Anyone listened to the new Chemical Brothers vinyl reissues yet?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry James, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident Thread Starter

Several of the Chemical Brothers albums were reissued on vinyl today. I am interested in a few (specifically the debut "Exit Planet Dust"), and want to know if anyone has picked up any and had a chance to listen yet? How is the quality, and where was it pressed? Thanks in advance!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  2. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Yes please let us know other fellow board members. If these are nice pressings with great mastering count me in. My son would be happy with these.
    Jerry James thanks for the news on these reissues.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  3. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

I have the european Dig Your Own Hole reissue. Good SQ, quiet pressing and excellent art work reproduction. Over all its great, buy with confidence.

Echoes Myron and Clonesteak like this.
  4. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I picked up 5 of the 7 reissues yesterday (not Push the Button or We Are the Night). I got the numbered colored vinyl re-issues. There were 1,000 of each pressed on to colors, and the back of the sleeve is handwritten what number you have. I haven't played them yet, but by examinating each vinyl, I'm excited to own these.

5. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident Thread Starter

I picked up "Exit Planet Dust", and am happy to say that I think it sounds great. No pressing issues, and the audio quality is superb. Sounds really dynamic and powerful; a pleasure to crank the volume up.

JeffMo and Clonesteak like this.
  6. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

I also have the Surrender reissue from about three years ago, i dont know if they are repressing that one in this campaign. Its also very nice.

7. robertk

robertk Forum Resident

Their original EU pressings of those albums are definately going to be hard to beat.

8. Clonesteak

Waiting for my copy from my local. On back order and hope to get this before my birthday in February. :sigh:

9. Clonesteak

I got my copy of Exit Planet Dust!!! :goodie:Hope to give it a spin tonight if not then tomorrow.
    Updates to follow...

azjvm05 likes this.
  10. Clonesteak

The sound and pressing of Exit Planet Dust is phenomenal for a new record these days. Pleasantly surprised at the quality. Now I am tempted to get some more of these on vinyl.
    Will have to crank this up when the family is not home. Will be doing a needle drop so I can listen to this at work next week. :edthumbs:

azjvm05 and Jerry James like this.
  11. Phono Groove

Phono Groove Forum Resident

anyone can comment on the pressing quality of push the button? Where were these pressed?

12. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

Picked up the first 5 of the limited color vinyl releases and so far only listened to Surrender, which sounded really good. Pressing is flat and quiet. Don't recognize deadwax details in regards to pressing plants I am normally familiar with. Deadwax has what looks like a sideways H with a S in the lower half of the H. Hey, at least it isn't Rainbo!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  13. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

Just spun Push The Button and it is really good. I only have my original CD to compare with and the vinyl delivers the sonic goods.

14. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Well, I'm surprised.
    I was pretty sure there'd be a fancy reissue of Dig Your Own Hole this 20th anniversary year. I was hoping for a 2CD with a fancy booklet, probably with a larger reissue for the even more committed. :(
    Disappointed in 2017, RH

15. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Dig Your Own Hole is fantastic. Absolutely perfect pressing and sounds great. And $23 for a 2LP is always good!

16. Vox78

Vox78 Forum Resident

Dig your own hole & Come with us are flawless pressings ..shiny clean,not a pop or crackle and great dynamic sound .Why can’t all records be pressed like this?

Echoes Myron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.