/isn't busy?(Aquarious cancelled?) Gillian's Show(The Fall) coming to an end..even talks of Casting Younger Actors in Roles(if busy) and telling more of back story of characters..

Will look for above mentioned Blu ray.

atb

10. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think another season is still in "Fox wants to do it and hopes they will" mode. I'm guessing it'll probably happen, but it is odd to separate two new seasons by something closer to two years than one.

As for the BD set of the new "Event Series", I would say re-watching the very uneven new season all in one quick swoop does make it more palatable. Between knowing what you're getting into (very iffy up-and-down quality) and knowing that you'll get past the worst episode and be able to move into something else, the show for better or worse does work better as a quick little "binge."

11. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

I am hesitant calling the event series a season. Personally, if we do get 2 or 3 additional event series (6-7 episodes a pop) then I'll just chuck them all in one multidisc case and call that season 10.

MikaelaArsenault and wayne66 like this.
  12. Yes, There was an article in variety where the head of Fox said that January 2018 might be an option provided that all the stars line up.

13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

January 2018 for the beginning of filming, or for an air date?

14. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I liked half of it, but I hope they don't end it there. I'll be annoyed if all of the X-files sums up as a government cover-up NOT involving extraterrestrials.

MikaelaArsenault and smilin ed like this.
  15. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I thought it was one of the weaker episodes too. About all I remember about it now was that it was noisy and everybody ran around a lot.

16. I think they were discussing air date as I recall but it doesn't matter really because these things can always be changed in this business at the drop of a hat.

17. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

18. If they don't do another season just do another mini-series but this time with actually good scripts from beginning to end. It's nice to see the characters and all but I felt there were only two decent scripts out of the total six.

Quark1134, MikaelaArsenault and Plan9 like this.
  19. I've heard rumblings about a 10-12 episode season for 2018. It's all about coordinating a workable schedule between the stars.

20. That's what I read in variety as well. If the "stars" align.

21. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

22. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

It is weird that Anderson is listed first this time around.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  24. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Woo-hoo!! :righton:

Linger63 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  25. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

I would watch it....[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.