Some cheap vinyl from importscds listed on ebay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by paul....r, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

I've been a fan of both English and German versions of these albums for many years. At this price I picked up both of them. The vinyl I have of both is less than stellar, so hopefully this remedies that. The 45RPM aspect is a bonus too. This is really a great price for these. According to Wikipedia, these are actually different recordings of these songs, not just different vocals, although they contradict themselves with the Security entry (That's Wikipedia for you!):
    Ein deutsches Album (English:A German Album), released in July 1980, is a German-language version of Peter Gabriel. Gabriel sang German vocals on top of completely new recorded instrumental and backing vocal tracks. The German lyrics are translations from the English. Two years later, Gabriel released Deutsches Album (1982), a significantly altered version of his fourth album Peter Gabriel (1982) (Security in The United States and Canada).[22]
    Security Contradiction:
    The album boasted a different running order and some substantially remixed songs from the English-language version. Even the background vocals were redone in German. Gabriel's previous German language album, Ein deutsches Album (1980), had been mostly an overdub of its corresponding English-language version, Peter Gabriel (1980).
    All that said, they are well worth hearing if you're a fan of PG.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    lightbulb likes this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I haven't listened to the German version of Security in quite some time but I can confirm there are some very noticeable differences in the music on the German PG3.

3. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Thanks for all the clarification and info...Sadly 3 is now sold out at that price so I will wait for a sale on this elsewhere.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I think SHF has struck again!

Or at least I'd like to think that a good number of fans here managed to get the deal.

Best of luck in finding this one at a good price. If PG4/Security is still available, you might go after that one. The price was a few bucks higher but still a more than solid deal.

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

PG4 (German) arrived today. All I can say is that hearing quality pressings such as this reinvigorates my fondness for vinyl (just as shoddy pressings make me shake my head and question the lunacy of it all).

I repeat, this pressing is still available and I can wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who might be on the fence.

Runicen likes this.
  6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I bought both of the PG and crossed my fingers in doing it. It was hard to find information about these pressings and I had seen some so-so reviews (noisy vinyl) on a few of PG reissues.

7. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

I wasn't entirely sure of what I was ordering based on importCD's rather vague description and reputation for not always delivering the same item as described but for the money, I was willing to take either the 33 or 45 so I pulled the trigger and crossed my fingers. I have an original copy of 'Melt' and have always enjoyed it so hearing a german version of '4/Security' made the decision easy. The package arrived safe yesterday afternoon and both albums are indeed the 2-LP 45 numbered editions so I'm delighted and can't wait to give 'em a spin this weekend. Thanks SJP for the heads' up... a nice bargain!

Dan, Runicen and SJP like this.
  8. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

whaiyun and Bobsblkwax like this.
  9. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

ImportCDs is having two special offers right now, as well.

Buy 4 or more selected vinyl records and get 35% off

10% off if you spend $50 or more on eligible CDs

Special Offers from get_importcds

10. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

If anybody finds some gems in there, please let us know. There's 2,700+ LP's to weed through on the 35% off sale (2,743 items found in this offer) and over 200,000 LP's at 10% off (242,792 items found in this offer).

Spitfire and riverrat like this.
  11. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yeah I just spent a few minutes looking through several pages of lps by bands I've never heard of. Based on what I saw, I doubt I could even find 4 records to buy in order to get the discount..

Spitfire likes this.
  12. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

That's how I felt after 2 pages. I'm definitely lacking the stamina to go through that many LP's in search of the gems to save a few bucks.

Spitfire likes this.
  13. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

Styx - Kilroy Was Here [Vinyl New] | eBay »

25 pages in, that's all I've found....sigh

14. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Not really my cup of tea ... so, if you are looking for "classics" ... don't bother going through them.

Many many Third Man Records in there ... roughly at 8.50 each, while 6 USD at the TMR website. With the 35% discount would be interesting

Only thing I would buy is

Elvis Presley - Showroom Internationale [Vinyl New] $ 9.99

Edit: Looking at the previous comments, I feel a lot better not knowing 90% of the bands lol

15. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

In terms of the CDs there's basically everything; Led Zeppelin Deluxe CD Editions at around normal price, Pink Floyd, Queen etc

Vinyl Deal: After plowing through about 800 albums I only found four that others might be relatively interested in.

Billy Joel - Cold Spring Harbor [Vinyl New] - $8.97

Thunderb*tch - Thunderb*tch [Vinyl New] - $8.53 (If anyone loves Alabama Shakes, this is Brittany Howard's side project. You can usually find it for cheaper on EBay)

Elvis Presley - Showroom Internationale - $9.99

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Live in San Jose 1966 - $8.99

statcat likes this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I thumbed through all. Most look like 7" singles. Aside from what has already been mentioned, I'll add The Waterboys debut. Already have it and there is nothing else remotely tempting to build an order around. Too bad but my wallet is happy to be spared for once.

17. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I found vinyl for Dave Davies, Ohio Players and Josh Rouse that could be cool for the deal, add the Elvis and it's all in for $25. But how much will I listen to them? Hmm...

There's a William Shatner record too :)

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

There's also the Allman Brothers "Reach for the Sky". The Friday Music reissue. $7.08

Allman Brothers Band - Reach For The Sky [Vinyl New] 829421953500 | eBay »

Personally, I don't think the album is worth the dollar you can buy it for used as an original pressing. But the price is good if you want it.

And Emmylou Harris Best Of on Rhino for $9.42

Emmylou Harris - Profile: Best Of Emmylou Harris [Vinyl New] 81227952402 | eBay »

And The Doobie Brothers : Best of Vol II for $6.97

Doobie Brothers - Best Of The Doobie Brothers Ii [Vinyl New] 81227962357 | eBay »

19. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

20. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

I don't want to threadcrap.. but I think this go around of the sale is markedly less appealing than previous editions... I find myself attracted to an album because of the price tag, but then stop and think if its really something I'll be grabbing for. Obvious YMMV, but I didn't see enough here to be excited enough to fill a $35 cart.

Dan likes this.
  21. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Not a threadcrap, IMO. You just talkin' truth here bro!

(No offense intended to OP, we always appreciate heads up on sales, but this one is devoid of anything I'd want)

grouploner likes this.
  22. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I can't speak to the vinyl side, but I did a few artist searches on the CD sale and found some catalogs included that are enticing (including the 2-for-1 Dan Fogelberg reissues and some Klaus Schulze). I wouldn't recommend trying to manually sift through pages. Probably far better to try a few artists you're into and see what you pick up from there.

23. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Quicksilver San Jose '66 double album appeals to me for $9, thanks!

24. Dan

Dan Senior Member

25. VinylSteals

VinylSteals Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.